Editing Posts

Nunavuter

QUOTE (Nunavuter @ May 13 2006, 09:41 PM)
I only have REPORT, QUOTE, PM and EMAIL buttons.

No edit button

View this help topic

Editing Posts

Above any posts that you have made, you may see an 'Edit' button. Pressing this will allow you to edit the post that you had previously made. 

When editing you may see an option to 'Add the 'Edit by' line in this post?'. If you tick this then it will show up in the posts that it has been edited and the time at which it was edited. If this option does not appear, then the edit by line will always be added to the post. 

If you are unable to see the edit button displayed on each post that you have made, then the administrator may have prevented you from editing posts, or the time limit for editing may have expired.

On edit:

Today regarding this particular post, I can edit obviously but, at other times, when I post, the time limit for editing posts expires and I can't edit. I thought at one point in time the edit feature was set for 10 about minutes after being posted. That's why I posted this particular help topic. confused13.gif

QUOTE (Nunavuter @ May 14 2006, 01:53 AM)
Funny how the "edit" button now appears

I think this function was left off when i got approval to post in this forum.

Such things happen.

No, we don't make the Edit button appear or disappear. We don't all of a sudden give you that button when we grant you access to this forum. Every single member should have the ability to edit their posts boardwide. Next time you see something funky like a missing button or a white space, take a screen shot and let me see it.

QUOTE (Nunavuter @ May 14 2006, 07:45 AM)
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j29/Nunavuter/Noedit.jpg

Dammit. I have derailed a serious thread.

I NEVER do this.

No problem, Nuter. I split these posts off the Sudan thread.

Just to be sure, does anyone else see what Nuter is seeing? Does everyone else have an Edit button?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 14 2006, 10:21 AM)
QUOTE (Nunavuter @ May 14 2006, 07:45 AM)
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j29/Nunavuter/Noedit.jpg

Dammit. I have derailed a serious thread.

I NEVER do this.

No problem, Nuter. I split these posts off the Sudan thread.

Just to be sure, does anyone else see what Nuter is seeing? Does everyone else have an Edit button?

It has happened to me before, also.

Sometimes, rarely, the edit button will simply not be there.

I just chalked it up in the past to a temporary quirk in the forum.

The edit button has stayed in place for the last few posts,

However, the pages are still displaying with white space on the right. The width of this space seems to vary from post to post.

I've never seen anything like this prior to the last 24 hours.

Yes. The odd thing is that the white space is inside the pale pink "box" that goes around every post.

It isn't like the page doesn't go right to the edge, but rather the salmon-coloured field just fails to fill the "box"

I'll post a screenshot

QUOTE (Nunavuter @ May 14 2006, 10:08 PM)
Yes. The odd thing is that the white space is inside the pale pink "box" that goes around every post.

It isn't like the page doesn't go right to the edge, but rather the salmon-coloured field just fails to fill the "box"

I'll post a screenshot

Interesting! I have used IE6 at work, home, elsewhere, I've never gotten that to happen...

Does this happen in all threads you view? (not just Politics area)

http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j29/Nunavuter/th_screenshot2.jpg

In this one, the arrow points to a whitespace inside the border of a post.

I include the top of my post, and the bottom of the one above it to show what I mean. The white space is inside the border that goes around every post.

Archived