Guy problem

Lerxstforever

Wasn't sure if to put this in the "Men can't live with them...." topic, but I just decided to put it in its own. Some of my high school drama:

OK, I've been friends with this guy for about 1 year, maybe a little more than that, and pretty much since the beginning there's been something between us. He pretty much treated me like his girlfriend, besides from the physical aspect of a relationship since we weren't actually going out. He treated me differently than any of his other friends, girls included. We went to two dances together, slow-danced together and all. Everyone at school thought we were going out, friends of ours and complete strangers. I told him that I liked him about 3 weeks ago, and he told me that he didn't like me like me like that. I was throughouly confused, and so was my best friend (who's house I went to afterwards and cried and burned things to help myself through this). Now, back at school, things are really weird between us. I think he might have spoken 3 sentences to me that first day afterwards. Now, being 3 weeks later, things are more normal, we have conversations, back to friends, but definatly not the same, no where near the same as it was before. Because of this, people are now asking if me and him had broken up. I just don't understand what happend. He acted like he liked me, and it wasn't just me thinking this, everyone basically thought this, based on what he did and how he treated me. I'm mainly just mad at him now because there may be a possiblity that he was stringing me along for his own sick amusment. I found out a couple of days ago that he flirts with these girls that have huge crushes on him just because its funny that they worship him. I, on the other hand, do not worship him. That is pathetic in my opinion. I actually like (maybe liked at this point, not sure) him for who he is, not just his looks like the other girls do. I'm just really, really confused about this whole situation. I want to stay friends with him without things being awkward, ideally I would like to be dating him, but I don't think thats happening. ERRRRR. confused13.gif sad.gif

That's a toughie! You told him how you feel. Kudos to you for your honesty! You have to go out on a limb sometimes, that's where all the best fruit is!

You sound like a wonderful, loyal friend and someday a guy will fall head over heals for you. He just isn't the right guy. You can't wish him into loving you, and you can't force him into loving you, and you can't guilt him into loving you. He has to discover how he feels all on his own.

My suggestion, don't spend so much time with him. Treat him more casually, like any other friend. Any potential guys may be thinking you're not available because you seem to be attached to him. You may find that someone else is just as much fun, and will return your affection.

Keep us posted!

This same thing happened to me in high school. A guy I was attracted to, and who I actually went on a few dates with, ended up telling me he didn't like me like that. It was tough, and really had me down for awhile sad.gif

But you seem to be a smart, level-headed girl, and probably much smarter than this guy!! biggrin.gif Hey, you're a Rush fan afterall!! How cool is that??!! Sounds like you deserve much better than what this guy seems to offer, best of luck to ya!!! trink39.gif

If this guy was your friend and really thought of you as one, he'd put you before his own self ambitions... But hey! guys are guys!..

Get over him and move on, time can be your friend or your enemy!

Make it your Friend and you'll be a lot Happier smile.gif

Sound advice from a Slacker wink.gif

QUOTE (slacker @ Apr 11 2006, 01:25 AM)
If this guy was your friend and really thought of you as one, he'd put you before his own self ambitions... But hey! guys are guys!..

Listen to the Words of Wisdom From Da Slacksta

smart guy yes.gif

I was thinkin maybe he was gay unsure.gif

thats why he just wants to be buds with ya confused13.gif

Good advise here already Lf!

Just don't keep wondering on 'why' he acted and is still acting the way he is. Don't let it consume you!

I know it's very hard on you right now and painful. But, it will get better!

You have so much to discover. You're young and strong.

Put yourself first. Think of YOU! What you need. What you want to achive.

When you least expect it something/someone will find you! smile.gif

rose.gif Take care smile.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Apr 11 2006, 04:07 AM)
QUOTE (slacker @ Apr 11 2006, 01:25 AM)

Listen to the Words of Wisdom From Da Slacksta

smart guy yes.gif

I was thinkin maybe he was gay unsure.gif

thats why he just wants to be buds with ya confused13.gif

wink.gif I was wondering the same thing. laugh.gif What guy ever just wants to be friends?!? confused13.gif

Well, I think I'm mainly over this. There is still a small part of me that is not over him, but that part is getting smaller and smaller. Also, yesterday, someone else asked me out that I kinda like, enough to want to go out with, so I said yes. I'm thinking that if anything comes out of whatever this turns out to be, it will be helping myself get over my guy friend. Although monday things were pretty much back to normal in our friendship but after he found out I was going out with someone else today it digressed a little bit. I think this is fine with me though, maybe he can feel some of the pain I had to go through. It won't be the same, but it'll be something, enough to make me feel better. (which sounds mean when I go back and think about it, but hey, I think I'm entitled to that little bit of enjoyment). So, I'm pretty sure our friendship will eventually be back to normal, we do play in the same band afterall, and we share the same music interests (I got him listening to Rush) so we should be fine in the end, with the added bonus of me being completly over him.

Also of note: one of my friends was talking to him asking what was going on with him since everyone was noticing he was acting weird and he kept emphasizing that he wasn't gay and for her to tell me that, which is hilarious because I didn't actually think he was gay, but I don't know why he would care so much to repeat that he wasn't gay many, many times........hehehehe

QUOTE (Lerxstforever @ Apr 12 2006, 04:53 PM)
Well, I think I'm mainly over this.  There is still a small part of me that is not over him, but that part is getting smaller and smaller.  Also, yesterday, someone else asked me out that I kinda like, enough to want to go out with, so I said yes.  I'm thinking that if anything comes out of whatever this turns out to be, it will be helping myself get over my guy friend.  Although monday things were pretty much back to normal in our friendship but after he found out I was going out with someone else today it digressed a little bit.  I think this is fine with me though, maybe he can feel some of the pain I had to go through.  It won't be the same, but it'll be something, enough to make me feel better.  (which sounds mean when I go back and think about it, but hey, I think I'm entitled to that little bit of enjoyment).  So, I'm pretty sure our friendship will eventually be back to normal, we do play in the same band afterall, and we share the same music interests (I got him listening to Rush) so we should be fine in the end, with the added bonus of me being completly over him. 

Also of note:  one of my friends was talking to him asking what was going on with him since everyone was noticing he was acting weird and he kept emphasizing that he wasn't gay and for her to tell me that, which is hilarious because I didn't actually think he was gay, but I don't know why he would care so much to repeat that he wasn't gay many, many times........hehehehe

The amazing part is that you got him interesting in Rush! 653.gif Where were this girls when I was in high school?

Pat yourself on the back Lerxstforever! Ignore him and move on, I bet he will come back eventually! Then tell him too bad he had his chance! doh.gif

Archived