Meet 'The Last King OF Scotland'

Jack Aubrey

Man, does this looks intense!

In an incredible twist of fate, a Scottish doctor (James McAvoy) on a Ugandan medical mission becomes irreversibly entangled with one of the worlds most barbaric figures: Idi Amin (Forest Whitaker). Impressed by Dr. Garrigans brazen attitude in a moment of crisis, the newly self-appointed Ugandan President Amin hand picks him as his physician.

'The Last King Of Scotland'

Cool Jack!

Id See it yes.gif

Just LOVE those scottish accents wub.gif b_sigh.gif

I recently purchased the DVD. As you all probably know, Whitaker took home the best actor Oscar for this one and man, did he deserve it! This role was a real departure for him, and he plays the charming psycopath (the absolute worst kind of psycopath) to perfection. There's not one scene that he is in where you don't totally buy him as Amin. Whitaker dominates and every time he's on screen, he commands your attention. The story isn't exactly a happy one, being essentially the story of a young man who makes a string of bad decisions, but this one is definitely worth your valuable time. Go buy or rent it.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ May 27 2007, 04:33 PM)
This was an excellent film. Probably the best thing i've seen, ever, apart from the LOTR trilogy.

Are there any good extra's on it?

Yeah, there's some nice ones. Deleted scenes w/optional commentary, a documentary, a featurette, and a Fox Movie Channel special about the film.

Saw this movie last night. Forest Wittaker was awesome in it. I still think Leonardo should have one best actor for Departed though....But Wittaker was still awesome in this movie...he made the movie.

Besides his acting, The movie was good, I dont think it was GREAT...like i couldnt sit through it again for awhile...but it was a good movie.

Great movie, I watched this days before the Awards and left really impressed by the history and of course Whitaker's performance !

Right after that I watched another one with Whitaker : "Mary", an excellent movie, with Juliette Binoche and directed by Abel Ferrara.

Edited by HamiltonYYZ