ABZ's Football (Soccer) Thread!!

ABZ Highlander

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (nimagraven @ Feb 11 2008, 02:45 PM)
They've lost to City so they're obviously not a big club anymore....

beathorse.gif  laugh.gif

rofl3.gif

Its much more enjoyable when the win is:-

i) one in which City actually played well and..

ii) in front of their own fans for the first time since "Law in 74"

QUOTE (arctangent @ Feb 12 2008, 09:55 AM)
ha! five points clear! 653.gif

where are all the man u fans when you want to point and laugh?

2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):

rickyrob, plodder

laugh.gif

QUOTE (arctangent @ Feb 12 2008, 03:55 AM)
ha! five points clear! 653.gif

where are all the man u fans when you want to point and laugh?

Was trying to find something on youtube of the "funeral march" music but I can't get sound on this machine... Bugger! tongue.gif.

cheer.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Feb 17 2008, 11:54 PM)
Ouch.

Where are all the Arsenal fans when you want to point and laugh?

wink.gif

Where were the United fans LAST week??

You can't gloat if you do the same things yourself.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Feb 17 2008, 10:54 PM)
Ouch.

Where are all the Arsenal fans when you want to point and laugh?

wink.gif

coooeeee! over here!

yes, we did take a bit of a thumping. but we did only have 11 fit players (basically those that started the game) and fabregas is recovering from a virus. and you would think the second richest club in the world could a decent pitch rather than than a cross between a ploughed field and a swamp (which they decided wasn't wet and sticky enough, so they watered it at half time). the ref also let man u payers get away with challenges that were as bad as eboue's but then again that is to be expected at old trafford. and we had more than one eye on wednesday's game, me thinks. and we caught the backlash from the man city defeat and just weren't up for it.

and of course, it was only the fa cup wink.gif

i bet you are. a good if slightly fortuitous win. the ref seemed very biased towards liverpool (materazzi's two yellows were very soft) until it came to the penalty at which point he decided to even it up by not awarding it sad.gif

after the sending off, why it took so long to get crouch on the pitch i don't know. their defence were very short without materazzi and he seemed to make a big difference when he came on.

persistance pays off though! and ultimately its no more than liverpool deserved. if that's the best italy has to offer, i dread to think how poor all the other italian teams are. hopefully i'll find out how poor ac milan are tonight wink.gif

really disappointed this morning. arsenal put in such a good performance without getting their reward. milan were content to defend for almost the entire 90 minutes. flamini kept kaka quiet, senderos had the game of his life, hleb and fabregas ran the game and lehmann probably fell asleep.

shame adebayor didn't have his shooting boots on last night and the header he missed right at the end seemed easier to score than hit the crossbar.

i think we do stand a chance in the san sero. we have won there before and the pressure will all be on milan. they will have to attack more than they did last night which should leave us more room. and if we could score first, they would have to get 2 to go through.

I rate Crouch tbh. I rate him more than Kuyt. Sometimes he does make a big difference to a game. I just wish he was better with his head! He's so tall you'd think he'd have perfected it (Or maybe he is TOO tall in this case).

Well, I didn't see the Arsenal game, but saw the Man U one. Gotta say Man U are up to their usual tricks of scoring last minute again lol. Jammiest sods ever smile.gif.

Felt a bit sorry for Celtic this morning :/.

QUOTE (nimagraven @ Feb 21 2008, 10:14 AM)
I rate Crouch tbh. I rate him more than Kuyt. Sometimes he does make a big difference to a game. I just wish he was better with his head! He's so tall you'd think he'd have perfected it (Or maybe he is TOO tall in this case).

i remember rather too well the hat trick he scored against us last season sad.gif

QUOTE (nimagraven @ Feb 21 2008, 10:14 AM)
Well, I didn't see the Arsenal game, but saw the Man U one. Gotta say Man U are up to their usual tricks of scoring last minute again lol. Jammiest sods ever smile.gif.

Felt a bit sorry for Celtic this morning :/.

yeah, jammy sods. from what i heard man u weren't that good and ronaldo went missing again. they played so well last saturday without him too.

i don't think celtic stand a snowball in hell's chance. barca are so strong at the camp nou. and celtic can't have done that well, despite leading twice... they let henry score for goodness sake!

wink.gif

QUOTE (Milton Bridge @ Feb 22 2008, 04:18 PM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Feb 21 2008, 01:19 PM)
I reckon Celtic can pull it off.

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

No rofl3.gif

This might explain my hilarity

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/sodor/05357276400.jpg

There's on;y one team in Europe cheer.gif cheer.gif

QUOTE (Milton Bridge @ Feb 22 2008, 04:28 PM)

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

No rofl3.gif

rofl3.gif

Erm, although this is a Euro match and I basically support all our Brit teams in Europe, the chances of the Bhoys winning by a two-goal margin in Barcelona is about the same as Derby County escaping relegation from the Premiership.

It would be good, but somehow I don't think it will happen.

Go Gers 1287.gif common001.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Feb 23 2008, 12:16 PM)
QUOTE (Milton Bridge @ Feb 22 2008, 04:28 PM)

No rofl3.gif

rofl3.gif

Erm, although this is a Euro match and I basically support all our Brit teams in Europe, the chances of the Bhoys winning by a two-goal margin in Barcelona is about the same as Derby County escaping relegation from the Premiership.

It would be good, but somehow I don't think it will happen.

Go Gers 1287.gif common001.gif trink39.gif

It's entirely possible!

Although i'll be supporting barca, anything can happen in Europe.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Feb 23 2008, 03:36 PM)
Although i'll be supporting barca, .

Why?

confused13.gif

I'm a Rangers fan, but would still support Celtic going through.

I'll give you 10/1 Celtic.

Archived