The duckBlaze GODS of the Cinema thread

JohnnyBlaze

GODS of the Cinema  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your top 5 cinema gods from this group.

• Gene Hackman
    • Spencer Tracy
    • Gene Wilder
    • Robert Shaw
    • Anthony Quinn
    • James Coburn
    • Morgan Freeman
    • Russell Crowe
    • Mickey Rourke
    • Michael Keaton
    • Edward G. Robinson
    • Ed Harris
    • Peter Finch
    • Tom Berenger
    • William Hurt
    • John Hurt
    • Charles Bronson
    • Jeff Goldblum
    • Willem Dafoe
    • Jeremy Irons
    • John Cusack
    • Forrest Whittaker
    • Nick Nolte
    • Liam Neeson
    • Robert Mitchum
    • Harvey Keitel
    • Bill Murray
    • Eli Wallach
    • Sylvester Stallone
    • Alec Guinness
    • Viggo Mortenson
    • Cary Grant
    • James Stewart
    • Samuel L. Jackson
    • James Garner
    • Tommy Lee Jones
    • Richard Burton
    • Max Von Sydow
    • Javier Bardem
    • Kurt Russell
  2. 2. Pick your next top 5 from this group.

• Sidney Poitier
    • Rod Steiger
    • Charleton Heston
    • Yul Brynner
    • Denzel Washington
    • Paul Newman
    • James Woods
    • Alan Arkin
    • Ernest Borgnine
    • Robin Williams
    • Jeff Bridges
    • Yaphett Kotto
    • Steve McQueen
    • Philip Seymour Hoffman
    • John Malkovich
    • Laurence Fishburne
    • Michael Caine
    • Laurence Olivier
    • Anthony Perkins
    • James Caan
    • Ralph Fiennes
    • Robert Downey Jr.
    • John Gielgud
    • John Cassavetes
    • Donald Pleasance
    • Christopher Lee
    • Peter Cushing
    • Ray Liotta
    • Malcolm McDowell
    • Lee Marvin
    • Jack Nicholson
    • Anthony Hopkins
    • Daniel Day Lewis
    • Gary Oldman
    • Henry Fonda
    • Gregory Peck
    • Jack Lemmon
    • Dennis Hopper
    • Charles Grodin
    • Walter Matthau
  3. 3. Do it again. Pick your top 5 from this gang.

• Kirk Douglas
    • Burt Lancaster
    • Harrison Ford
    • Peter Sellers
    • Robert Duvall
    • Orson Welles
    • Kevin Spacey
    • Clint Eastwood
    • Peter O' Toole
    • Ben Kingsley
    • George C. Scott
    • Jason Robards
    • Tom Hanks
    • Charles Laughton
    • James Cagney
    • Val Kilmer
    • Herbert Lom
    • William Holden
    • Christopher Plummer
    • Christopher Walken
    • Joe Pesci
    • Ian McKellen
    • Jon Voight
    • Geoffrey Rush
    • Christian Bale
    • Martin Sheen
    • Oliver Reed
    • Patrick Stewart
    • Richard Harris
    • Michael Fassbender
    • Brian Dennehy
    • Dustin Hoffman
    • Donald Sutherland
    • Rutger Hauer
    • Roy Scheider
    • Richard Dreyfuss
    • Vincent Price
    • Al Pacino
    • Robert DeNiro
    • Roddy McDowell

This is turning into quite an interesting poll, don't forget to vote people. :hail:

No way! Too many fogotten gods. :madra: :nya nya:

Stan Laurel, Oliver Hardy, Charlie Chaplin, Harold Lloyd, Bill Travers, Oscar Werner, Klaus Kinski, Errol Flynn, Lex Barker, Jürgen Prochnow, Edward Norton, Mel Gibson, Johnny Depp...

This is turning into quite an interesting poll, don't forget to vote people. :hail:

Stan Laurel, Oliver Hardy, Charlie Chaplin, Harold Lloyd, Bill Travers, Oscar Werner, Klaus Kinski, Errol Flynn, Lex Barker, Jürgen Prochnow, Edward Norton, Mel Gibson, Johnny Depp...

Some of those were dropped because 120 was the limit.

• Like 1

I can see straight off the bat that at least 3 were dropped. Not saying which ones though

I can see straight off the bat that at least 3 were dropped. Not saying which ones though

Aye.

I voted and yes, it was tough!

