DVD/VCR combos

GhostGirl

We need a new DVD player, and are considering a combo DVD/VCR. I found one at Sam's Club http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate....t=5&item=330071 and I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas or thoughts about these players, and if this one in particular is any good.

Jack, I'm hoping this is the right place for such a thread. smile.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 27 2006, 12:31 PM)
We need a new DVD player, and are considering a combo DVD/VCR. I found one at Sam's Club http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate....t=5&item=330071 and I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas or thoughts about these players, and if this one in particular is any good.

Jack, I'm hoping this is the right place for such a thread. smile.gif

Gear discussions/reviews/queries are always welcome here.

So who has experience with this thing? GG needs answers! Let's go!

Thanks, Jack. smile.gif

Okay...nobody knows about this stuff? Obviously I don't have a grand budget for this sort of thing, but I'd like to get something decent. Actually, even if I was rich, I don't like to put an exorbitant amount into electronics...my youngest has a penchant for pushing buttons at a rapid fire rate. (Which may have had something to do with the demise of the old Toshiba, but I digress. biggrin.gif)

I have never been one to buy "combo" units if I can avoid it, at least not for my main setup. They just don't usually have the quality of individual components. However if you don't have an HDTV then you probably won't notice the difference.

Having younger ones that like to push all the buttons, it may make sense to buy this one now & wait until they are older to get something you would be upset if they ruined it. biggrin.gif

if its for a temporary unit, it shouldn't be a problem. The only problem i've seen with some of them (across all brands), is the shared components inside. when one of these go, sometimes the whole thing is shot. for pretty much the same money, you can get a DVD AND a VCR. (vcrs run 67.99 (for a panasonic) and basic DVD players run anywhere from 40.00(RCA) to 64.99 (Toshiba).

hope this helps

Thanks, all. smile.gif Will decide on something this weekend.

My Brother got one for my neice & 2 nephews

*Yes spoiled kids have their own tvs in there rooms* wacko.gif

1 in Ashleys room & 1 in the boys room

since they had alotta kid videos & DvdS

the kids know how to use it very well ( 5yr,3yr,2yr)

and believe it or not They didnt seem to break it yet laugh.gif

Its been well over 2 yrs now..its the TV,VCR & DvD all in one

no probs with it yet, Im not sure if u can get one fixed if it breaks

or how all that works tho confused13.gif SoWWy sad.gif

they seem to be pleased with what they have

i'm curious what the stores return policy is on this product....

if it's anything like costco...

with the exception of computers...if any thing you boght there you're not satisified at any time, for any reason, you may return for an exchange or full refund...

look into it ...that may be the deal maker!!

Thanks, sisters. This is looking like the one to buy, at least for now. smile.gif

With Blu-Ray and HD DVD coming this year, and with the main switch from DVD to the new generation stuff, you're not exactly looking for a long life from a dvd player anymore.

(Oh, and when that happens, go Blu-Ray!)