The Red Sox

Der Trommler

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 19 2006, 07:17 PM)
poor Grady Little, it's been 3 years and a World Seires win, and he still can't get away from the rap of bad bullpen moves...that's because he made someof the worst in history.......

am I the only one scared by the fact the starter tonight is a cast off from the Kansas City Royals? let me say that again, the Sox are in such dire need of pitching, they signed a guy that wasn't good enough to play for the abyssmal KC Royals.....oh boyt this could get ugly tonight

How did we get him & why? Why is he pitching again?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jun 19 2006, 10:15 PM)
poor Grady Little, it's been 3 years and a World Seires win, and he still can't get away from the rap of bad bullpen moves...that's because he made someof the worst in history.......

am I the only one scared by the fact the starter tonight is a cast off from the Kansas City Royals?  let me say that again, the Sox are in such dire need of pitching, they signed a guy that wasn't good enough to play for the abyssmal KC Royals.....oh boyt this could get ugly tonight

we claimed him off waivers from the Royals. He's pitching because right now Sox ned fill ins for Clement and Wells....didn't do that bad tonight, 5 innings, 3 runs, but first game since April.....and the Sox won and have 2 games up on NY in the division yes.gif

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 19 2006, 11:38 PM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jun 19 2006, 10:15 PM)

am I the only one scared by the fact the starter tonight is a cast off from the Kansas City Royals?  let me say that again, the Sox are in such dire need of pitching, they signed a guy that wasn't good enough to play for the abyssmal KC Royals.....oh boyt this could get ugly tonight

we claimed him off waivers from the Royals. He's pitching because right now Sox ned fill ins for Clement and Wells....didn't do that bad tonight, 5 innings, 3 runs, but first game since April.....and the Sox won and have 2 games up on NY in the division yes.gif

cheer.gif common001.gif cheer.gif common001.gif cheer.gif common001.gif

angry.gif Missed the game! I wish I could've seen it! cheer.gif They won!

That's ok...2 games is still 2 games!

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Jun 21 2006, 04:46 PM)
Wonderful. unsure.gif

Why are all the pitchers getting hurt this year..
I don't remember this last year....

Every year, it's been something new...For some reason the Sox have never been able to keep more than 75% of the crew healthy (percentage may be off)

Oh, for those who are huge Sox fans....You can get an e-mail & a toolbar from Red Sox for free. I just signed up today...It gives the info of happenings in ticker style. Plus I get an e-mail with RedSox.Net at the end. I had to sign up!

For non-Sox fans...I believe this is an MLB thing so you can do the same for your own team...

well, Big Papi went yard in grand fashion already (looks like he's heating up finally), 5-1 Boston, and Lester is also looking good

Sox also aquired Jason Johnson from the Indians, along with cash for A Player to be Named Later, who has been traded more times than a beach has sand

QUOTE (Want2bLikeBrutus @ Jun 21 2006, 09:57 PM)
Did Paplebon fall down and break his arm??? Tavarez is closing with only a 7 run lead??? WTF???

well, Paplebon needs a night off every now and again, I mean he's almost Superman, but not quite....besides which, with the way the bats were going, even if Tavarez totally blew it they would have come back.....

but it didn't matter, they killed the Nats, that's 6 straight....

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 21 2006, 10:06 PM)
QUOTE (Want2bLikeBrutus @ Jun 21 2006, 09:57 PM)
Did Paplebon fall down and break his arm??? Tavarez is closing with only a 7 run lead??? WTF???

well, Paplebon needs a night off every now and again, I mean he's almost Superman, but not quite....besides which, with the way the bats were going, even if Tavarez totally blew it they would have come back.....

but it didn't matter, they killed the Nats, that's 6 straight....

rofl3.gif Nice they won! Way to go! cheer.gif cheer.gif

QUOTE (Planet X-1 @ Jun 22 2006, 06:25 AM)
QUOTE (daveyt @ Jun 20 2006, 09:40 AM)
QUOTE (Planet X-1 @ Jun 20 2006, 06:35 AM)
float like a butterfly and called strike three

eh.gif

Ok corny ! But I couldn`t make 'meatball' work....

tongue.gif

No one knows where that damn pitch is going to go!!!

QUOTE (Planet X-1 @ Jun 22 2006, 06:24 AM)
Lester is looking like the real deal. So what if he has only 3 starts ? Go mon !

biggrin.gif

yeah he's got a flithy curve, a great fastball, and a split/cutter that is just plane nasty....

he and Paplebon are going to be all stars for a while

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 22 2006, 07:51 PM)
QUOTE (Planet X-1 @ Jun 22 2006, 06:24 AM)
Lester is looking like the real deal.  So what if he has only 3 starts ? Go mon !

biggrin.gif

yeah he's got a flithy curve, a great fastball, and a split/cutter that is just plane nasty....

he and Paplebon are going to be all stars for a while

As long as the media keeps their meathooks off!

Sox are up 6-0! It's the second inning! Nice!!! cheer.gif cheer.gif