Your first song by Rush?

Texas King

Tom Sawyer is the first song I ever heard and that got the ball rolling. The funny thing is I really hardly listen to Tom Sawyer now. So much great stuff.

Isn't it always that way though.. I love Zeppelin but never listen to stairway. I used to be a huge Doors fan but never listen to Light my fire..

I suppose most regular people off the streets to name a Rush song if they could Tom sawyer would be the one they would say the most. I love the song, but after really diving into the music there is so much more complex and intense stuff then that song and really that album.

Truth.

I don't think I can remember, honestly.

I can narrow it down to a few- Fly By Night, Closer to the Heart, Xanadu.

My brother introduced me to so much stuff all at once, which is why I can't recall exactly which song was first (and besides which, I was six years old). That was about 1979.

I loved it, right from the start!

• Like 1

I don't think I can remember the exact first Rush song I heard, it was probably "Tom Sawyer". I kind of have scattered memories of hearing other Rush songs, though. So, any one of these could have been the first - "Malignant Narcissism" was one I heard on Music Choice back in 2007 or 2008. Or it could have been "Animate" when I found the Counterparts album in my parents bedroom. Otherwise, it was probably "Tom Sawyer" or another well-known song of theirs.