the mets!

Tick

I was at the game Monday against the Twins. Here is a pic. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif It was so cool to be there biggrin.gif all of the history of the stadium and the atmosphere was just AWESOME!!! trink39.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/troutbum/IMGP2363.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 20 2007, 06:28 PM)
Nice pic Trout!  nothing like going to a ball game in person!  trink39.gif

Too bad Mets are in this funk right now...Lost again to the Twins  eh.gif  Good thing Braves are sucking too.

Thanks trink39.gif I hate the Mets actually unsure.gif laugh.gif But If I can get a chance to go to a park that I have never been to that's all that matters. Out of that game and the Phillies on Sunday I probably watched a total of half all together. I was just walking around each venue and taking it all in and meeting some really cool people biggrin.gif

On a side note to that game. Here are a few Souvenirs I brought back to Alaska biggrin.gif The can I wanted most because I had never heard of the beer and it said Brooklyn on it tongue.gif I ordered one and when the lady finished pouring it into a cup I said I want that can, she said I can't. I asked why? she said it's against stadium rules to have it. Why I have no idea. I had gotten the bottles which btw, were not glass and saved them. I told her I was from Alaska.. never fails laugh.gif she said ok let me see your drivers license I said here. She stared at it for about a minute. Then said ok.. hurry put it in your pack 1022.gif 653.gif trink38.gif trink39.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/troutbum/IMGP2381.jpg

QUOTE (troutman @ Jun 21 2007, 12:15 AM)
On a side note to that game. Here are a few Souvenirs I brought back to Alaska biggrin.gif The can I wanted most because I had never heard of the beer and it said Brooklyn on it tongue.gif I ordered one and when the lady finished pouring it into a cup I said I want that can, she said I can't. I asked why? she said it's against stadium rules to have it. Why I have no idea. I had gotten the bottles which btw, were not glass and saved them. I told her I was from Alaska.. never fails laugh.gif she said ok let me see your drivers license I said here. She stared at it for about a minute. Then said ok.. hurry put it in your pack 1022.gif 653.gif trink38.gif trink39.gif

Cool! laugh.gif trink39.gif

I'm running the Mets games tonight and tomorrow night for Clear Channel Radio, Albany. (980 AM, Albany)

So, I'll be a Yankee fan watching two Mets-A's games this weekend.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jun 22 2007, 07:07 PM)
I'm running the Mets games tonight and tomorrow night for Clear Channel Radio, Albany. (980 AM, Albany)

GET OUT !

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 22 2007, 06:52 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jun 22 2007, 07:07 PM)
I'm running the Mets games tonight and tomorrow night for Clear Channel Radio, Albany.  (980 AM, Albany)

GET OUT !

Nope! I'm at work now, airing the game on the radio and watching it with the sound down.

Forty bucks a night is forty bucks a night. A little "overtime" from my regular Clear Channel gig.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 21 2007, 12:39 AM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Jun 21 2007, 12:15 AM)
On a side note to that game. Here are a few Souvenirs I brought back to Alaska biggrin.gif  The can I wanted most because I had never heard of the beer and it said Brooklyn on it tongue.gif I ordered one and when the lady finished pouring it into a cup I said I want that can, she said I can't. I asked why? she said it's against stadium rules to have it. Why I have no idea. I had gotten the bottles which btw, were not glass and saved them. I told her I was from Alaska.. never fails laugh.gif she said ok let me see your drivers license I said here. She stared at it for about a minute. Then said ok.. hurry put it in your pack  1022.gif  653.gif  trink38.gif  trink39.gif

Cool! laugh.gif trink39.gif

Brooklyn Lager, some good beer!

you think we would be able to find it anywhere in Bklyn?

Nope, they don't sell it in the bars, just the distributers.

I'm glad you had a good time here in NY trink39.gif

Another night running the Mets game for Clear Channel Radio, Albany.

They kicked ass last night, I'll give them that. And it was entertaining to see Glavine put up some offensive numbers: two hits (a double and a single), two RBI, and a run scored. It cracks me up to see a pitcher get a hit and try to run the bases.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jun 23 2007, 05:50 PM)

They kicked ass last night, I'll give them that. And it was entertaining to see Glavine put up some offensive numbers: two hits (a double and a single), two RBI, and a run scored. It cracks me up to see a pitcher get a hit and try to run the bases.

