Choose one: Robert Fripp or Steve Hackett

Entre_Perpetuo

Choose  

16 members have voted

1. 1. One

• Robert Fripp
    • Steve Hackett

wanted to see UFO tomorrow but just can't swing it. car trouble

I know you need a new car. Take public transit?

I passed on UFO at a small club in SF. I saw The Who instead at Chase Center. It was the right choice. Roger cancelled shows but after two weeks off he nailed it in SF.

Seen UFO many times. Not a Vinnie Moore fan. Paul is dead. Pete Way can't get in the USA. Phil is lost on stage. So sad.

Another band that is done.

• Like 1

I prefer King Crimson to Genesis but I prefer Hackett as a guitarist over Fripp.

You drive me fuckingg nuts. Probably why I love you so much.

This thread made me put on "Trick Of The Tail" and "Wind And Wuthering" tonight. Two masterpieces.

I do enjoy some Genesis after Steve left, but for me, once Steve left it was all downhill from there.

Ironically I think "Calling All Stations" is a masterpiece gem.

Glad I'm fukking weird too. Hey, we love what we love. I will never change for a woman or some guy telling me to listen to BLACK METAL! LOL!!!! FUCKK THAT!

I remember seeing Fripp supporting Steve Vai back in 2005. He came on before Eric Sardinias, he just sat on a chair and played the guitar on his own doing some kind of quiet weird stuff, and he got booed!

• Like 1

I prefer King Crimson to Genesis but I prefer Hackett as a guitarist over Fripp.

This thread made me put on "Trick Of The Tail" and "Wind And Wuthering" tonight. Two masterpieces.

I do enjoy some Genesis after Steve left, but for me, once Steve left it was all downhill from there.

Glad I'm fukking weird too. Hey, we love what we love. I will never change for a woman or some guy telling me to listen to BLACK METAL! LOL!!!! FUCKK THAT!

I remember seeing Fripp supporting Steve Vai back in 2005. He came on before Eric Sardinias, he just sat on a chair and played the guitar on his own doing some kind of quiet weird stuff, and he got booed!

Yes Pat!

I saw Fripp open for Porcupine Tree. He just sat there in a chair playing humpback whale shit. Dreadful.

Saw him open for TOOL in Crimson. It was horrific.

Fripp should retire. He's awful, yet he ensnared Gavin Harrison somehow. Still has Levin on the stick.

He is loved man. Just not for me.

Give me Hackett Genesis until I die mate.

• Like 1

Yes Pat!

I saw Fripp open for Porcupine Tree. He just sat there in a chair playing humpback whale shit. Dreadful.

Fripp should retire. He's awful, yet he ensnared Gavin Harrison somehow. Still has Levin on the stick.

I felt bad for him to be honest because he's too good to get booed like that, way too good.

• Like 2

I agree that Fripp is incredible- but I think Hackett does more for me overall.

I love King Crimson AND the early Genesis, both. But it’s Hackett. More melodic, or something.

• Like 3

Yes Pat!

I felt bad for him to be honest because he's too good to get booed like that, way too good.

I know Pat. I respect Robert. I never booed him at PT or TOOL. I just went to the bathroom and grabbed a beer. lol

Fripp is a genius. He's great. Glad I saw him a few times in my life, but he's just not for me mate.

I adore John Wetton. I love those Crimson records.

• Like 2

Yes Pat!

I know Pat. I respect Robert. I never booed him at PT or TOOL. I just went to the bathroom and grabbed a beer. lol

Fripp is a genius. He's great. Glad I saw him a few times in my life, but he's just not for me mate.

I prefer the 70's Crimson albums obviously but the 80's ones are pretty good too.

• Like 2

Guess I am a pussy Pat. I love ASIA.

The original Asia line-up were cool. I bought both the first two albums when they first came out. I was a bit disappointed with the second one but still I thought it was pretty good.

You are my brother Pat even though I am a pansy and have zero musical knowledge. lol

I remember buying "Alpha" too on cassette and I hated it. It was like buying "Signals" as a kid after "MP." I fuckking hated synth Signals. But they thanks to time and playing both, I eventually fell in love.

