Do you dig Pablo Picasso?

Texas King

Do you dig Pablo Picasso?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you dig Pablo Picasso?

While his work wouldn't make a shortlist of my personal favourites, his talent and influence are undeniable. The breadth of his expression is really quite remarkable, so even if not particularly drawn to his best-known Cubist pieces, one might be surprised to find his other works engaging.

I've always appreciated his daring, and the influence of his inventiveness on other artists. When I first saw his painting titled Embrace in person, I noticed this one big glob of paint from across the gallery room...and proceeded to spend a lot of time with the painting. Although it's not exactly my favourite style, his paint handling in that piece firmly demonstrated for me his place in my lineage as an artist. That aspect of the work doesn't translate so well into a small photograph, but its energy sings in person or in a large, high-resolution image.

• Like 4

While his work wouldn't make a shortlist of my personal favourites, his talent and influence are undeniable. The breadth of his expression is really quite remarkable, so even if not particularly drawn to his best-known Cubist pieces, one might be surprised to find his other works engaging.

I've always appreciated his daring, and the influence of his inventiveness on other artists. When I first saw his painting titled Embrace in person, I noticed this one big glob of paint from across the gallery room...and proceeded to spend a lot of time with the painting. Although it's not exactly my favourite style, his paint handling in that piece firmly demonstrated for me his place in my lineage as an artist. That aspect of the work doesn't translate so well into a small photograph, but its energy sings in person or in a large, high-resolution image.

I knew beanie would come up with something interesting for this subject, so I didn't bother coming in the thread until now. ;)

• Like 1

I knew beanie would come up with something interesting for this subject, so I didn't bother coming in the thread until now. ;)

:LOL:

You're more metal AND smarter than the average duck! ;)

• Like 1

And you're smarter and more metal than the average bean! :notworthy: :haz: :d13:

• Like 1

:goodone:

Nothing quite like seeing a work of art in a gallery to get a full appreciation for it.

• Like 2

And you're smarter and more metal than the average bean! :notworthy: :haz: :d13:

:hail:

• Like 1

Nothing quite like seeing a work of art in a gallery to get a full appreciation for it.

Indeed! That, or getting to live with it in one's own home and spend time studying it in detail (not that I have any Picasso originals kicking around :LOL: )!

• Like 2

While his work wouldn't make a shortlist of my personal favourites, his talent and influence are undeniable. The breadth of his exp<b></b>ression is really quite remarkable, so even if not particularly drawn to his best-known Cubist pieces, one might be surprised to find his other works engaging.

Indeed! That, or getting to live with it in one's own home and spend time studying it in detail (not that I have any Picasso originals kicking around :LOL: )!

When I wake up in the morning and look in the mirror I see one of Picssso’s Cubist paintings.

More specifically though, when I’m TRFing and come across one of fraroc’s posts I feel like Guernica!

• Like 1

:angel:

• Like 1

When I wake up in the morning and look in the mirror I see one of Picssso’s Cubist paintings.

More specifically though, when I’m TRFing and come across one of fraroc’s posts I feel like Guernica!

I've been shopping for mirrors lately and could use a good recommendation--is yours anything like this one? Seems like it would fit right into a multifaceted space :P

http://i.pinimg.com/736x/76/ff/c6/76ffc6b29b58293a9d1ae2e097d5c4b5--diy-mirror-mirror-on-the-wall.jpg

As for feeling like Guernica, well it must be the weight of emotion!

Edited by bean-tor
  • Like 1

:fury:

• Like 1

:AlienSmiley: :aliensmiley: :AlienSmiley:

• Like 1

I see that you've been inspired by this thread and are now making portraits of Cyclonus X-1! :LOL:

I see that you've been inspired by this thread and are now making portraits of Cyclonus X-1! :LOL:

Is he really an alien?? :o

It resembles his avatar! :smoke:

• Like 1

Aha! :dweez:

• Like 1

Yes, and there you've caught him busting a move! :LOL:

• Like 1

Yes, and there you've caught him busting a move! :LOL:

Aye! :LOL:

• Like 1

While his work wouldn't make a shortlist of my personal favourites, his talent and influence are undeniable. The breadth of his exp<b></b>ression is really quite remarkable, so even if not particularly drawn to his best-known Cubist pieces, one might be surprised to find his other works engaging.

Fraroc is more like Dali...a surreal meltdown.
  • Like 1

Fraroc is more like Dali...a surreal meltdown.

:yes: Indeed.

Still, when I come across such surrealistic nightmare posts, my brain fragments into several small, medium, and large pieces. And some of those pieces are disturbed (and disturbing) and violent. Hence, Guernica.

I want peace of mind dammit! :P

Picasso has an important work because he learned how to change techniques at a time when very few people used to do it.

He had a long life recognition due his great friends and marchands.

From each woman he had a new phase on his artwork started and he based himself a lot in each one of them.

He has meaningful masterieces, not only in paiting but also engraving and sculptures.

Good work!

Edited by Verena
  • Like 1