Your most fave movie villain?

Texas King

Hey Goose, have you watched World Of Kanako yet ??

There's about five candidates for this thread

Watched 1/2 of it early this morning. It's interesting, but a more of a challenge to watch than the energy I had.

The film is brilliantly filled with creepy teenagers.

OK...finished it today. The second half really was outstanding. The enfolded rave party cutaways interject a playfulness that simultaneously lightens the mood and illuminates Kanako's truly sociopathic nature. Not a film to be enjoyed, but experienced.

great !!

Goose, about the ending:

Do you feel it dragged on a bit too long ?? .. I;ve watched it twice now, and the first time I was just a little let down with the ending .. But the second time around, it sat better with me .. It's a hard film to wrap up and end - I had no idea how they were going to do it

During the end, I wasn't sure about the choice to bring it full circle. I thought the point had been made pretty well. The extended ending didn't detract from the film, but really didn't add much for me.

Here's a pretty good breakdown of the plot, presented in a linear fashion.

http://www.thisisbar...-Plot-Explained

I disagree with this part, though:

The author here seems to suggest that the father's abuse led to Kanako becoming the sociopath that she was. I see it more being a case of Kanako's true nature, which led to her father's rage,

Edited by goose
  • Like 1