Why no love for Roll the Bones????

Holdyourfireal

QUOTE (Maddy @ Aug 14 2006, 06:46 PM)
I can honestly say I don't hate any of their albums - some I like better than others, but they all have something worth listening to.

I totally agree with you on that...I dont hate any of the albums..I just like some more then others..but I thought Roll The Bones was amazazing!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like the RTB album. It seemed like it was commercially successful. The funny thing is many friends I know actually love the song "Roll the Bones" when they first here it. I think it's what strikes you at the time. Many of them have never heard rush before.

Personally I like RTB as an album and as a song.

The song is funky and has a rap in it which I guess doesn't wash too well with some peeps confused13.gif

QUOTE (Huck @ Aug 15 2006, 08:00 AM)

The song is funky and has a rap in it which I guess doesn't wash too well with some peeps confused13.gif

True, the rap portion of the song is cool. Thats one of the reasons my friends like it. I guess to each their own. But thats why 2.gif is great.. They experiment and give you a shmorgasborg of new cool sounds and rhythm without dramatically altering their rock core.

QUOTE (Netboy @ Aug 15 2006, 01:13 PM)
QUOTE (Huck @ Aug 15 2006, 08:00 AM)

True, the rap portion of the song is cool. Thats one of the reasons my friends like it. I guess to each their own. But thats why 2.gif is great.. They experiment and give you a shmorgasborg of new cool sounds and rhythm without dramatically altering their rock core.

goodpost.gif

I especially like the word "shmorgasborg" laugh.gif

QUOTE (cla2112 @ Aug 14 2006, 06:03 PM)
Ok, everyone, ya'll are getting out of hand. Remember, these are OPINIONS, no need to result to name calling and the like. Why are we here? Because we all share something special, Rush. wtf.gif

Did you post this in the wrong thread? All of the posts over the last day or so have been fine.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Aug 15 2006, 04:18 PM)
QUOTE (cla2112 @ Aug 14 2006, 06:03 PM)
Ok, everyone, ya'll are getting out of hand. Remember, these are OPINIONS, no need to result to name calling and the like. Why are we here? Because we all share something special, Rush.  wtf.gif

Did you post this in the wrong thread? All of the posts over the last day or so have been fine.

I like RTB. Pedro once told me that Neurotica was his favorite song on that album.

z7shysterical.gif

The "rap" section doesn't bother me much, but it would've been better if they'd stayed with their original idea, and had John Cleese do it! But please kill the song from the setlist; I don't need to hear the song or see that "rapping skeleton" video again.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 15 2006, 04:33 PM)
The "rap" section doesn't bother me much, but it would've been better if they'd stayed with their original idea, and had John Cleese do it! But please kill the song from the setlist; I don't need to hear the song or see that "rapping skeleton" video again.

I like the tune and the album, but I'd drop it because I think they need a setlist shake-up and with all the material they have to draw upon that shouldn't be too hard...

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 15 2006, 04:33 PM)

Who is John Cleese?

From what I gathered at sites like Powerwindows, he was someone like richard cheese (comidian) who would have made a mockery of rap. That would have looked to me the band going agiasnt what already seemed likie a trial of tolerence and openiess, thatthey showed iwth their art.

I also have my opinions of certain tracks on certain albums most of them good. However, I also keep in mind that they have changed with times and moved forward with their musical desire and intentions to try to top themselves every show and every album. In that respect, I respect their musicianship and whatever they do.

Be free to have opinions!

YAY OPINIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Grace2Grace @ Aug 15 2006, 09:13 PM)
From what I gathered at sites like Powerwindows, he was someone like richard cheese (comidian) who would have made a mockery of rap. That would have looked to me the band going agiasnt what already seemed likie a trial of tolerence and openiess, thatthey showed iwth their art.

I was being overly sarcastic G2G. ANd showing my age. John Cleese is featured in both my avatar and my sig. He's a brit comedian/writer who was one of the famed "Monty Python" troop, and also many things since. If you have a chance, take a look at some of that stuff its pretty funny.

I just noticed you were born when I was finishing college. So Im going to weep by myself in the corner... laugh.gif

Archived