Zambrano is a pretty good hitter here. He's got two jacks already this year, and he had six last year. You AL fans are missing out on this part of the game.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/z/zambrca01.shtml

QUOTE (anagramking @ Jun 23 2007, 07:28 PM)

They kicked ass last night, I'll give them that.  And it was entertaining to see Glavine put up some offensive numbers: two hits (a double and a single), two RBI, and a run scored.  It cracks me up to see a pitcher get a hit and try to run the bases.

Zambrano is a pretty good hitter here. He's got two jacks already this year, and he had six last year. You AL fans are missing out on this part of the game.

Nah, I'll still take the DH any day.

Watching the pitcher at the plate is a source of comedy to me; I can live without the comedy. I know having the pitcher hit supposedly makes for a more "strategic" game on the manager's part, but not that much more strategy is involved. Put someone at the plate who can hit, I say.

P.S. Will somebody please score in this game?? Oakland, Mets, I don't care; I just don't feel like working extra innings tonight at the radio station.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jun 23 2007, 08:38 PM)
P.S. Will somebody please score in this game?? Oakland, Mets, I don't care; I just don't feel like working extra innings tonight at the radio station.

The Mets scored in the bottom of the ninth. Thank Christ! I don't have to work extra innings tonight.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jun 23 2007, 10:04 PM)
P.S. Will somebody please score in this game??  Oakland, Mets, I don't care; I just don't feel like working extra innings tonight at the radio station.

The Mets scored in the bottom of the ninth. Thank Christ! I don't have to work extra innings tonight.

Yankees lost ! biggrin.gif just in case you did'nt know . bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (anagramking @ Jun 23 2007, 07:28 PM)

They kicked ass last night, I'll give them that.  And it was entertaining to see Glavine put up some offensive numbers: two hits (a double and a single), two RBI, and a run scored.  It cracks me up to see a pitcher get a hit and try to run the bases.

Nah, I'll still take the DH any day.

Watching the pitcher at the plate is a source of comedy to me; I can live without the comedy. I know having the pitcher hit supposedly makes for a more "strategic" game on the manager's part, but not that much more strategy is involved. Put someone at the plate who can hit, I say.

I'm cool with one league one way, and another the other way. The purist in me likes having the pitcher hit, though. And no DH means that Sosa would be out of baseball for good, and that would be a good thing.

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Jun 24 2007, 12:03 AM)
Dang the Pads have good pitching - Seems like that little benching of Greene woke him up - He's been hitting lately -

Careful, you're in the Mets thread. wink.gif

QUOTE (anagramking @ Jun 24 2007, 12:10 AM)
QUOTE (alphseeker @ Jun 24 2007, 12:03 AM)
Dang the Pads have good pitching - Seems like that little benching of Greene woke him up - He's been hitting lately -

Careful, you're in the Mets thread. wink.gif

oooooppppssss thought i was in MLB thread - Sorry wacko.gif

Monday night, and I've been tapped to run the Mets game for WOFX Albany again.

So once again, I'll be watching the Mets game tonight.

QUOTE (River Alph @ Jun 26 2007, 12:19 PM)
well, at least you get to watch a 1st place team

4 inna row yes.gif

Maybe I should switch allegiance to the Mets. Being in New York, I'd still be able to see all their games on TV, and I wouldn't have to take any more shit about liking the hated Yankees.

Throneberry rules! wink.gif

QUOTE (River Alph @ Jun 28 2007, 08:50 AM)
going to the game tonight
El Duque!!!
and that bastard Wainwright
Beltran feeling a little ill

ya got good seats ? have a good time ! we better win ! 1022.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 28 2007, 08:53 AM)
QUOTE (River Alph @ Jun 28 2007, 08:50 AM)
going to the game tonight
El Duque!!!
and that bastard Wainwright
Beltran feeling a little ill

ya got good seats ? have a good time ! we better win ! 1022.gif

yep - mezzanine section 9

wifey got them through her work

1/2 price with $10 beer money trink39.gif

and dang tootin' they better win dazed025.gif

or i'll be p-o'd yes.gif