Fish solo vs non-Fish Marillion

YYZumbi

9 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer the most?

• Fish solo
    • non-Fish Marillion

This is easy for me. The new singer in "Marillion" is really bad, and they have changed their sound a lot since Fish left. Not the same band at all anymore.

And Fish have done some really good solo stuff as well!

This is easy for me. The new singer in "Marillion" is really bad, and they have changed their sound a lot since Fish left. Not the same band at all anymore.

There's nothing wrong with Steve Hogarth as a singer, but they need to write music that doesn't suck.

There's nothing wrong with Steve Hogarth as a singer.

You kidding me? I saw him live a couple of years ago (when I just got into Marillion, I did not know it was a new singer), and it was terrible. Im telling you, he can´t sing for shit!

• Like 1

Love them both. Funny thing is I thought it went south for both from about 1993 to 1995 with Brave, Afraid of Sunlight, Songs From The Mirror and Suits but they recovered nicely with This Strange Engine and Sunsets On Empire and it's been great since (save for maybe Field Of Crows by Fish.)

But other than that, can't get enough of both really, especially live.

You kidding me? I saw him live a couple of years ago (when I just got into Marillion, I did not know it was a new singer), and it was terrible. Im telling you, he can´t sing for shit!

He sings like he's got a constant head cold. they really couldn't have found someone better. the thing is they do write good tunes on occasion. for me it's totally Hogarth. he sucks.

Mick

He sings like he's got a constant head cold. they really couldn't have found someone better. the thing is they do write good tunes on occasion. for me it's totally Hogarth. he sucks.

Mick

Don't really have a problem with Hogarth unless he tries to sing Fish songs, anything from Brave and probably Cannibal Surf Babe.