the mets!

Tick

QUOTE (tick @ Sep 26 2008, 07:06 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Sep 26 2008, 10:44 PM)
Ouch.

Mets fans, would you start Santana tomorrow?

yes.gif and Sunday.

Where is Orel Hershiser when you need him biggrin.gif Come on you Mets get your asses in gear!! 1287.gif Even if you have to face my Dodgers in the playoffs and beat them. I want to take in a playoff game when I am there next month tongue.gif trink39.gif

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (heartofcygnus @ Sep 27 2008, 12:42 AM)
anybody have faith in the mets anymore? johan is pitching satuday against florida. there's still a chance we can make the playoffs but there's also a chance we'll be eliminated tomorrow.

I have very little faith in the Mets these days. They play afraid to lose. When your the better team, you go out there and prove it on the field, not with a bunch of lip service. The Mets have has alot of adversity to overcome, but there playing horrible baseball right now. Im afraid, no matter how good there core players are, they may never beat the September demons that haunt them. Good teams win, no excuses. This team at this point is just not very good.

Edited by tick

today is the day...................... confused13.gif

I know Ive used this thread as the serrogate phillies thread because Im too lazy to make one, but yesterdays win and clinch was another exercise in heart attacks as they almost blew it at the end....

As Ive said from the beginning, I didnt think the Mets or Phillies are good enough to go far int he playoffs. They simply arent good enough.

But I sympathize with Mets fans because, I dunno, on paper, I just thought theyd do a lot better. The Phillies, I think, fulfilled what they are capable of, but just have too many streaky hitters and too weak a pitching staff to go far in the playoffs.

Regarding Shea - goodbye to another old time stadium. I have a sift spot for Shea and the Mets (although we are mortal enemies) due to their connection to Oscar Madison in The Odd Couple. Oscar wears Mets hats, and has a photo of the coach (in 1968, just a couple years after the founding) on his wall and on his desk (his character is a sportswriter for those who dont know). He also misses a triple play at Shea because Felix called him to tell him, "Oscar, dont eat any frankfurters at the game today, because Im making franks and beans for dinner". Hilarious.

Vaya Con Ceso Shea!

Edit-->

http://www.loge13.com/images/shea_1964_small.jpg

Edited by lerxt1990

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 28 2008, 12:27 PM)
I know Ive used this thread as the serrogate phillies thread because Im too lazy to make one, but yesterdays win and clinch was another exercise in heart attacks as they almost blew it at the end....

As Ive said from the beginning, I didnt think the Mets or Phillies are good enough to go far int he playoffs. They simply arent good enough.

But I sympathize with Mets fans because, I dunno, on paper, I just thought theyd do a lot better. The Phillies, I think, fulfilled what they are capable of, but just have too many streaky hitters and too weak a pitching staff to go far in the playoffs.

Regarding Shea - goodbye to another old time stadium. I have a sift spot for Shea and the Mets (although we are mortal enemies) due to their connection to Oscar Madison in The Odd Couple. Oscar wears Mets hats, and has a photo of the coach (in 1968, just a couple years after the founding) on his wall and on his desk (his character is a sportswriter for those who dont know). He also misses a triple play at Shea because Felix called him to tell him, "Oscar, dont eat any frankfurters at the game today, because Im making franks and beans for dinner". Hilarious.

Vaya Con Ceso Shea!

Edit-->

Its all about the bullpen Lerxt. The Mets in 08, have the worst bullpen in the history of basball for a contending team. I have never seen a Mets team in all my years as a fan that did not have 1 guy you can trust to get an out when you need it. It spite of it all, the Mets now control there own destiny, and thats all you can ask for as a team.

QUOTE (tick @ Sep 28 2008, 12:39 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 28 2008, 12:27 PM)

As Ive said from the beginning, I didnt think the Mets or Phillies are good enough to go far int he playoffs.  They simply arent good enough.

But I sympathize with Mets fans because, I dunno, on paper, I just thought theyd do a lot better.  The Phillies, I think, fulfilled what they are capable of, but just have too many streaky hitters and too weak a pitching staff to go far in the playoffs.

Regarding Shea - goodbye to another old time stadium.  I have a sift spot for Shea and the Mets (although we are mortal enemies) due to their connection to Oscar Madison in The Odd Couple.  Oscar wears Mets hats, and has a photo of the coach (in 1968, just a couple years after the founding) on his wall and on his desk (his character is a sportswriter for those who dont know).  He also misses a triple play at Shea because Felix called him to tell him, "Oscar, dont eat any frankfurters at the game today, because Im making franks and beans for dinner".  Hilarious.

Vaya Con Ceso Shea!

Edit-->

Its all about the bullpen Lerxt. The Mets in 08, have the worst bullpen in the history of basball for a contending team. I have never seen a Mets team in all my years as a fan that did not have 1 guy you can trust to get an out when you need it. It spite of it all, the Mets now control there own destiny, and thats all you can ask for as a team.

I didnt follow them closely, but thats what I read and heard here. Our bullpen isnt the best in the league, but our closer didnt blow one save all year (something Tim kept pointing out at the end of yesterdays nailbiter to which I was yelling DONT JINX US!). What I briefly read was that it was the bullpen that did you in, and youre confirming that...

But as you say, controlling your destiny aint such a bad deal considering....

Any chance for a Phillies-Mets NL Championship? Hey, could happen!

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 28 2008, 05:14 PM)
Sorry guys  sad.gif  Bullpen f*cked up yet again  eh.gif

no.gif Lack of offence ! angry.gif

Edited by tick

time to put away the tums until next year............................... 1287.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 29 2008, 08:43 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Sep 29 2008, 09:09 AM)
time to put away the tums until next year............................... 1287.gif

They have a shelf life, please mail them to me and Ill mail fresh ones to you next year. Unfortunately, I am aware of the torture that awaits me smile.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Sep 30 2008, 05:32 PM)
Bullpen problems aside, the Mets have to look at revamping their offense. Seriously, scoring 5 runs against the Marlins when you have to win just doesn't cut it. Clutch hitting.

As great as Delgado was in the second 1/2, I hope they don't sign him.

Pick up another big bat and another starting pitcher to go along with the bullpen help they will need to sign. I like this kid Murphy's bat and would leave the outfield alone.