B Movies

Dweezil

I did a search for B Movies, but found nothing?

If this in fact falls under another thread, can you please move it Jack?

Thanks smile.gif

Anyhow. I was watching Snowbeast http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076731/

and laughing my ass off, when I wondered who else likes cheesy B Movies like this one?

One of my fav genres (?) are the Kungfu movies that are dubbed. I can watch them for hours. laugh.gif

I mean Master of the Flying Guillotine rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

What WAS good, are the Charlie Chan films.

http://moderntimes.com/palace/b/bposter/bposter_chan.jpg

So, what's your fav B Movies?

I saw a really cheesy Sci-Fi flick on TV once - Killings at Outpost Zeta. It was so bad, it was fun.

See details here.

The plot was almost identical to Alien, but with a fraction of the budget and none of the great special effects. A spaceship of travelers lands at Outpost Zeta to investigate the disappearance of two earlier expeditions, and one-by-one they're picked off by an alien creature.

The film featured Jackson Bostwick, who was the original Captain Marvel on the 70s Saturday morning show Shazam!

Damn Those sheep,Lost nuther 10 mins with them,

Forgot what i was gonna type nowe wacko.gif

The 'Evil Dead' trilogy, 'The Adventures Of Buckaroo Banzai: Across The Eighth Dimension', 'Escape From New York', and 'Big Trouble In Little China'.

"kiss meets the phantom of the park" is as bad as it gets.

and jack ! what the f*K escape from new york is" A "baby ! trink36.gif yes.gif

Edited by tick

QUOTE (tick @ May 21 2006, 02:59 PM)
"kiss meets the phantom of the park" is as bad as it gets.
and jack ! what the f*K escape from new york is" A "baby ! trink36.gif yes.gif

rofl3.gif I stand corrected. yes.gif

Any Roger Corman flick!

By extension, any movie staring Doug McClure, B-movie actor extrohd'naire cool.gif

Piranha & Humanoids from the Deep are two particularly good popcorn crunchers - pure Wisconsin cheddar...

Edited by LonelyHiker

Riki-Oh: The Story of Riki, Ninja Wars, and Drunken Wu Tang are some of the most hilariously ridiculous kung fu movies ever made.

I could name hundreds of other kung fu and horror movies though, there's too many.

One of the best mainstream B movies ever is John Carpenter's "They Live". Roddy Piper has a fight scene that goes on for so long it makes me cry. rofl3.gif

QUOTE (LonelyHiker @ May 30 2006, 10:36 AM)
By extension, any movie staring Doug McClure, B-movie actor extrohd'naire cool.gif

In all honesty, i wouldn't class Doug McClure as a B-Movie actor...

more ZZZZ-movie biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ May 30 2006, 08:47 AM)
Riki-Oh: The Story of Riki, Ninja Wars, and Drunken Wu Tang are some of the most hilariously ridiculous kung fu movies ever made.

I could name hundreds of other kung fu and horror movies though, there's too many.

One of the best mainstream B movies ever is John Carpenter's "They Live". Roddy Piper has a fight scene that goes on for so long it makes me cry. rofl3.gif

You mean the fight with Keith David? Yeah, that was over the top. Way over the top. If you watch that scene closely, you can see the outlines of the knee pads that Piper is wearing under his pants.

Put the glasses on!

The old "Quatermass" flicks. Especially the first two with the great Brian Donlevy as the "I take sh@t from no one" doctor...

Anything with Peter Cushing in it.

Closer in time: Mystery Men and Galaxy Quest.

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ May 30 2006, 08:24 AM)
QUOTE (LonelyHiker @ May 30 2006, 10:36 AM)
By extension, any movie staring Doug McClure, B-movie actor extrohd'naire  cool.gif

In all honesty, i wouldn't class Doug McClure as a B-Movie actor...

more ZZZZ-movie biggrin.gif

We'll just have to agree to disagree then, eh wink.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 30 2006, 01:31 PM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ May 30 2006, 08:47 AM)

You mean the fight with Keith David? Yeah, that was over the top. Way over the top. If you watch that scene closely, you can see the outlines of the knee pads that Piper is wearing under his pants.

Put the glasses on!

Classic laugh.gif