Sometimes albums take time to love. Some are instant Pat. How come I was in love once in my life with Wendy, yet five years after dating over 40 women, I can't find love again.

Do I overthink?

I must be a really weird guy. I remember buying "Astra" the third record and I totally loved it after one spin.

it was like that with GUP for me. Took me a whole summer or longer to love "Signals." One listen to GUP was in love.

Relating falling in love with records to a woman is cliche I guess. I mean it goes both ways right?

I am sure many women on the planet who want a second chance at love can type the same way about records that took them many moons to love.

I don't know Pat.

It's crazy.

Perhaps I have married the music and women can't crack my code. 1001001 SOS. The mode?

Sometimes I still wish I was married Pat. I had a good run. But the fun ended.

I want fun Pat.

So many chances, so many dances and romances. Yet since Wendy, I am coming up short.

I will be fine if I never find love again.

I will retire soon and explore the world.

I will come see my Rush Forum Friends around the globe.

See rock shows until my ears fall off my head.

Whatever buddy.

All good.

• Like 2

Yes Pat!

I prefer the 70's Crimson albums obviously but the 80's ones are pretty good too.

Yes! All the Wetton stuff and I must confess I love Belew too.

• Like 2

I love how albums we have adored over the decades never get old.

Sometimes me might need a break, but they all come back to us.

I love Japanese CDS!!! I WILL NEVER CHANGE!!!!

The obi strip. The packaging. The artwork. Holding these gems in your hands.

Have at it Millennials with your downloads and compressed Crapple Music.

I did learn that Pandora sounds better on my Audi blu tooth than Crapple.

• Like 2

I agree with so much of what's being said around here!

As someone still discovering King Crimson album by album (I have 5 of them now), I'm still kind of waiting to hear Fripp just go nuts for once like on that Bowie album Scary Monsters. It's not that he hasn't been playing like a maniac, it's just that he hasn't quite blown my mind yet even though I'm pretty sure he can. I know for a fact I'm going to see KC live if I ever get the chance. With Genesis I've got most all the records, and Hackett never ceases to amaze. Have a couple of his solo albums too and they're fantastic. All the extra Hackett you wanted Tony and Phil to just give enough space for with none of the pretension or ego most killer metal and prog guitarists seem to carry. It's just not in his nature not to play for the song, like George or Ringo!

• Like 2

Guess I am a pussy Pat. I love ASIA.

The original Asia line-up were cool. I bought both the first two albums when they first came out. I was a bit disappointed with the second one but still I thought it was pretty good.

You are my brother Pat even though I am a pansy and have zero musical knowledge. lol

I remember buying "Alpha" too on cassette and I hated it. It was like buying "Signals" as a kid after "MP." I fuckking hated synth Signals. But they thanks to time and playing both, I eventually fell in love.

Sometimes albums take time to love. Some are instant Pat. How come I was in love once in my life with Wendy, yet five years after dating over 40 women, I can't find love again.

Do I overthink?

I must be a really weird guy. I remember buying "Astra" the third record and I totally loved it after one spin.

it was like that with GUP for me. Took me a whole summer or longer to love "Signals." One listen to GUP was in love.

Relating falling in love with records to a woman is cliche I guess. I mean it goes both ways right?

I am sure many women on the planet who want a second chance at love can type the same way about records that took them many moons to love.

I don't know Pat.

It's crazy.

Perhaps I have married the music and women can't crack my code. 1001001 SOS. The mode?

Sometimes I still wish I was married Pat. I had a good run. But the fun ended.

I want fun Pat.

So many chances, so many dances and romances. Yet since Wendy, I am coming up short.

I will be fine if I never find love again.

I will retire soon and explore the world.

I will come see my Rush Forum Friends around the globe.

See rock shows until my ears fall off my head.

Whatever buddy.

All good.

I really liked the artwork of the second Asia album, although the first one was amazing too. I remember I spent a long time looking at that artwork. Maybe I'll have an ASIA fest in the near future.

