Neil Peart's R30 Drumset: Piece By Piece Pricing B

tascam

Wow that is an oldie but goodie. Whatever happened to tascam I wonder

tascam is who posted the update yesterday, no?

Let me get this straight, though- this is what DW is charging to make replicas of the R30 kit? Or it is the very kit that he used, and it just hasn’t sold in 14+ years since the tour ended? I’m confused...

If it is THE kit, Neil’s kit that he played, my god, I’d buy it. But if it’s a replica, for close to 100K...ummm, no.

Wow that is an oldie but goodie. Whatever happened to tascam I wonder

tascam is who posted the update yesterday, no?

Let me get this straight, though- this is what DW is charging to make replicas of the R30 kit? Or it is the very kit that he used, and it just hasn’t sold in 14+ years since the tour ended? I’m confused...

If it is THE kit, Neil’s kit that he played, my god, I’d buy it. But if it’s a replica, for close to 100K...ummm, no.

This is simply my approximation of what the cost of the R30 drum set would have cost back in 2005...with a 2020 update on all of the 24K Gold hardware. The pricing is for someone to order a "similar" drum set to Neil's back in 2005. This is not the pricing for the R30 replicas that Guitar Center sold for $30,000.

I simply took a piece by piece assessment of the original R30 drum set and posted pricing for everything I was able to identify.

I'm not sure DW would even consider building a replica R30 drum set today (2020) out of respect to Neil.

Edited by tascam

Neat thread! I'm not a drummer, but I always wonder what it would cost to recreate some of his old kits (particularly from AFTK and Hemispheres)

I am now doing the same with all the guitars in BBBoB. SMH!