MLB 2006 Season

anagramking

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (FRANK THE TANK @ Jun 23 2006, 01:29 AM)
LETS GO YANKEES!

Ok, well....Here we go Red Sox!!! Now that we've got that out of the way.

Tonight, it's the Sox against the Phillies, I haven't seen the Phillies in action. Anyone know the M.O. on them?

Ok...here's one thing already: Phillies pitcher charged with hitting his wife. He is supposed to pitch against the Sox on Saturday. Is the Philly's as bad as the 2 games under .500 shows?

http://my.redsox.v.mlb.com/newsarticle.asp...rticleId=711299

the white sox are having quite an impressive 7 game winning streak. theyve scored 70 and allowed 24 runs. add a 6-0 win tonight(if neither team scores another run) ....thats impressive!!!

QUOTE (Raider917 @ Jun 23 2006, 10:05 PM)
the white sox are having quite an impressive 7 game winning streak. theyve scored 70 and allowed 24 runs. add a 6-0 win tonight(if neither team scores another run) ....thats impressive!!!

They are the reigning champion...

Yanks won....Jays lost (sorry Test)...Red Sox are still playing. May win this game.... cheer.gif

QUOTE (Raider917 @ Jun 25 2006, 11:06 PM)
iguchi gets to 7 rbis tonight. too bad i dont have him fists crying.gif

That's really damn good for one game!!! cool.gif

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jun 25 2006, 10:07 PM)
iguchi gets to 7 rbis tonight. too bad i dont have him  fists crying.gif

That's really damn good for one game!!! cool.gif

and he still has a chance for more

iguchi gets to 7 rbis tonight. too bad i dont have him fists crying.gif

wtf.gif why can't the Astros beat the White Sox?? why, tell me, please, for the love of god...... they just blew a 4 run lead in the 9th, on a grandslam...in to extras it goes.......

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 26 2006, 12:39 AM)
thank god, Astros beat the White Sox.....

Good.... new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

anyone else see the highlights of the manager for the class A affiliate of the Rockies go completely nuts? possibly the greatest post-ejection act from a manger ever....threw a base, threw a rossin bag, bats, even cleaned off home plate with a water bottle.....

they need to get this guy in the Majors, for no other reason than entertainment. I'm thinking Kansas City, fans would go to games if they knew there was a possibilty of it happening every night, right??

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 11 2006, 04:02 PM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jun 11 2006, 04:01 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 11 2006, 03:58 PM)
How about the guy Ichiro is 2nd to in hitting?  Twins' catcher Joe Mauer...at the moment he is hitting .388 (2 for 2 so far today)...I looked it up and no catcher has ever won a batting title in the AL and NL had one back in '42 (Ernie Lombardi)....It's way too early but it is pretty impressive for a catcher to be leading hitter....

I've been away from basebll too long!! I've never heard of him!

He's only been around a couple of years..I think he is only 23 years old.

Mauer had a great game last night...5 for 5....this after going 4 for 5 on Monday night...now hitting .389...pretty cool stuff for a catcher...

Mauer OWNS the Dodgers...13 for 17 for an average of .765...

Two catchers had great games yesterday. Johjima and Olivo each had two home runs and 5 RBIs in yesterday's games. And they both have the Mariners in common.

Speaking of the Mariners, they may be one of the hottest teams in baseball right now, behind the Tigers and the Red Sox. After being ten games below .500 the end of May (22 - 32), they are now at .500 (39 - 39). Talk about clawing your way back. Now they just gotta figure out how to deal with Texas (2 - 4 against) and Oakland (1 - 9 against, including 0 - 6 in Oakland), who both seem to be saying 'we own joo, bitch.'

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 28 2006, 11:35 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 11 2006, 04:02 PM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jun 11 2006, 04:01 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 11 2006, 03:58 PM)
How about the guy Ichiro is 2nd to in hitting?  Twins' catcher Joe Mauer...at the moment he is hitting .388 (2 for 2 so far today)...I looked it up and no catcher has ever won a batting title in the AL and NL had one back in '42 (Ernie Lombardi)....It's way too early but it is pretty impressive for a catcher to be leading hitter....

I've been away from basebll too long!! I've never heard of him!

He's only been around a couple of years..I think he is only 23 years old.

Mauer had a great game last night...5 for 5....this after going 4 for 5 on Monday night...now hitting .389...pretty cool stuff for a catcher...

Mauer OWNS the Dodgers...13 for 17 for an average of .765...

Mauer goes 2 for 3 as a DH today...now hitting .392...now 15 for 20 against Dodgers in his career so far (.750)

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 28 2006, 09:54 PM)
if this is what Mauer is doing just a couple seasons in, should be interesting to see what he does in his prime......as long as this isn't a one year spike......

You know that the Twins passed up Prior to draft Mauer because they knew they wouldn't be able to afford to pay him, right?

Archived