Early 'Simpsons' movie footage!

Jack Aubrey

Ain't It Cool News has some early animatic footage from the 'Simpsons' movie. Watch the bottom one first, then the top one. It's funnier that way. Oh, and yes,it's hilarious! 'Simpsons' animatics.

QUOTE (Slime @ Jul 27 2006, 12:27 PM)
Pretty neat. Are they going to improve the quality of animation for the movie or will it be just like looking at a longer episode of the show?

Probably the same as the show, that's how it looked in the teaser trailer.

I'm looking forward to what I HOPE will be the same brilliant show we used to get to watch...

Right now, the current eps suck.

I dont know about that. I saw one last Sunday on Evolution vs. Creationism that was hysterical.

"Dont you have an exhibit on creationism?" - Ned

"Sure we do" - museum dude

<Cut to display case with mechanical arm pointing and adam and eve and animals appearing. In the background is the Doobie Bros. "What a Fool Believes">

laugh.gif

There are some recent gems, 'tis true. I think it is unfair to say that "all modern episdoes suck" since people have been saying that for at least eight seasons now. I just HOPE that the movie is more than just a three hour episode of the show. There needs to be something DRASTIC in there (ie character death, aging of kid characters) for it to be anything else. It would be great if the movie was (as rumoured) the last episode, because you know that you're going to see it whether or not you've liked the last few seasons. Everybody who's EVER seen the show is going to see this movie. It'll probably be one of the best selling movies of all time, even. I certainly hope it would beat out Titanic ( 062802puke_prv.gif ).

i do think there are a few good modern ones but there's just... it's difficult to explain - in the context of the old episodes, the new ones "suck" but in the context of tv overall, they don't. i think it's that the quality was so high at one point that where they are now seems like such a great decline.

that's not to say that some of the new ones aren't amusing, such as the one where they split the school into boys and girls. i enjoyed that one a lot, but it's still no "i call the big one bitey"

smile.gif

Edited by feelingwithyourskin