I need some advice...

subdivision40

With a probable 2.gif tour coming up next year, I need some advice from you guys on getting great seats for their shows. And after reading some of your posts, it seems that alot of you have had great experiences being up front. How do you guys go about it? Scalpers? Ticket agents? Connections? The good old fashioned way with alot of luck?

I'm going to do my best to see multiple shows next tour and I'm determined to be up front for at least one of their shows. I've never had great seats at a concert before so I need to figure out what my game plan is going to be. I'm so excited, I can't wait. 1022.gif

Please, guys! Share the knowledge! Thanks.

trink39.gif 2.gif

Go by yourself. Seriously. The best way to get the tix up close is to purchase singles only. If you try to buy even 2 together, you'll be at the back of the pavillion within 5 minutes of tix going on sale. Last tour I went to opening night (10th row) & the show in Indy the next week (6th row) using that method.

I'm going to see Sammy Hagar next month & got 5th row but since the seat I got is at the end of the row next to the stage, it's just like front row!

But if you have to be seated with someone, scalpers & their prices will be the way to go.

QUOTE (tst4eko @ Jun 11 2006, 06:36 PM)
Go by yourself. Seriously. The best way to get the tix up close is to purchase singles only. If you try to buy even 2 together, you'll be at the back of the pavillion within 5 minutes of tix going on sale. Last tour I went to opening night (10th row) & the show in Indy the next week (6th row) using that method.

I'm going to see Sammy Hagar next month & got 5th row but since the seat I got is at the end of the row next to the stage, it's just like front row!

But if you have to be seated with someone, scalpers & their prices will be the way to go.

Thanks for sharing. I'll definately look into that. Actually, that would be fine with me. My husband has no interest being up front and I have a goal to get up front. I told him we could just get seperate tickets that way I'm not stuck in the back and he's not forced up front. Two happy campers. biggrin.gif

Do you buy online or go to the box office? I know, alot of questions, but I'm determined. Thanks!

I was up front 3 times and second row and those tickets were all bought on-line at the time of tickets going onsale for the R-30 tour.

Scalpers (or as they are now known Ticket Brokers) are VERY pricey!!

I can see the advantage to the single seat thing though!!!

I did however, upgrade my seats at one venue by waiting at the ticket window till about 1 hour before show time and they released a block and I got 5th row, Alex's side.

QUOTE (Rushgirl @ Jun 11 2006, 08:45 PM)
I was up front 3 times and second row and those tickets were all bought on-line at the time of tickets going onsale for the R-30 tour.

I did however, upgrade my seats at one venue by waiting at the ticket window till about 1 hour before show time and they released a block and I got 5th row, Alex's side.

How does the upgrading thing work? I've never heard of that. And the box office holding back tickets. Do they do that for every show? I know I sound stupid, you'd think I'd never been to a concert before. I've always just settled for what we got.

Actually, I've been to a fair amount in my youth, it's just that my hubby has never been interested in getting up front. As long as he's there, he's happy. Me, at least once in my life, I want to SEE the sweat, SEE the fingers fly, see the amazing talent up close so it doesn't seem like a dream. So please bear with all of my seamingly stupid questions. I feel like a kid on the first day of school. biggrin.gif

Hey Subdivision40 I certainly hear you LOUD AND CLEAR. I have posted similar questions to this before as I am definitely going to see 2.gif for the first and probably LAST time on their upcoming tour but I, like you , are worried about getting amazing seats. Coming all the way from Australia I HAVE TO GET TOP NOTCH seats so I am watching your thread with interest. I don't know where I will see them yet as it depends on where they tour but I have to see them live this time. I might need the help of fellow TRFers but I will know when the eventual tour is annouced at least where I am going to se them. Twice would be even more fantastic. 2.gif goodpost.gif

I, too, would love to be able to get close seats. The closest I ever got at a Rush show was last tour, and that was in the section right behind the soundboard. Somehow my cousin Paul was able to get 2nd row, I think it has something to do with his internet connection at work or something like that.

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jun 12 2006, 12:30 AM)
I, too, would love to be able to get close seats. The closest I ever got at a Rush show was last tour, and that was in the section right behind the soundboard. Somehow my cousin Paul was able to get 2nd row, I think it has something to do with his internet connection at work or something like that.

My friend scored 7th row at the Manchester, NH show! He went on line on a whim & saw they just went on sale.....

