Fleetwood Mac era of your choice?

Texas King

Fleetwood Mac eras?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which FM era you like better?

• Pre-Stevie Nicks era (1968-1974)
    • Stevie Nicks era (1975-)?

I still love her voice. She has a smoky, ethereal vibe about her and the voice has aged appropriately.

McVie is great but in all honesty...more than Buckingham or Nick's, her songs merge together a little too much for me.

• Like 2

The Bob Welch era. Gold.

I heard Hypnotized on XM's Deep Tracks a couple of weeks ago. Amazing song. I voted for pre Nicks, but more so because all of the post Nicks music is just worn out. There is no denying that for pop music, it's pretty good stuff...but FM radio has destroyed it for me. The pre Nicks stuff is still fresh to my ears, and when I hear some of it on the radio (XM does have some great variety), it's really a treat.
  • Like 2

I don't think they would have become as popular as they did if it hadn't been for Stevie.

it was her voice for sure but i think moreso her aura.

Forgive me but if i'm not in the right mood.....she's a little goat-ish to me, lol

that vibrato.

Mick

• Like 1

I don't think they would have become as popular as they did if it hadn't been for Stevie.

She has a very unique voice that I find captivating. Captivating or not, after you hear her sing a song for the 1,472nd time, it loses something. :LOL:
  • Like 2

Forgive me but if i'm not in the right mood.....she's a little goat-ish to me, lol

that vibrato.

Mick

It's hard to take this seriously from a Tom Waits fan haha

I love her voice. It's one of a kind. And all her albums have been interesting to me.

She has a very unique voice that I find captivating. Captivating or not, after you hear her sing a song for the 1,472nd time, it loses something. :LOL:

Agreed. But I've never been overexposed to Stevie. I discovered Fleetwood Mac on my own and the only person who would ever be to blame for hearing too much Mac or Stevie would be me!

• Like 1

that vibrato.

Mick

I love her voice. It's one of a kind. And all her albums have been interesting to me.

hey i never said Waits can't get on my nerves, lol

but Stevie REALLY can in the wrong mindset.

but she is indeed unique

Mick

that vibrato.

Mick

but she is indeed unique

Mick

I don't find her voice gets in my nerves...but a couple of her albums are full of crap.

But to be honest of all the FM solo careers, I love hers and don't really like any of the others. She is the only one I can enjoy for entire albums outside of the Mac.

• Like 2

that vibrato.

Mick

but she is indeed unique

Mick

I don't find her voice gets in my nerves...but a couple of her albums are full of crap.

But to be honest of all the FM solo careers, I love hers and don't really like any of the others. She is the only one I can enjoy for entire albums outside of the Mac.

it's all about Buckingham to me. had it been JUST stevie........would have tossed the band aside. like truthfully.

I learned to love everyone. but that initial viewing of the Dance.....no one else thrilled me.

but they all clicked with me eventually.

Mick

that vibrato.

Mick

but she is indeed unique

Mick

it's all about Buckingham to me. had it been JUST stevie........would have tossed the band aside. like truthfully.

I learned to love everyone. but that initial viewing of the Dance.....no one else thrilled me.

but they all clicked with me eventually.

Mick

That DVD was owned by Stevie for me. Me and my family were in awe if her Gypsy.

However the best ever version of I'm So Afraid is on it. The album version has never impressed me.

• Like 2