Roger Daltrey calls the Stones a "mediocre pub band"

treeduck

What's with the Stones getting crap lately?

Honestly, Mike Nesmith from the Monkees should pipe up and call them all out. The Monkees are #1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUIn9NwIEMM

Wow, I really need to watch The Simpsons. That was great!

• Like 1

Somehow even if it is just Mick and Keith left from the original band, they just seem more "authentic".

Depending on the meaning behind this statement, I think the Who were a far more versatile band than the Stones. They managed to go past blues and make some of the most interesting rock music ever.

I would not say for that the Stones.

Somehow even if it is just Mick and Keith left from the original band, they just seem more "authentic".

Depending on the meaning behind this statement, I think the Who were a far more versatile band than the Stones. They managed to go past blues and make some of the most interesting rock music ever.

By authentic I meant the current version of the Stones seems more like the original than the current version of the Who. Referring to bands that tour with very few original members. Don't get me wrong, I am a big Who fan. Quadrophenia is my favourite album of all time. The Stones are my favourite band of all time. The Who is top 5.

• Like 1

It is probably just talking smack. Maybe they don't like the fact that the Stones are still going strong almost 60 years later (or at least what's left of them). I love the Who but they wouldn't sell out a stadium like the Stones right now. Somehow even if it is just Mick and Keith left from the original band, they just seem more "authentic". And as for them not sounding great in video clips....they are approaching 80! I hope I still have a percentage of that left when I am 80!

To my ears I don’t think they’ve sounded better. I think they always wanted to sound like old blues men and they finally arrived.

I have always pictured Mick and Keith in their 80's touring smaller venues sitting on stools on stage and covering the old tunes. Like the old blues greats.

• Like 1

What's with the Stones getting crap lately?

Honestly, Mike Nesmith from the Monkees should pipe up and call them all out. The Monkees are #1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUIn9NwIEMM

Wow, I really need to watch The Simpsons. That was great!

Good episode as well about her fear of flying. It references Prince Of Tides through the episode with Anne Bancroft as the psychiatrist.

By authentic I meant the current version of the Stones seems more like the original than the current version of the Who.

I can concede this.

I was not on the planet when Keith Moon died, but once Entwistle was gone my interest in seeing them is not high.

If they ever get it rescheduled, I would like to drive to Cincinnati.

By authentic I meant the current version of the Stones seems more like the original than the current version of the Who.

I can concede this.

I was not on the planet when Keith Moon died, but once Entwistle was gone my interest in seeing them is not high.

If they ever get it rescheduled, I would like to drive to Cincinnati.

Which planet are you on now, that's what I want to know??? ;)

On that note, despite it being a covers album, their last album is their best since Tattoo You. John Fugelsang made a good point on his Sirius XM talk show by saying it's just them being a really good band instead of trying to sound like their usual selves.