Ghost Rider

Lorraine

Ghost Rider...

This whole album (Vapor Trails) is really powerful for me. A very close friend of mine (HUGE Rush fan) was dealing with an aggressive brain tumor...and VT came out when he came out of remission. He was gone several months later, but not before he saw Rush two final times... we went to his last show together (Irvine). The whole record reminds me of him. Bless you Tom Shannon.

and now, it occurs to me that Ghost Rider also reminds me of the road I have traveled over the past several years... metaphoric loss, as opposed to actual death. Death of relationship, death of old life while a new life is becoming real.

Shadows on the road behind

Shadows on the road ahead

Nothing can stop you now

Sunrise in the mirror

Lightens that invisible load

Riding on a nameless quest

Haunting that wilderness road

Like a ghost rider

Hearing it live in Irvine that year was wonderful.

A very touching story.

"Don't Touch Me There"

Love,

The Tubes

Be careful...

Incidents of "Telecide" are on the rise. Do you know where your Remote Control Is?

Love,

Fee and Todd

Love it. It has a very dramatic feel musically, which matches the lyrics perfectly. Anyone notice that Whenever Neil writes one that is personal, romantic, and/or straightforward it is really well done. Ghost of a Chance, Limelight, and Losing it also come to mind.

Sometimes. In the case of Limelight, Losing It, and Ghost Rider, I'd agree. Ghost of a Chance, though not bad, doesn't grab me like some of Peart's top shelf lyrics.

Many 21st century Peart lyrics are deeply personal yet most of it doesn't grab me one bit.

As much as I enjoy "Vapor Trails", this is one tune I always skip.

I can't shake the Marvel comic image of "Ghost Rider", and I find the arrangement a little overlong or overcooked or maybe even both.

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/ghost-rider/14-1.jpg

Agree. Love Vapor trails, the emotions, anomalies, melodies, heart on the sleeve aspect, the lot. But I find Ghost rider clunky, just not as honestly captured as the rest of the tracks.

Melodies?

Where?

I find the melodies for these lines going through my head all the time:

"Such a cloudy day, seems we'll never see the sun..."

"Oh, sweet miracle...oh, sweet miracle..."

"The way out is the way in..."

And Earthshine.

• Like 1