MST3K

patjnev

Found this on the Mystery Science Theatre website . Natrurally I did a search cause I remember watching one epidsode and remember a Rush reference. Sadly MST3K isn't broadcast anymore( to make room for more reality shows!!!). Anyway I think its a neat find so I am gonna post it . BTW I didn't check to see if any of the shows are on DVD yet I would imagine they will be soon if not allready.

link to page List: MST3K Rush References

List: MST3K Rush References

Eddy Maxwell slightly amended this list is from Sabre X's webpage, where you can hear all of these quotes as .wav files.

* Commenting on a letter, Joel says "Very trippy, and I bet you listen to Rush, don't you?" (Episode 213- Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster)

* Tom Servo confirms that Joel identified "The Rush Guy" (Episode 213- Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster)

* Listening to the movie's soundtrack, Tom notices "Neil Peart on drums." He rhymes "Peart" with "Bert." (Episode 303- Pod People)

* Mr. Servo also says "Neil Peart on drums" in Time of the Apes (Episode 306- Time of the Apes). He mispronounces it here, too.

* Joel Robinson sees a poorly-lit woman and says, "You know, in that light she looks just like Geddy Lee." Crow sounds nauseous... [Note: She really does look like a '70s Geddy] (Episode 504- Secret Agent Super Dragon)

* Dead body with headphones on. Crow: "He died listening to Rush." Joel: "2112." (Episode 508- Operation Double 007)

* Mike Nelson sees three weirdos and says "Hey, it's the band Rush!" (Episode 516- Alien From L.A.)

* Silver Morgan calls home for her sister, Mary Lee, who isn't there. So Crow says, "Well, then, is GEDDY Lee there?"(Episode 601- Girls Town)

* Crow T. Robot sees a crate marked RUSH and yells, "Rush albums! Woo!" (Episode 614- San Francisco International)

* Seeing the same crate later on, Tom announces "Serum. The new CD from Rush." (also from episode 614- San Francisco International )

* Mike says, "Man, I'm so baked right now... you gotta hear this Rush tape." (Episode 804- The Deadly Mantis)

* Mike reads Peanut's letter, explaining his miraculous escape to the year 2112. (Also episode 804- The Deadly Mantis)

* An air-drumming loser prompts Tom (Crow?) to say "The true story of Neil Peart" in (Episode 907- Hobgoblins)

* Mike attempts to recite the opening verse of "The Trees." Crow shuts him up. (Episode 908- The Touch of Satan)

* Crow identifies a secluded Canadian cabin as "Geddy Lee's birthplace" (Episode 910- The Final Sacrifice)

* While the bots trash Canada during a host segment, Mike says "They gave us Rush!" in its defense. (Episode 910- The Final Sacrifice)

By the way, Rush mentions "MST-3K" and "Gamera (is turtle meat)" in the "Assistance, inspiration, comic relief, and/or just plain friendly service" section of the liner notes on their 1993 album Counterparts.

Indeed, it was a great show! I love the episode with Mitchell. Classic stuff. I still have my old MST3K T-shirt in the closet!

I still got my MST3K shirt hanging in the closet, its a little worse for the wear now. Loved that show! Nothing like sitting up late at night, stoned, eatin and drinking watching MST3K!

QUOTE (Kudzu @ Jun 27 2006, 07:26 PM)
QUOTE (Grace2Grace @ Jun 27 2006, 03:37 PM)
That's a nerd show >_> Rush is a nerd band, are they?

Yes. Yes, they are.

Hey, nerds ROCK! biggrin.gif They're cool. They have interesting stuff on their minds - heck, they HAVE minds...

QUOTE (Maddy @ Jun 28 2006, 04:48 AM)
QUOTE (Kudzu @ Jun 27 2006, 07:26 PM)
QUOTE (Grace2Grace @ Jun 27 2006, 03:37 PM)
That's a nerd show >_> Rush is a nerd band, are they?

Yes. Yes, they are.

Hey, nerds ROCK! biggrin.gif They're cool. They have interesting stuff on their minds - heck, they HAVE minds...

This is not being disputed. wink.gif

Archived