Official Olympics Thread

launchpad67a

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now all i'm thinking is....*Jerome Iginla and Robyn will be coming home on the weekend and so will Leopold*

We will see the sun rise again...and lets just forget about this game and start talking about Flames Hockey( I will don't know about you guys lol tongue.gif ). Kipper and Iggy are in good health and thats all i'm happy about.

Forget about hockey and lets start celebrating other people like Chandra Crawford. She deserves the attention! She was someone that wasn't going to be a medal contender...and she won gold! biggrin.gif

Hahaha, I told you all Finland was gonna take the gold. That's what my very post in this thread was saying. Now, though, it doesn,t make much of a difference to me whether it's Finns or the Czechs! Everyone knows they are the best teams in the world now! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (frouse @ Feb 23 2006, 02:52 AM)
Hahaha, I told you all Finland was gonna take the gold. That's what my very post in this thread was saying. Now, though, it doesn,t make much of a difference to me whether it's Finns or the Czechs! Everyone knows they are the best teams in the world now! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif trink39.gif

The finals were played already? Wow that was fast!

Congrats to Finland! Way to go! cheer.gif

Or Czechs for that matter!

QUOTE (frouse @ Feb 22 2006, 11:52 PM)

How do you know?

Didn't I say something??! tongue.gif

Finland has the gold!!!!! trink39.gif

Who is still doubtful? biggrin.gif

Swedes aren't gonna make it in the final. 653.gif

Wow! third period has just begun.. I'm back in front of my beloved tonight! cool10.gif

Someone had to make Curling exciting:

Streaker Runs Across Ice in Curling Match

c2915ce7e2db@news.ap.org The men's bronze medal match Friday was interrupted by a streaker. Midway through the United States' 8-6 win over Britain, a man wearing what appeared to be a strategically placed rubber chicken ran onto one of the covered sheets of ice not being used in that session.

He danced around for a bit but never tried to approach any of the players.

Curlers probably feel a little safer than most athletes _ it's hard for intruders to run across ice, especially if they're naked. John Shuster said he never felt in danger.

"Olympic security's been amazing here," he said. "We weren't worried at all."

A couple of security officials from the venue hovered near the streaker for several seconds before finally covering him and leading him away.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Feb 22 2006, 03:52 PM)
If people like Shani are there just to represent themselves and not their host country, then he and others like him, such as Bode Miller, do not belong at the Olympics.

There's this thing called the Parade of Nations that is done during the Opening Ceremonies where the athletes walk in as representatives of their nations. One person in the group bears that nation's flag.

Understand?

I see Shani was in attendance to support his 'teammates' in the 10,000........why would he do that?

Hedrick took the silver.......Shani cheered him on........

Hedrick finishes with a Gold, Silver & Bronze......Shani has Gold & Silver

Nice U.S. team........Cheek had Gold & Silver......... applaudit.gif

Shani and Chad have put the issue aside - unfortunately it was an issue that was blown way out of proportion by the US media - As usual they look to make a drama out of anything - Just last week they were asking for the resignation of Dick Cheney. They would find drama in a cockroach race if it would boost ratings.

QUOTE (D-13 @ Feb 25 2006, 12:37 PM)
Cindy Klassen gets Bronze (5th medal) and Clara Huges gets Gold in 5000m Speed Skating. It's amazing how Clara caught up to Klassens time in the last 2 laps (4 seconds).

well yeah, the leader before her totally broke down in the 5000 in the last few seconds, and she just had to keep her speed to get a better time...

oh and.. Apolo Ohno for the gold for mens 500m speed skating? anybody? anybody?

http://www.ohnozone.net/archives/DSC_1749_600.jpg

Archived