Question about Ziggy Stardust (song)

So I was just listening to Ziggy Stardust with my dad, and I noticed something I've kind of thought I was hearing for a long time but couldn't put my finger on it.

I think the guitar and bass (moreso the bass) are a bit out of tune on the main riff of the song. Has anyone else hear ever heard this? It's like how Paul's bass is just a little flat in Here Comes The Sun!

• Like 1

I am going to listen to the song and see if I can hear what you are talking about.

Funny you should bring Ziggy Stardust up. My old dentist retired, so yesterday I met my new one. When he walked into the room my immediate thought was "Oh my, it's Ziggy Stardust." He looks just like him. :)

EDIT: I think that's the way he wanted it to sound. It always sounded normal to us back then. :LOL:

I loved this song. My friend Bob would always say after the line "so where were the spiders" - stoned.

This is one of the best lyrics ever:

:musicnote:...Making love with his ego,

Ziggy sucked up into his mind... :musicnote:

Oh those were the days!!!

http://youtu.be/XXq5VvYAI1Q

:7up:

Rest in peace, David! :rose:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Wait, your dentist looks like David Bowie or actually like Ziggy Stardust? Cuz Ziggy cleaning teeth would be weeeeiiiiirrrrrdddd!

I also never noticed that sound before, and even re-listening it just sounds "like it's supposed to," but I don't know much about technique/equipment, etc.

Edited by Nova Carmina
  • Like 1

Wait, your dentist looks like David Bowie or actually like Ziggy Stardust? Cuz Ziggy cleaning teeth would be weeeeiiiiirrrrrdddd!

I also never noticed that sound before, and even re-listening it just sounds "like it's supposed to," but I don't know much about technique/equipment, etc.

Ziggy. As soon as he walked through the door, that's who popped into my mind - David Bowie dressed as Ziggy Stardust on the album cover. :)

• Like 1

There's definitely somethin' that sounds out-of tune between the 2 guitars and the bass. But it kinda MAKES it, you know? It has extra attitude.

Oh yeah definitely!

• Like 1