The 2018 QB Draft Class

Lucas

I think Darnold, Allen, and Rosen have "franchise QB" qualities, but as they get more and more picked apart, the flaws will get harped on. None are A.Luck. All of them plus Mayfield look to be gone by top 10-15. From what I've seen, I favor Darnold a slight bit.

Cousins rumors heating up here in Minnesota. We have 3 Cousins types here already. Hope the Vikes don't get all starry eyed and break the bank.

I say Denver should pass and go for Darnold/Allen.

My sentimets exactly !!

I admit that I am intrigued by Mayfield, as he is the compltete opposite to what we suffer thru with Siemian and brifely, Lynch ..

Not sure how Jackson's game will translate, but when Kubiak was the OC in Baltimore, he had Tyrod Taylor and appareantly loved him as the Broncos tried to get him after Manning retired ..

Of the top guys, I don;t see it in Rosen

So, what do you think of the Keenum signing?

*ducks and covers*

What do you think? You obviously have watched him a lot more than I have.

Actually, probably not. I have Sunday Ticket so I mostly watch red zone and the Dolphins with emphasis in the 3 o'clock wine on any national game of significance. He's a journeyman/caretaker/game manager type who will usually have one bad lapse per game (like in the playoffs vs the Saints where he threw a pick that let the Saints back in the game.

I don't think he's any better than Simean (sp); he's not going to make a bad offense respectable or an otherwise average one great. I'd much much rather have one of the guys with upside than a low ceiling guy like Keenum.

Having said that, while Josh Rosen is far superior in arm talent, he seems like a cross between Johnny Football and Jeff George in terms of being a team guy; I would never draft that guy...I'd rather have Keenum if those were the options.

You live in Minnesota and didn't watch every play from your QB?

I'm not a Viking fan.

Are you from Minnesota?

No I grew up in NW Indiana near Chicago. Moved here for work 13 years ago. Have been a Dolphin fan since the late 60s.

You poor confused child. From what I understand, Keenum really came into his own this year and probably will be one of those late bloomer quarterbacks. I have a hunch that Denver has found their man.

We shall see. There's a non zero probability of that. He's probably better than Siemian. And I wasn't really excited when we signed Fiedler either and we saw how well that turned out... ;)

Well, you have another bad signing with your current QB.

I'm not really a Tannehill fan but If rather have him than Keenum. But with the dismantling of the team no one is going to lead the team to the playoffs. But it's necessary with the bad spending done in a lot of cases with Suh (who's good but you can't spend that much of you cap at that position)... While strategically it was necessary to tear down to get to the next successful Miami team, I have no confidence that the current front office are the ones to do it. And when you've only won as many playoff games as the Cowboys over the last 20 years, your fan base is bound to get restless.

I think Darnold, Allen, and Rosen have "franchise QB" qualities, but as they get more and more picked apart, the flaws will get harped on. None are A.Luck. All of them plus Mayfield look to be gone by top 10-15. From what I've seen, I favor Darnold a slight bit.

Cousins rumors heating up here in Minnesota. We have 3 Cousins types here already. Hope the Vikes don't get all starry eyed and break the bank.

My sentimets exactly !!

I admit that I am intrigued by Mayfield, as he is the compltete opposite to what we suffer thru with Siemian and brifely, Lynch ..

Not sure how Jackson's game will translate, but when Kubiak was the OC in Baltimore, he had Tyrod Taylor and appareantly loved him as the Broncos tried to get him after Manning retired ..

*ducks and covers*

Actually, probably not. I have Sunday Ticket so I mostly watch red zone and the Dolphins with emphasis in the 3 o'clock wine on any national game of significance. He's a journeyman/caretaker/game manager type who will usually have one bad lapse per game (like in the playoffs vs the Saints where he threw a pick that let the Saints back in the game.

I don't think he's any better than Simean (sp); he's not going to make a bad offense respectable or an otherwise average one great. I'd much much rather have one of the guys with upside than a low ceiling guy like Keenum.

Having said that, while Josh Rosen is far superior in arm talent, he seems like a cross between Johnny Football and Jeff George in terms of being a team guy; I would never draft that guy...I'd rather have Keenum if those were the options.

I'm not a Viking fan.

Are you from Minnesota?

No I grew up in NW Indiana near Chicago. Moved here for work 13 years ago. Have been a Dolphin fan since the late 60s.

You poor confused child. From what I understand, Keenum really came into his own this year and probably will be one of those late bloomer quarterbacks. I have a hunch that Denver has found their man.

We shall see. There's a non zero probability of that. He's probably better than Siemian. And I wasn't really excited when we signed Fiedler either and we saw how well that turned out... ;)

I'm not really a Tannehill fan but If rather have him than Keenum. But with the dismantling of the team no one is going to lead the team to the playoffs. But it's necessary with the bad spending done in a lot of cases with Suh (who's good but you can't spend that much of you cap at that position)... While strategically it was necessary to tear down to get to the next successful Miami team, I have no confidence that the current front office are the ones to do it. And when you've only won as many playoff games as the Cowboys over the last 20 years, your fan base is bound to get restless.

