Huey Lewis & The News - new album Weather

RushFanForever

Not much of an album, just gave it a listen. Of it's 26 minute runtime, there was probably 10 or 15 worth revisiting. It's a little like watching your unhip uncle go up and sing and almost prove he's still got it. The band behind him plays very well, and the production, while not really captivating, is clean and flattering. I don't really mind his voice either...just some of the lyrics and melodies are kinda cringe inducing. I Want A New Drug this ain't, but it's good to hear someone still using a real band with a real organist and definite interplay, and backing vocals, and fadeouts.

Not much of an album, just gave it a listen. Of it's 26 minute runtime, there was probably 10 or 15 worth revisiting. It's a little like watching your unhip uncle go up and sing and almost prove he's still got it. The band behind him plays very well, and the production, while not really captivating, is clean and flattering. I don't really mind his voice either...just some of the lyrics and melodies are kinda cringe inducing. I Want A New Drug this ain't, but it's good to hear someone still using a real band with a real organist and definite interplay, and backing vocals, and fadeouts.

I'm guessing the album is so short because of Huey's hearing loss. They weren't able to record anything after that, so they just released what was finished.

• Like 1

I'm guessing the album is so short because of Huey's hearing loss. They weren't able to record anything after that, so they just released what was finished.

Fair enough. I've loved shorter records, so that shouldn't really impede it. Still not sure all of the songs are really there though.

I didn't mind this album.  At least he is still making music.  A lot of musicians suffer from hearing loss.  It's an occupational hazard, especially among drummers.  

Edited by Krystal