ST3V

Triumph Album Poll  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your Favorite(s)

• Triumph (AKA In The Beginning...) (1976)
    • Rock And Roll Machine (1977)
    • Just A Game (1979)
    • Progressions Of Power (1980)
    • Allied Forces (1981)
    • Never Surrender (1982)
    • Thunder Seven (1984)
    • The Sport Of Kings (1986)
    • Surveillance (1987)
    • Edge Of Excess (1993)

This thread has got me thinking of doing up a mix. I think the only way I'd probably go back to listening to Triumph (apart from most of Allied Forces) is to do up a couple of mixed CDs. It would definitely have of Emmett's instrumental things along with the rock tunes I think are pretty good. Then I could leave off turkeys like Magic Power, Spellbound, Follow Your Heart and Hold On.

Just A Game

Allied Forces

Rock and Roll Machine (The one with "The City" on it)

First heard them when their 2nd album came out. I never heard such a fast guitar solo in my life - he reigned supreme in my 12-year-old mind until EVH came out with Eruption a year later

Wish they were a bit more proggy. Finally saw them live on the Thunder 7 tour down in Buffalo and was so disappointed I sold my tickets to the Toronto show. Thunder 7 and Stages were the last albums I liked. Hated The Sport of Kings and Surveillance and never bought a Triumph album after that.

I was lucky to find a promo copy of their first single, sometime in the eighties.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDP9KEBhWpI

• Like 1

Just A Game

Allied Forces

Rock and Roll Machine (The one with "The City" on it)

First heard them when their 2nd album came out. I never heard such a fast guitar solo in my life - he reigned supreme in my 12-year-old mind until EVH came out with Eruption a year later

Wish they were a bit more proggy. Finally saw them live on the Thunder 7 tour down in Buffalo and was so disappointed I sold my tickets to the Toronto show. Thunder 7 and Stages were the last albums I liked. Hated The Sport of Kings and Surveillance and never bought a Triumph album after that.

I was lucky to find a promo copy of their first single, sometime in the eighties.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDP9KEBhWpI

Rik Emmett could quite possibly be labeled as the EVH of Canada, he is truly one of the greats who didn't get enough recognition I feel.

And also, My Uncle only ever had the International version, which replaces Pts 1 and 2 of New York City, and The City, with songs from the first album, Street Fighter, Street Fighter (Reprise), and 24 Hours A Day, so I had the pleasure of introducing him to those 3 Songs, and he likes the New York City Streets songs. Its pretty cool, good choice. The City, being their only epic, is a great song.