I love your enthusiasm LSM but this is really serious laugh.gif biggrin.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (different strings @ Jun 12 2006, 12:34 AM)
I love your enthusiasm LSM but this is really serious laugh.gif biggrin.gif rofl3.gif

Honestly, it does have something to do with your connection. Or you have to know someone who can get them easily & quickly

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jun 12 2006, 02:35 PM)
I love your enthusiasm LSM but this is really serious laugh.gif  biggrin.gif  rofl3.gif

Honestly, it does have something to do with your connection. Or you have to know someone who can get them easily & quickly

Dont' worry when the tour dates are announced I will be asking all you TRFers for advice and help. 2.gif

QUOTE (different strings @ Jun 12 2006, 07:49 AM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jun 12 2006, 02:35 PM)
I love your enthusiasm LSM but this is really serious laugh.gif  biggrin.gif  rofl3.gif

Dont' worry when the tour dates are announced I will be asking all you TRFers for advice and help. 2.gif

I couldn't wait that long! I'm already thinking about it! biggrin.gif Driving hubby nuts wacko.gif

QUOTE (subdivision40 @ Jun 11 2006, 09:35 PM)

How does the upgrading thing work? I've never heard of that. And the box office holding back tickets. Do they do that for every show? I know I sound stupid, you'd think I'd never been to a concert before. I've always just settled for what we got.

Actually, I've been to a fair amount in my youth, it's just that my hubby has never been interested in getting up front. As long as he's there, he's happy. Me, at least once in my life, I want to SEE the sweat, SEE the fingers fly, see the amazing talent up close so it doesn't seem like a dream. So please bear with all of my seamingly stupid questions. I feel like a kid on the first day of school. biggrin.gif

When I said "upgrade" I should have said - I bought a second pair. I got stuck with the first pair, but I didn't care.

They hold back certain sections of tickets for friends, friends of the management, etc etc.

If these tickets don't get taken, they release them to the public.

You have to be willing to wait though. I stood for 4 hours along with 7 other people outside in 96 degree weather waiting for those 5th rows. About 2 hours before show time, the line-up behind me trying to do the same thing was DEEP!! You have to get to the venue REALLY early.

Or, like someone else said, check online the day of the show.

Good Luck and I'll see ya front row at one of the shows!!! 1022.gif wink.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Rushgirl @ Jun 12 2006, 10:43 AM)
QUOTE (subdivision40 @ Jun 11 2006, 09:35 PM)

When I said "upgrade" I should have said - I bought a second pair. I got stuck with the first pair, but I didn't care.

They hold back certain sections of tickets for friends, friends of the management, etc etc.

If these tickets don't get taken, they release them to the public.

You have to be willing to wait though. I stood for 4 hours along with 7 other people outside in 96 degree weather waiting for those 5th rows. About 2 hours before show time, the line-up behind me trying to do the same thing was DEEP!! You have to get to the venue REALLY early.

Or, like someone else said, check online the day of the show.

Good Luck and I'll see ya front row at one of the shows!!! 1022.gif wink.gif 2.gif

Thanks Rushgirl! I'm gonna try my best. And thanks again for the advice! 2.gif trink39.gif

I saw them from about the 40th row or so at Darien Lake, July 7th 2002. This time around I'm going for front row too, since for the first time I have access to a screaming fast internet connection. I was on dialup last time.

This may seem obvious, but hey, I f*ucked myself once by not logging on with my Ticketmast account prior to the tickets going on sale. Last time I used TM I only had a 3 minute window to close the deal.

Next time I am going to use firefox to open multiple windows and see if that technique works.

QUOTE (tangdog @ Jun 12 2006, 12:50 PM)
This may seem obvious, but hey, I f*ucked myself once by not logging on with my Ticketmast account prior to the tickets going on sale. Last time I used TM I only had a 3 minute window to close the deal.

Next time I am going to use firefox to open multiple windows and see if that technique works.

What's firefox?

Firefox is a internet browser like MS Explorer. Its free and lots of people prefer it to Explorer. One cool feature of Firefox is under the File button you can open a new "tab" and you can jockey between any number of webpages by clicking a tab.

QUOTE (RyanDebonis @ Jun 12 2006, 01:28 PM)
My best advice would be to rob somebody in the parking lot while tailgating. Considering how dofficult it is to get great seats. You are best off just kicking someone's ass and taking their tickets. LOL beathorse.gif

rofl3.gif I just might have to if I don't get what I want! 1022.gif rage.gif z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (tst4eko @ Jun 12 2006, 01:50 PM)
To hear one person's story of how upgrading went VERY WELL, go here & read their story....

Rush Miracle

Wow! Thanks for that. It's nice to know there are really nice people out there and that stuff like that does happen. yes.gif I love reading cool stories like that. Maybe that will be me one day. 653.gif cheer.gif common001.gif

Hey, I know Paul...

...I was at that same party. What a night!!! Very cool show.

I still think that right in front of the sound board is the place to be. The mix is best there. Plus, I avoid scalpers on principle (but I wouldn't turn down a front row seat if I happened to get one legitimately).

Archived