The _hi_water._ Water Battle Tribute Poll

JohnnyBlaze

The Water Battle Tribute Poll   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these do you like the most? (OR which do you dislike the least?)

2. 2. Which of these, if any, would you give an A- grade or higher?

Red Tide, one of the most consistently underrated songs in Rush's catalogue. I've seen some outright hatred for it as well which I have never understood. Slap some less Presto-y production on that and you have yourself a song which could sit snugly on GuP or PoW
  • Like 1

Red Tide, one of the most consistently underrated songs in Rush's catalogue. I've seen some outright hatred for it as well which I have never understood. Slap some less Presto-y production on that and you have yourself a song which could sit snugly on GuP or PoW

Yeah, as it is now, I can see it as a weaker second cousin to something off Power Windows

• Like 1

Yeah, as it is now, I can see it as a weaker second cousin to something off Power Windows

And people consider Available Light underrated. Lots of people consider it one of their best, and not even noticing people claiming it as a favorite. If you don't think it's overrated at all, mind you look at some of the highest rated songs on Presto?

And people consider Available Light underrated. Lots of people consider it one of their best, and not even noticing people claiming it as a favorite. If you don't think it's overrated at all, mind you look at some of the highest rated songs on Presto?

Eh, I'm still a huge fan of Available Light, it's my favorite on the record. Red Tide probably doesn't quite crack my top five from Presto, but only because I really do love most of the album. I can see how it might not live up to the hype it kind of gets around here. That's been my own experience with some songs like The Pass (which I do like) and Ghost Of A Chance (which I don't care for). However I do understand why those songs are so well loved, they just don't cut it for me. Perhaps you're just not hearing what many other people hear in Available Light.

Eh, I'm still a huge fan of Available Light, it's my favorite on the record. Red Tide probably doesn't quite crack my top five from Presto, but only because I really do love most of the album. I can see how it might not live up to the hype it kind of gets around here. That's been my own experience with some songs like The Pass (which I do like) and Ghost Of A Chance (which I don't care for). However I do understand why those songs are so well loved, they just don't cut it for me. Perhaps you're just not hearing what many other people hear in Available Light.

I love that song, but I wouldn't consider it one of their best (or one of the best from Presto). Go check out some topics about Available Light, there are some people who highly regard that song.

I love that song, but I wouldn't consider it one of their best (or one of the best from Presto). Go check out some topics about Available Light, there are some people who highly regard that song.

I'm well aware. I am one of those people, lol. I thought from the way you were referencing it that maybe you weren't a fan of it.

I'm well aware. I am one of those people, lol. I thought from the way you were referencing it that maybe you weren't a fan of it.

Same here. AL might be my second favorite off Presto after The Pass.

• Like 1

:finbar:

11. Scars (sick basslines tho)

10. Anagram (For Mongo)

9. War Paint

8. Superconductor

7. Available Light

6. Hand Over Fist :pussy:

5. Red Tide

4. Chain Lightning

3. The Pass

2. Presto

1. Show Don't Tell

10. Anagram (For Mongo)

9. War Paint

8. Superconductor

7. Available Light

5. Red Tide

4. Chain Lightning

3. The Pass

2. Presto

1. Show Don't Tell

I’d go this way at this very second: ((It’s very tight for the second spot))

1. The Pass

2. Presto

3. Available Light

4. Show Don’t Tell

5. War Paint

6. Chain Lightning

7. Scars

8. Superconductor

9. Red Tide

10. Hand Fisting Job

11. Anagram

• Like 1

10. Anagram (For Mongo)

9. War Paint

8. Superconductor

7. Available Light

5. Red Tide

4. Chain Lightning

3. The Pass

2. Presto

1. Show Don't Tell

1. The Pass

2. Presto

3. Available Light

4. Show Don’t Tell

5. War Paint

6. Chain Lightning

7. Scars

8. Superconductor

9. Red Tide

10. Hand Fisting Job

11. Anagram

1. Available Light

2. Show Don't Tell

3. Presto (the live version on Time Machine is the best though)

4. Chain Lightning

5. The Pass

6. War Paint

7. Red Tide (like I said, I love it, but I love a lot of this record)

8. Scars

9. Superconductor

10. Hand Over Fist

11. Anagram (For Mongo)

those last two are like day old room temperature water to my ears

10. Anagram (For Mongo)

9. War Paint

8. Superconductor

7. Available Light

5. Red Tide

4. Chain Lightning

3. The Pass

2. Presto

1. Show Don't Tell

1. The Pass

2. Presto

3. Available Light

4. Show Don’t Tell

5. War Paint

6. Chain Lightning

7. Scars

8. Superconductor

9. Red Tide

10. Hand Fisting Job

11. Anagram

1. Available Light

2. Show Don't Tell

4. Chain Lightning

5. The Pass

6. War Paint

8. Scars

9. Superconductor

10. Hand Over Fist

11. Anagram (For Mongo)

Presto is my least fav Rush studio album.. well technically Feedback is... still enjoy it though.

10. Anagram (For Mongo)

9. War Paint

8. Superconductor

7. Available Light

5. Red Tide

4. Chain Lightning

3. The Pass

2. Presto

1. Show Don't Tell

1. The Pass

2. Presto

3. Available Light

4. Show Don’t Tell

5. War Paint

6. Chain Lightning

7. Scars

8. Superconductor

9. Red Tide

10. Hand Fisting Job

11. Anagram

1. Available Light

2. Show Don't Tell

4. Chain Lightning

5. The Pass

6. War Paint

8. Scars

9. Superconductor

10. Hand Over Fist

11. Anagram (For Mongo)

Presto is my least fav Rush studio album.. well technically Feedback is... still enjoy it though.

Lower-middle of the pack for me. RTB is much worse.

10. Anagram (For Mongo)

9. War Paint

8. Superconductor

7. Available Light

5. Red Tide

4. Chain Lightning

3. The Pass

2. Presto

1. Show Don't Tell

1. The Pass

2. Presto

3. Available Light

4. Show Don’t Tell

5. War Paint

6. Chain Lightning

7. Scars

8. Superconductor

9. Red Tide

10. Hand Fisting Job

11. Anagram

1. Available Light

2. Show Don't Tell

4. Chain Lightning

5. The Pass

6. War Paint

8. Scars

9. Superconductor

10. Hand Over Fist

11. Anagram (For Mongo)

Lower-middle of the pack for me. RTB is much worse.

I like RTB better cuz it has Dreamline, a Top 10 Rush song for me.