You can expect your duckBlaze GODS of the Cinema decal in the mail within the next 5-7 days.

http://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/522214442537201664/ii7ecPxE.png

We appreciate your vote :blaze:

:sundog:

To Greyfriar and anyone else who doesn't like the poll options: why don't you make your own poll? You can put whoever you like in it, and I'll vote in that poll. So get busy and I'll see what you got. :hail:

I thought about starting a forgotten gods poll (as an addition to this one) but I'm to tired at the moment. I think it would take too much time and complaining is a lot easier. :D-13: :moon:

I swear I don't rain on your parade any longer, even if I could easily name 10-20 more great actors that didn't make your list. I appreciate the work you put into this and I understand that it's impossible to make anyone happy with such a mammoth project. Hats off to you guys... :cheers:

• Like 3

To Greyfriar and anyone else who doesn't like the poll options: why don't you make your own poll? You can put whoever you like in it, and I'll vote in that poll. So get busy and I'll see what you got. :hail:

I thought about starting a forgotten gods poll (as an addition to this one) but I'm to tired at the moment. I think it would take too much time and complaining is a lot easier. :D-13: :moon:

I swear I don't rain on your parade any longer, even if I could easily name 10-20 more great actors that didn't make your list. I appreciate the work you put into this and I understand that it's impossible to make anyone happy with such a mammoth project. Hats off to you guys... :cheers:

:cheers: :ebert:

• Like 1

My surprise was Forrest Whittaker but I see he has another vote. :cheers: and :ebert:

Yes, I had almost forgotten him in the latter stages when we were thinking of guys. But then I thought Ghost Dog and Last King of Scotland and....

A real sleeper, but I've never seen a performance of his where he wasn't mesmerizing in some way.

He was great in the Crying Game.

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

My surprise was Forrest Whittaker but I see he has another vote. :cheers: and :ebert:

Yes, I had almost forgotten him in the latter stages when we were thinking of guys. But then I thought Ghost Dog and Last King of Scotland and....

A real sleeper, but I've never seen a performance of his where he wasn't mesmerizing in some way.

He was great in the Crying Game.

I like Forrest but I didn't suggest him, mostly because at the time i was suggesting so many other guys. So it was JB who brought him in.

.. and no De Niro ??

De Niro and Pacino were on the original list and in the original suggestions we made so I don't know how they slipped out. It's just we have a lot of names here to deal with.

He was one of the first names I jotted down!

But he's in the there now.

Anything else Lucas?

Actually yes

:LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H3KaLZsbv0

This guy was in from the start but right at the end I took him out in favour of Robert Shaw.

Yup Lucas. I had Woody written 3rd but duck argued the case for Shaw. I reasoned that Woody's a writer first, director second, and actor third much like Geddy is a bassist, vocalist, and keyboardist in that same order

Yeah he just plays small parts in his films here and there. He's not really been an actor since the 60's or 70's.

Woody Allen hasn't been an actor since the 60s or 70s ??

Small parts ??

If you are looking at his acting ability - take, for example, Annie Hall - could be considered one of the greatest films of all time .. Woody Allen, the actor, made that film ..

What other actor could take the status Annie Hall has earned and made it better ?? .. Who is going to play that role ??

And Duck, I have no idea what you are taking about in regards to Woody not being an actor since the 70s ( ?? )

Hannah And Her Sisters, Manhattan Murder Mystery, Zelig, Broadway Danny Rose, Mighty Aphrodite, Deconstructing Harry - great films thru the 90s

He's 81 years old now

.. and no De Niro ??

De Niro and Pacino were on the original list and in the original suggestions we made so I don't know how they slipped out. It's just we have a lot of names here to deal with.

Anything else Lucas?

Actually yes

This guy was in from the start but right at the end I took him out in favour of Robert Shaw.

Yup Lucas. I had Woody written 3rd but duck argued the case for Shaw. I reasoned that Woody's a writer first, director second, and actor third much like Geddy is a bassist, vocalist, and keyboardist in that same order

Yeah he just plays small parts in his films here and there. He's not really been an actor since the 60's or 70's.

Small parts ??

If you are looking at his acting ability - take, for example, Annie Hall - could be considered one of the greatest films of all time .. Woody Allen, the actor, made that film ..

What other actor could take the status Annie Hall has earned and made it better ?? .. Who is going to play that role ??

And Duck, I have no idea what you are taking about in regards to Woody not being an actor since the 70s ( ?? )

Hannah And Her Sisters, Manhattan Murder Mystery, Zelig, Broadway Danny Rose, Mighty Aphrodite, Deconstructing Harry - great films thru the 90s

He's 81 years old now

He's a director who acts, a little bit like John Huston.

.. and no De Niro ??

Anything else Lucas?

Actually yes

Small parts ??

He's 81 years old now

What actor could have made Annie Hall better ??

.. and no De Niro ??

Anything else Lucas?

Actually yes

Small parts ??

He's 81 years old now

What actor could have made Annie Hall better ??

I don't rate the guy, what else can I tell you?