• Like 1

As someone still discovering King Crimson album by album (I have 5 of them now), I'm still kind of waiting to hear Fripp just go nuts for once like on that Bowie album Scary Monsters. It's not that he hasn't been playing like a maniac, it's just that he hasn't quite blown my mind yet even though I'm pretty sure he can. I know for a fact I'm going to see KC live if I ever get the chance. With Genesis I've got most all the records, and Hackett never ceases to amaze. Have a couple of his solo albums too and they're fantastic. All the extra Hackett you wanted Tony and Phil to just give enough space for with none of the pretension or ego most killer metal and prog guitarists seem to carry. It's just not in his nature not to play for the song, like George or Ringo!

Study it all my son.

I am an addict and I have everything by Crimson and Genesis no matter what I type on here.

I buy every Crimson release. Every Japanese box set. Everything. I'm insane and it's great. Humans hate cds!!! PRAISE JESUS! PRAISE DARWIN! LOL!

I'm a cd addict.

Could be worse.

• Like 1

Study it all my son.

I am an addict and I have everything by Crimson and Genesis no matter what I type on here.

I buy every Crimson release. Every Japanese box set. Everything. I'm insane and it's great. Humans hate cds!!! PRAISE JESUS! PRAISE DARWIN! LOL!

I'm a cd addict.

Could be worse.

I was at a jazz clinic today and they stopped taking questions right when I thought of one to ask. I wanted to ask these guys two very simple questions: "how do you decide what to listen to, and how much do you listen to each day?" They'd been talking a ton about listening and playing along and I realized one of my biggest everyday conundrums is finding time to listen to music, then figuring out what to listen to.

• Like 2

seeing hackett in a few weeks

Lucky! Is he doing "Second's Out" all they way through? He isn't coming to California. I'm pissed. He always comes to Berkeley.

Maybe you can travel to Winnipeg Earl, make a big trip of it?? It's about time you went to Canada, you can visit Prince Harry and Meghan "Marky Mark" Markle on the way back! You better act WOKE though or they'll throw you out!

• Like 1

Study it all my son.

I'm a cd addict.

Could be worse.

I was at a jazz clinic today and they stopped taking questions right when I thought of one to ask. I wanted to ask these guys two very simple questions: "how do you decide what to listen to, and how much do you listen to each day?" They'd been talking a ton about listening and playing along and I realized one of my biggest everyday conundrums is finding time to listen to music, then figuring out what to listen to.

Dude, don't take this the wrong way. I am not drunk, crazy or on drugs. I love you man. Like the Rush movie. lol

So here is my deal and it's a miracle I was married for 19 years to a wonderful woman. I miss her. We have great daughters together and I love my ex wife. It sucks, but I was part of the problem. I can admit this on a public forum because I really don't care, and hopefully my stupidity can help someone on here who still wants to read my banter.

But I had it made. A beautiful blonde wife. So amazing. We did everything together and she never complained. Well until she hit 40.

But I would find time to listen to music every night. After work or just staying at home with the wife and girls.

Probably part of why I am divorced.

I would listen to five cds a night on my home stereo. My ex wife would watch TV in the other room reading subtitles so I could listen to my music. Now that's love.

I can't believe I'm telling you this. I am sure I will get ripped for it.

But, again, I did have a wonderful marriage, but I was also married to the music and to rock concerts.

I took Wendy all over North America for Rush shows.

She never complained. I always took my ex wife to the best hotels. The best restaurants and even the best shopping.

I seem selfish but I seriously did everything I could to make my wife happy on our mission to see Rush.

I am probably way off track or just telling you too much on a public forum.

We all fukk up man.

I was a good husband. Never cheated. Never did drugs. Low drama, but my addiction to music, Rush and concerts probably didn't help me in the long term.

I have two amazing girls out of the deal.

And after dating so many women over the last five years trying to find love again. Here I am typing to you about my love for music.

"Selling England By The Pound" is next.

See?

Women come and go, but the music on my stereo is every night.

Perhaps it's my fatal flaw.

Maybe one day I will try to turn off the music and marry the woman.

Doubtful my friend.

Alimony is still killing me softly.

Signed,

Roberta Flack

Be careful out there.

• Like 1

Lucky! Is he doing "Second's Out" all they way through? He isn't coming to California. I'm pissed. He always comes to Berkeley.

