"World Trade Center" Trailer

Test4VitalSigns

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/wtc/

Here is the trailer for the upcoming Oliver Stone movie "World Trade Center" with Nicolas Cage.....Stone is usually mired in controversy with his flicks but I've read from many accounts that this is just a straighforward story about the heroism and tragedy that occurred that terrible day....

It took 60 years to make a movie about Pearl Harbor, but only 5 to make one about 9/11?

I find it kind of disturbing that 4 years ago, they pulled a Simpsons episode out of syndication because it had TWC in it, and now they're making a Hollywood motion picture out of it. I suppose this was inevitable though.

Actually the first major movie about Pearl Harbor was Tora! Tora! Tora! in 1970 but I get your point....For a lot of people it is way too soon for others it is time....they were making World War 2 movies DURING the war...When a movie is made 10 years from now there will be some folks who will say it is soon...Nowadays it's just the way it is eh.gif

Me personally it doesn't bother me too much...I always say it is important to keep the story fresh so that we can never forget and hopefully get as much of an accurate account as possible....The same with United 93 (which I haven't seen yet)

All I want is an honest and moving portayal of that day without the stupid conspiracies and the bullshit politics...As far as I'm concerned it is never too soon to honor the heroics

Having seen the trailer, this does not look like a typical Olliver Stone movie. It really seems to be about relationships and struggle. Certainly isn't being sold as a JFK redux. We'll see. To see Nicholas Cage in it gives me hope, that a real NY guy from a real NY family is in it.

Horrible Americans. They make money out of their countrymen's tragedy.

Can you imagine how much money that is spent on producing nothing but crap?

and all those talents that are spent because no one dares to put money into serious musicians?

Poor world, we will all die young.

that gave me goose bumps...

The film looks tasefully done.

A quick search at IMDB reveals many films referencing 9-11, the earliest ones dating to 2002. A full feature film was bound to be attempted.

My main concern is the use of "a true story" in the promotional material. Even the best efforts to maintain accuracy can fall short in a feature film, with minor inaccuracies and other problems.

For this reason I would prefer that the main characters be fictionalized, as well as for preventing any two persons to be singled out for heroic portrayals among the many who died that day.

I imagine the actual movie will get the same audience reaction as the Flight 93 movie, some people will find it too much, and say it's too soon.

But you could make the film 10 years from now, and some people would still say it's too soon.

Not being American, but watching the whole thing happen live on TV, with , frankily, a sense of stunned disbelief, I'll be interested to see this film.

As I watched it all happen on TV, quite honestly, it felt like I was watching a movie.

QUOTE (ABZ Highlander @ May 23 2006, 07:50 AM)
I imagine the actual movie will get the same audience reaction as the Flight 93 movie, some people will find it too much, and say it's too soon.

But you could make the film 10 years from now, and some people would still say it's too soon.

Not being American, but watching the whole thing happen live on TV, with , frankily, a sense of stunned disbelief, I'll be interested to see this film.

As I watched it all happen on TV, quite honestly, it felt like I was watching a movie.

Livin here in Ny..It seemed like a Movie as i watched it on tv

as it was happening also..Its still so hard to believe that it REALLY happened

I duno if id wanna see this flick or not, I do know if i do go see it..dont even bother puttin on makeup..cuz ill be bawlin my eyes out 4sure..

Even goin into the City is still strange not seein the Twin Towers in the skyline while drivin into it sad.gif

I went to see United 93 today...

Wow what a powerful film....I swear I was hyper-ventilating a few times during the movie...it was that intense...I left the theatre with a heavy heart and a few tears in my eyes..not too many movies do that to me...

I didn't sense any exploitation at all...just a straight telling of what possibly transpire on that plane on that terrible day....The fact that there weren't any major actors made it so real....Several people who were working in the air traffic control that day portrayed themselves in this movie...I think that will be probably the most noticeable thing with Oliver's pic...there are some major actors in that one especially Cage

Anyways a powerful emotional film for sure...hit me right in the soul....it remains to be seen if Oliver's flick can do the same...

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ May 23 2006, 09:08 PM)
I went to see United 93 today...

Wow what a powerful film....I swear I was hyper-ventilating a few times during the movie...it was that intense...I left the theatre with a heavy heart and a few tears in my eyes..not too many movies do that to me...

I didn't sense any exploitation at all...just a straight telling of what possibly transpire on that plane on that terrible day....The fact that there weren't any major actors made it so real....Several people who were working in the air traffic control that day portrayed themselves in this movie...I think that will be probably the most noticeable thing with Oliver's pic...there are some major actors in that one especially Cage

Anyways a powerful emotional film for sure...hit me right in the soul....it remains to be seen if Oliver's flick can do the same...

Totally agree about United 93.

A friend and I went to go see it...and yea it was veeeery powerful. We both had alittle tear in our eyes. It was an amazing movie.