Squaring The Circle

Timbale

I tripped across this documentary on Apple... Squaring The Circle is the story of Hipgnosis.  The film features interviews with Aubrey Powell (and archived interviews with Storm Thorgerson) as well as members of Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, Paul McCartney, Peter Gabriel and others.  Really worth a watch if you love those bands and their iconic album covers.  I learned a lot of stuff I didn't know, even as a huge Floyd and Gabriel fan!

• Like 3

A circle is simply a polygon with an infinite number of angles.   I don't think it's wants to be a square, man.

• Haha 2

I saw an ad for this documentary recently and have been meaning to watch it. .... It looks like something I would really enjoy.

Hipgnosis have been responsible for a lot of my favourite albums through the years.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, BastillePark said:

I saw that on the big screen a couple of weeks ago and it was fascinating. Too bad they didn't get hired by Rush for at least one cover.

I feel like Hugh Syme's later, digital artwork is kind of trying to ape Storm's design aesthetic...but not really nailing it,

• Like 1