The Cycling Thread!

D-13

QUOTE (alphseeker @ May 15 2011, 09:35 PM)
Damn 1st stage of the Tour of California Cancelled due to weather - FRICKIN PANSY AMERICANS - Like to see them cancel the Paris - Roubaix due to weather - FRICKIN Joke - There goes their ranking of worlds third best tour - wtf.gif
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/bauhaus92/snow.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/bauhaus92/roubaix.jpg

I'm not sure who cancelled it but I can assure you that I was not consulted.

Probably related to recent tragedy. Worried about taking chances....

After a disappointing cancellation of stage 1 stage two was a great sprint finish - Young Ben Swift took the stage and leaders jersey -

Nice to see so many young riders up and coming - getting tired of the same old names -

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 17 2011, 10:00 AM)
Banged out a quick 20 miles this morning in 63 minutes.

rub it in - angry.gif Start spinal decompression therapy today - hope it works - i'm really getting depressed watching all these tours and not being able to ride

By the way yesterday's stage the riders did 61 miles in 2:47:02 laugh.gif

Edited by alphseeker

QUOTE (alphseeker @ May 17 2011, 11:11 AM)

rub it in - angry.gif Start spinal decompression therapy today - hope it works - i'm really getting depressed watching all these tours and not being able to ride

Sorry to rub it in. Get well quickly. that means the tour averaged approx. 25 mph and I averaged just under 20. i did not have anyone to draft off, the rode was not closed, no support. They really rode slow yesterday since I have no hope of keeping up with them at that distance, plus the climbs....

wink.gif bacon.gif

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 17 2011, 10:18 PM)

Sorry to rub it in. Get well quickly. that means the tour averaged approx. 25 mph and I averaged just under 20. i did not have anyone to draft off, the rode was not closed, no support. They really rode slow yesterday since I have no hope of keeping up with them at that distance, plus the climbs....

wink.gif bacon.gif

excuses, excuses laugh.gif laugh.gif

Speaking of drafting:

Today's Tour of California was pretty interesting it showed how a crosswind can decimate the Peloton - In just a matter of 2 minutes the peloton was split into three with many of the favorites caught behind - If they hadn't turned away from the crosswind Schleck and Hushovd would have been 2 minutes behind at the finish -

QUOTE (alphseeker @ May 17 2011, 11:53 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 17 2011, 10:18 PM)

wink.gif bacon.gif

excuses, excuses laugh.gif laugh.gif

Speaking of drafting:

Today's Tour of California was pretty interesting it showed how a crosswind can decimate the Peloton - In just a matter of 2 minutes the peloton was split into three with many of the favorites caught behind - If they hadn't turned away from the crosswind Schleck and Hushovd would have been 2 minutes behind at the finish -

Yeah, it doesn't take long to realize you are going to get dropped and passed and to not worry about it. Ride your ride. Even the best get dropped. What is really telling is the difference in results from time trials. The gap amongst the pros is pretty amazing on some of the longer routes.

Alebrto Contador still must be eating that tainted meat because he's blowing everyone away in the Giro - Today he topped everyone by 01:30 - He climbs like a frickin gazelle - i don't think schleck will be able to keep up with him in the Tour if AC continues to ride like this -

QUOTE (alphseeker @ May 20 2011, 04:58 PM)
Alebrto Contador still must be eating that tainted meat because he's blowing everyone away in the Giro - Today he topped everyone by 01:30 - He climbs like a frickin gazelle - i don't think schleck will be able to keep up with him in the Tour if AC continues to ride like this -

Contador eats bacon.gif .

That is why he can climb so well.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 20 2011, 05:18 PM)
QUOTE (alphseeker @ May 20 2011, 04:58 PM)
Alebrto Contador still must be eating that tainted meat because he's blowing everyone away in the Giro - Today he topped everyone by 01:30 - He climbs like a frickin gazelle  - i don't think schleck will be able to keep up with him in the Tour if AC continues to ride like this -

Contador eats bacon.gif .

That is why he can climb so well.

I don't see anyone beating him in France - Today Andy Schleck totally sucked in the TT at Slovang - Alberto will easily keep up with Andy in the mountains and totally dominate him in the TT -

Hincapie supposedly testified that Lance and him did EPO together.

FYI

A little info on EPO and tests for it. Like a lot of tests the EPO test did NOT previously detect EPO. It detected hematocrit levels above a certain amount that has been decided to indicate EPO use. Hematocrit naturally occurs in your body so the mere presence is not indicative of guilt. It's similar to BA% (even though it is not naturally occurring). you have to be above .08% in most jurisdictions to be guilty of DUI. This means that smart cheaters can spend money on equipment and medical expertise to test themselves as often as they need to avoid a positive test. How can they do this? A blood transfusion is one possibility. If the levels get too high then blood drawn from a time period when there was no cheating can help lower the overall percentage. Bottom line: don;t get to wrapped up in Lance's "I've never tested positive" replies to this issue. For him to have never cheated means he was WAY better than everyone else since many or most of his rival have tested positive or admitted to doping and Lance smoked them. To believe he did it without help is hard to fathom. Today a test exists to determine if the EPO is synthetic or natural. Here is a link with some more info:

Rice University EPO

Andy Schleck self destructed in today's killer mountain stage in the Tour of Calif. Levi and Chris Horner totally dominated andy who finished 1:30 back and had no answer for the two - He better find his form fast because Contador will blow him away the way he's riding the Giro -

Powerful 60 minutes piece on Lance Armstrong taking EPO and Transfusions during the tour - bottom line is they all did it, some got caught some didn't and sadly i feel it still is happening today - When i watch Contador soar up mountains effortlessly it is superhuman - When i watch 39 year old Chris Horner destroy kids almost half his age on one of the steepest climbs of the TOC it makes you wonder - sad.gif

QUOTE (alphseeker @ May 22 2011, 10:40 PM)
Powerful 60 minutes piece on Lance Armstrong taking EPO and Transfusions during the tour - bottom line is they all did it, some got caught some didn't and sadly i feel it still is happening today - When i watch Contador soar up mountains effortlessly it is superhuman - When i watch 39 year old Chris Horner destroy kids almost half his age on one of the steepest climbs of the TOC it makes you wonder - sad.gif

I saw it and it was excellent. Everyone is a loser in the story, uci, riders, sponsors, teams, and.the sport. Lance will fall the hardest since he is more mainstream. There is also the real chance he will serve prison time for fraud and trafficking.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 22 2011, 10:14 PM)
QUOTE (alphseeker @ May 22 2011, 10:40 PM)
Powerful 60 minutes piece on Lance Armstrong taking EPO and Transfusions during the tour - bottom line is they all did it, some got caught some didn't and sadly i feel it still is happening today - When i watch Contador soar up mountains effortlessly it is superhuman - When i watch 39 year old Chris Horner destroy kids almost half his age on one of the steepest climbs of the TOC it makes you wonder -  sad.gif

I saw it and it was excellent. Everyone is a loser in the story, uci, riders, sponsors, teams, and.the sport. Lance will fall the hardest since he is more mainstream. There is also the real chance he will serve prison time for fraud and trafficking.

Yeah the UCI revelation totally blew me away - now there is no one to trust -

Edited by Mara

Hincapie saw what is happening with Bonds and had to come clean. No point in perjury at this point. I wonder how much longer he will be allowed to race since he is still active and apparently confessed.

On a lighter note I got 32 in 1:50 saturday afternoon (it was way too hot to actually be riding, btw) and I got in a quick 17.5 miles in 55 minutes tonight.