Capote

rushgoober

Just saw this as a renter. It's a great, fascinating movie and very understated, but that fit the story perfectly. I had always heard OF Truman Capote, but never really knew who he was. Philip Seymour Hoffman is a really tremedous actor, and his Oscar was well-deserved.

SPOILERS:

I like that the movie focused on only one part of his life as opposed to a big overblown biopic on him. It gave enough to give a picture of the man, while still making it an interesting story. I also like that the movie didn't have him being gay as a focus. It's in the story, but that wasn't what his life was about, so they were wise to not give it a bigger focus than it deserved.

It was fascinating to see person so desperate for the perfect story, trying everything to manipulate his way into getting it. He is such a likeable person too. And you think he is genuine(and he may be at times) but in the end it's for his success. Breathtaking performance by PSH.

*Not for those with short attention spands.*

this was a great movie...about a great writer....

also about one of the best books i have ever read in my life!

i read this book back in 10th grade, during summer school and i have to tell you, it was a huge book to undertake... (kinda like atlas shrugs size).....

it took me a week to read it...

i haven't touched the book since, but i saw the original movie"In Cold Blood" not too long after i read the book.... Robert Blake played "Perry"......great movie also...

this movie made me want to read that book again....

think i'll go to the library today and pick it up!!

Watched this via netflix last night with my wife. Hoffman was simply spooky in his spot-on portrayal of this odd little man.

Loved the ambiguity of this film; you sympathize with everyone and no one. A tragic example of an artist so consumed by his creation, it becomes his undoing. Just an amazing film.

I'm curious to know how much sales of Breakfast at Tiffany's and In Cold Blood have spiked in the last year or so.

I just watched this movie two nights ago and thought it was awesome. PSH is definitely an amazing actor. I agree with sig on the point that he did act genuine, but it was all for success in the end. I do believe however, at the very end of the movie, Copte truly felt remorse for using perry the way he did. It seemed like all his guilt came crashing down on him at the end.

A great movie though. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif