The 2017-2018 NHL Thread

blueschica

The only thing I can think right now is that things are setting up for the Capitals to do what they do best, collapse in epic fashion. The only thing more epic than blowing a 2 game lead in the conference finals is to blow a three game lead. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Caps win the next game at home only to drop 4 straight after that. That’s the only thing that makes any sense at this point.

Go Caps............and take the Wizards, Nats, and Redskins with you!

Edited by thesweetscience

Just got home from Amalie,

:facepalm: & :( is all I can come up with now.

I will comment more after digesting (for a little minute) what I witnessed tonight...

Lets GO lightning!!!

:hockeygoon:

:geddy: Lightning reactions must be carefully trained. :geddy:
  • Like 3

The only thing I can think right now is that things are setting up for the Capitals to do what they do best, collapse in epic fashion. The only thing more epic than blowing a 2 game lead in the conference finals is to blow a three game lead. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Caps win the next game at home only to drop 4 straight after that. That’s the only thing that makes any sense at this point.

I'd be surprised if they sweep the Lightning, but they don't even need to win all of the games in Washington to move on anymore. I think you can exhale, TSS. :)

I'd be surprised if they sweep the Lightning, but they don't even need to win all of the games in Washington to move on anymore. I think you can exhale, TSS. :)

Never! The team has burned me way too many times.

• Like 1

Whew, well here we are game 3 of the conference finals! I am still in a haze of dismay of the results of game 1&2. I know my Sticks of Fire are a much better team than what I had the privilege of watching (live) at home. Without dissing on the Caps it is hard for me to tell if they're that much better than us or we are just playing way below our level? I do realize respect is earned for ANY team that makes it this far in today's NHL. I really think if me Bolts cannot figure out how to correct & overcome what the Caps have been doing to us and do what the Caps may not expect, it maybe be a very short series :( I do agree with reports from the national media that tonight is as close to a must win since game 7 in the conference finals 2016 against the blueschica Pens (one we lost). I (& the city of Tampa) just hope the team that showed up for games 3,4,& 5 of round 2 make an appearance tonight! the odds are now against us but winning 4 at this point is not impossible! It all starts with a win tonight...

Lets GO Lightning!!!

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

Whew, well here we are game 3 of the conference finals! I am still in a haze of dismay of the results of game 1&2. I know my Sticks of Fire are a much better team than what I had the privilege of watching (live) at home. Without dissing on the Caps it is hard for me to tell if they're that much better than us or we are just playing way below our level? I do realize respect is earned for ANY team that makes it this far in today's NHL. I really think if me Bolts cannot figure out how to correct & overcome what the Caps have been doing to us and do what the Caps may not expect, it maybe be a very short series :( I do agree with reports from the national media that tonight is as close to a must win since game 7 in the conference finals 2016 against the blueschica Pens (one we lost). I (& the city of Tampa) just hope the team that showed up for games 3,4,& 5 of round 2 make an appearance tonight! the odds are now against us but winning 4 at this point is not impossible! It all starts with a win tonight...

Lets GO Lightning!!!

While the Bruins puked up a 3-0 lead in 2010, so it CAN happen, the reality is if the Lightning go down tonight, in all likelihood it’s over.