Devin Townsend

Mustard Death

'City' is one of the most extreme albums ever made. If you're after extemities, grab that album!

As far as SYL being over, you just never know with Devin. He said words to that effect after City, but then September 11 happened and he got all his anger back. The man suffers from Bi-Polar and other psychological disorders, so sometimes he says things during a down period that turn out not to be the case. The last round of interviews he did he was exhausted from recording/touring and emotional after the birth of his kid, so he was pretty negative about it at that time. Maybe he'll come back from this break he's currently on and be totally refreshed, ready to kick arse with SYL and his DTB stuff again. In fact I'm counting on that!

BTW, you'll LOVE AE and OM. Just give them some time to grow on you!!!

QUOTE (Roddy @ Mar 5 2007, 06:34 PM)
'City' is one of the most extreme albums ever made. If you're after extemities, grab that album!

As far as SYL being over, you just never know with Devin. He said words to that effect after City, but then September 11 happened and he got all his anger back. The man suffers from Bi-Polar and other psychological disorders, so sometimes he says things during a down period that turn out not to be the case. The last round of interviews he did he was exhausted from recording/touring and emotional after the birth of his kid, so he was pretty negative about it at that time. Maybe he'll come back from this break he's currently on and be totally refreshed, ready to kick arse with SYL and his DTB stuff again. In fact I'm counting on that!

I might actually go for Terria instead of the SYL for now...

trink38.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 6 2007, 04:29 AM)

As far as SYL being over, you just never know with Devin. He said words to that effect after City, but then September 11 happened and he got all his anger back. The man suffers from Bi-Polar and other psychological disorders, so sometimes he says things during a down period that turn out not to be the case. The last round of interviews he did he was exhausted from recording/touring and emotional after the birth of his kid, so he was pretty negative  about it at that time. Maybe he'll come back from this break he's currently on and be totally refreshed, ready to kick arse with SYL and his DTB stuff again. In fact I'm counting on that!

trink38.gif

Watch out for the track 'Earth Day' on Terria. My all time favourite Devin tune. Just enormous...

QUOTE (Roddy @ Mar 6 2007, 04:59 AM)

As far as SYL being over, you just never know with Devin. He said words to that effect after City, but then September 11 happened and he got all his anger back. The man suffers from Bi-Polar and other psychological disorders, so sometimes he says things during a down period that turn out not to be the case. The last round of interviews he did he was exhausted from recording/touring and emotional after the birth of his kid, so he was pretty negative  about it at that time. Maybe he'll come back from this break he's currently on and be totally refreshed, ready to kick arse with SYL and his DTB stuff again. In fact I'm counting on that!

trink38.gif

Watch out for the track 'Earth Day' on Terria. My all time favourite Devin tune. Just enormous...

I'm just about to order it now, whew this is gonna be a Hevy Devy month for treeduck alright...

wink.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 6 2007, 05:03 AM)
QUOTE (Roddy @ Mar 6 2007, 04:59 AM)

trink38.gif

I'm just about to order it now, whew this is gonna be a Hevy Devy month for treeduck alright...

wink.gif

I actually envy you, discovering and hearing Dev's albums for the 1st time!

Wow, that sounds wild!!!!!! And here I was thinking Dev was on a break!!!!! Gunna grab that when it comes out...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 2 2007, 04:00 PM)
Here's the cover for the new album...

http://www.hevydevy.com/reyne/Z1fltsm.JPG

That's typical Dev!!!

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Apr 4 2007, 11:31 PM)
Accelerated Evolution is brilliant.......one of my fav albums.

If you love that, you'll love the rest of his stuff, although it's all very different...

Awesome and funny at the same time! (if there were 2 Omnisciences, I would be both of them!)

I just hope people don't hear this as the 1st Devin stuff they hear....

I knew Devin for a while but it wasn't until earlier this year I made an effort to listen to any of his work. The first time I listened to him was while watching his performance at Tuska Open Air Metal Fest in 2010. It wasn't the full set, but the first song in the video was Supercrush! and by the end of the song I knew that I was already a fan and bought Epicloud the very next day. Addicted, Ghost and Epicloud are my three favorite Devin Townsend Project albums although the other two albums in the project Deconstruction and Ki are fantastic as well. Edited by PolarizeMe
  • Like 1