Happy 80th Birthday to this guy

4 minutes ago, zepphead said:

At times yes (75 & 77 tours) but at times just simply incredible.

I own both The Song Remains the Same and How the West Was Won.  I want to love them, and every now and then I dust them off and give them a listen.  JMO, but Page is the problem on both of them.  Heartbreaker in particular, and his complete inability to play the break, eventually just stopping and playing a classical piece, illustrates the point.  So I just return to the studio albums when I'm in a Zep mood.  They're great.

• Like 2

On 1/10/2024 at 6:17 PM, BastillePark said:

I'm not familiar with Jimmy Page or anyone else "playing" a guitar with a bow and had no idea what type of guitar he played. Not that big of a Led Zeppelin fan which is probably heresy in the rock fan area (Rush's "Heresy" is a better song than most Led Zep songs, imo).

I got to see Led Zeppelin early in their career so I recognized the picture, it was a big surprise to see him bow his guitar on stage.  Had I not witnessed that I would have been scratching my head at the photo too :smile:

Happy Birthday Jimmy :clap:

• Like 1

On 1/10/2024 at 8:17 PM, BastillePark said:

I'm not familiar with Jimmy Page or anyone else "playing" a guitar with a bow and had no idea what type of guitar he played. Not that big of a Led Zeppelin fan which is probably heresy in the rock fan area (Rush's "Heresy" is a better song than most Led Zep songs, imo).

A view like this is probably represented to Rush fans under the average age of a typical Rush fan.

But those of us fans since the 70s, which could be you I don't know, understand the impact Zeppelin had on Rush,  especially Alex.

But I do appreciate your bravado posting this here. BTW the hint was the bow, the bow is legendary

• Like 1