Correction. 3>2. So the statement above is amended to, if you've only won one more playoff game than the Cowboys have over the last 20 years, your fan base is bound to get restless Mea culpa.

• Like 1

My sentimets exactly !!

*ducks and covers*

My first reaction was relief because it was not Cousins

Gary Kubiak will have a big role in the upcoming draft, and he was the HC with the Texans when Keenum had a decent run there - so there is some familiarity ..

Even with the Keenum singing, the Broncos could still go QB at #5, but at least now it is not set in stone

If I'm going to rate how I feel right now about Keenum, I'd put him somewhere between the Kyle Orton and Jake The Snake signings .... He's not going to flat out lose games like Siemian did - as soon as there was a couple games of tape on Siemian, opposing teams completely took away what little strengths he had ...

The Broncos just took Von Miller's salary and converted it to a singing bonus, freeing up almost 13 mil in cap space for 2018 ... I think Elway is going after either Suh ( who Vance coached in Miami ) or Honeybadger

My sentimets exactly !!

*ducks and covers*

My first reaction was relief because it was not Cousins

Gary Kubiak will have a big role in the upcoming draft, and he was the HC with the Texans when Keenum had a decent run there - so there is some familiarity ..

Even with the Keenum singing, the Broncos could still go QB at #5, but at least now it is not set in stone

If I'm going to rate how I feel right now about Keenum, I'd put him somewhere between the Kyle Orton and Jake The Snake signings .... He's not going to flat out lose games like Siemian did - as soon as there was a couple games of tape on Siemian, opposing teams completely took away what little strengths he had ...

The Broncos just took Von Miller's salary and converted it to a singing bonus, freeing up almost 13 mil in cap space for 2018 ... I think Elway is going after either Suh ( who Vance coached in Miami ) or Honeybadger

They gave Miller a $13 million bonus for imitating Bieber in a Madden commercial?

• Like 1

My sentimets exactly !!

*ducks and covers*

I'm not a Viking fan.

Are you from Minnesota?

Correction. 3>2. So the statement above is amended to, if you've only won one more playoff game than the Cowboys have over the last 20 years, your fan base is bound to get restless Mea culpa.

It's frustrating and the restlessness has subsided because we have become accustomed to Jerry Jones unfortunately. However, I do see a better approach from Stephen Jones in regards to not over paying players. We are still mired with salary cap problems but hopefully it will get turned around in a few years.
  • Like 1

Jets receive 3rd pick in draft from Colts for...

Sixth pick in draft, two seconds this year, and a second next year.

That's a shit ton to give up. Hope they f**k it up again

• Like 2

Over the past few days, I've watched about 10 UCLA games and watched numerous interviews with Josh Rosen, and I've changed my mind ... I wasn't all that familiar with him before, and I'm seeing now what has projected him as a top QB ....

The guy is very very articulate and bright, and the position seems to come very naturally to him .... With some guys, you can see then concentrating on footwork and mechanics as they've probably been coached to the max - but with Rosen, everything seems so natural ..

I'm sold

Edited by Lucas

There is no reason to be down on Keenum. If you set aside his disasterous first year playing on a terrible Houston team in 2013, Keenum's record is consistently one of elevating whatever team he's on. He's got a career winning record, and for the first time ever, with the Vikings, he had an opportunity to show his actual potential.

Serving the first act of his career as a journeyman fill-in he proved he can get it done:

The 2016 Rams wen't 4-5 with Keenum starting under center, and went 0-7 without him.

The 2015 Rams went 3-2 with Keenum and 4-7 without him.

The 2014 Texans went 2-0 with him and 7-7 without him.

And of course Keenum went 12-4 with a solid Vikings team around him last year, including that Minnesota Miracle playoff win. He was the best QB in the league when under pressure last year, and he carried that Favre-esq 'gunslinger' ability to make the risky play when the chips were down.

Keenum has earned his worth as an NFL starter, and I think Denver is going to like having him. He's not a guy who's necessarily going to draw a lot of attention on a Fantasy squad or an individual stat sheet; but the bottom line is that teams with Keenum win games, where the same teams without him do not win as many.

Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 1

Over the past few days, I've watched about 10 UCLA games and watched numerous interviews with Josh Rosen, and I've changed my mind ... I wasn't all that familiar with him before, and I'm seeing now what has projected him as a top QB ....

The guy is very very articulate and bright, and the position seems to come very naturally to him .... With some guys, you can see then concentrating on footwork and mechanics as they've probably been coached to the max - but with Rosen, everything seems so natural ..

I'm sold

I wouldn't want him on my team. He seems too "me first" to me. The talent, and even intelligence, may be there, but there are red flags about his attitude.

It would be interesting to see what impressions front offices got in their F2Fs.