Maybe you can travel to Winnipeg Earl, make a big trip of it?? It's about time you went to Canada, you can visit Prince Harry and Meghan "Marky Mark" Markle on the way back! You better act WOKE though or they'll throw you out!

Hahaha!!! I have many friends in Canada. They are all in Toronto. Rod is one of them. I am planning a trip to Toronto this summer. No thanks to Winnipeg.

I love Toronto and Vancouver.

It's all about the rock shows, RUSH or seeing the A's play the Jays in Toronto!!

• Like 1

Study it all my son.

I'm a cd addict.

Could be worse.

Dude, don't take this the wrong way. I am not drunk, crazy or on drugs. I love you man. Like the Rush movie. lol

So here is my deal and it's a miracle I was married for 19 years to a wonderful woman. I miss her. We have great daughters together and I love my ex wife. It sucks, but I was part of the problem. I can admit this on a public forum because I really don't care, and hopefully my stupidity can help someone on here who still wants to read my banter.

But I had it made. A beautiful blonde wife. So amazing. We did everything together and she never complained. Well until she hit 40.

But I would find time to listen to music every night. After work or just staying at home with the wife and girls.

I would listen to five cds a night on my home stereo. My ex wife would watch TV in the other room reading subtitles so I could listen to my music. Now that's love.

But, again, I did have a wonderful marriage, but I was also married to the music and to rock concerts.

She never complained. I always took my ex wife to the best hotels. The best restaurants and even the best shopping.

I seem selfish but I seriously did everything I could to make my wife happy on our mission to see Rush.

We all fukk up man.

I was a good husband. Never cheated. Never did drugs. Low drama, but my addiction to music, Rush and concerts probably didn't help me in the long term.

And after dating so many women over the last five years trying to find love again. Here I am typing to you about my love for music.

See?

Doubtful my friend.

Signed,

Roberta Flack

Be careful out there.

I think we all appreciate how open and honest you are Earl. You make this place special by not caring who reads you're life story or your controversial opinions, because you love being yourself!

• Like 2

Study it all my son.

I'm a cd addict.

Could be worse.

We all fukk up man.

See?

Doubtful my friend.

Signed,

Roberta Flack

Be careful out there.

I think we all appreciate how open and honest you are Earl. You make this place special by not caring who reads you're life story or your controversial opinions, because you love being yourself!

OMG!

You totally get me. Thank you. I've been crying a lot over losing Neil but now your last post has made me tear up.

Wow.

I am flattered and honored.

I know I am over the top, but yes, passion overrides the fashion when it comes to the music man.

You are so right! After all the shit I've gone through and yes, I do use this Forum as a release center I must say I do love myself.

You have to love yourself first. Even if you hit "Rock Bottom" UFO. Hell I did in 2014.

But I am soooooo much better now. I still see my couples therapist once a month.

Yes, we tried to save our marriage. But it was a nightmare disaster.

I don't need to see my couples therapist anymore, but I love Susan.

She is great to have in my life while dealing with other stresses such as work and other issues.

We all have them.

Susan is a great friend. I adore her and it is what it is and FOREVER! LOL

I love this Forum!!

I'm still lucky to be part of this man.

Neil's death has really hurt my inner being, but we are all struggling together.

I'm trying to mellow out on here with my brash opinions but I will never change.

Again I am sorry to all the humans on here who I have hurt, but I will always defend myself for being me.

I love all of my friends on here.

I am very serious about having a Rushhead Rush Forum Neil Peart Keg Party! Wish I could fly everyone out to California.

I can dream right?

Cheers buddy!

Live for you!

Signed,

"ANTHEM"

I LOVE YOU NEIL!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

Study it all my son.

I'm a cd addict.

Could be worse.

My brain needs to go to a few jazz clinics so I can float to JAZZ HEAVEN one day.

• Like 2

Hahaha!!! I have many friends in Canada. They are all in Toronto. Rod is one of them. I am planning a trip to Toronto this summer. No thanks to Winnipeg.

I love Toronto and Vancouver.

It's all about the rock shows, RUSH or seeing the A's play the Jays in Toronto!!

Well you can still see Prince Harry because he's in Vancouver!

• Like 1