Johnny Depp

2112-Rob-2112

This guy is like my all time fav actor...Ive seen alot of his stuff and in every movie he acts totally different...He can play pretty much anything he wants its amazing. I think his best role is Pirates of The Carribean..but every role ive seen him in is always just great.

I recently just saw Ed Wood...awesome depp performance again

Another mention is Edward Scissorhands..that was a great performance.

I just think hes great..what about you guys?

He's a great character actor. I'm not a fan of the Pirates series (actually, I couldn't stand the first, but here's to hoping the next two are better). He has the ability to make bad movies good. For example, Secret Window. I loved Stephen King's Secret Window Secret Garden, but whoever wrote that script ruined it. But Depp made me like it.

only movie of his i had to turn off..was once upon a time in mexico..it wasnt beacuse of him..i thought he made that movie halfway decent..but if it wasnt for him that movie wouldof been even more horrible then it already was..and when i turn off movies in the middle thats a bad sign..beacuse i usually never do that.

QUOTE (2112-Rob-2112 @ Mar 19 2006, 02:21 PM)
only movie of his i had to turn off..was once upon a time in mexico..it wasnt beacuse of him..i thought he made that movie halfway decent..but if it wasnt for him that movie wouldof been even more horrible then it already was..and when i turn off movies in the middle thats a bad sign..beacuse i usually never do that.

I've only walked out of the theater once before and it was a Depp movie....CRY BABY. It was horrible. I think we didn't even stay for half. Other than that I'm hard pressed to think of any other Depp movie I DIDN'T like. However, I refuse to see Charlie & the Chocolate Factory. I think I'd compare it (& him) too much to Willie Wonka & Gene Wilder.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Mar 19 2006, 02:01 AM)

I've only walked out of the theater once before and it was a Depp movie....CRY BABY. It was horrible. I think we didn't even stay for half. Other than that I'm hard pressed to think of any other Depp movie I DIDN'T like. However, I refuse to see Charlie & the Chocolate Factory. I think I'd compare it (& him) too much to Willie Wonka & Gene Wilder.

yea its not as good as the first..but its still good...if depp can play willy wonka i think he can pretty much play anything.

Just finished watching Secret Window. Depp is great, but the film is a bit of a let-down at the end. I read a few reviews who said they had it all figured out 30 minutes in. I cannot claim that, so the end was a surprise to me.. It's a 7 out of 10 at best. Still, I liked it in a sick sort of way.

QUOTE (2112-Rob-2112 @ Mar 19 2006, 07:32 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Mar 19 2006, 02:01 AM)

yea its not as good as the first..but its still good...if depp can play willy wonka i think he can pretty much play anything.

Personally, I think that the new version far outstrips the original.

The original was so sugary that I can almost feel my teeth rotting as I'm watching (and the less said about 'Cheer Up Charlie' and 'The Candyman Can' the better).

Tim Burton, on the other hand, brought a slightly twisted edge which I think even Roald Dahl would have approved of (and he despised the original).

Haha. I love Cry Baby. What a great film. I must get it on DVD. If we see it coming on TV we all stay up and watch it.

QUOTE (plodder @ Mar 19 2006, 10:25 PM)
Haha. I love Cry Baby. What a great film. I must get it on DVD. If we see it coming on TV we all stay up and watch it.

i'm not into john waters. i didnt know anything about/from him going into that film. we only went to see it because we thought iggy pop might be out of control. at that time i didn't really care about johnny depp. he hadn't really done much other than jump street and nitemare on elm street when that flick came out

It's so cheesy. A great fun film.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Mar 19 2006, 12:19 AM)
yeah, i really like much of his stuff. my favorite of his is FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS. thought it was a good representation of the book too

That's in my top 20, I believe. Truly an amazing film. His acting was definitely influenced by how close he was to Hunter S. Thompson. He's going to be in another Thompson movie early next year, "The Rum Diary". Hopefully will be good, even though someone with not much experience is directing.

QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Mar 24 2006, 01:25 PM)
Here is a good Johnny Depp movie...

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/ar2112/blow4.jpg

BLOW cool.gif

yes.gif