GENESIS VS. YES! GENEYES? From Genesis To Revelation To Heaven & Earth! Calling All Stations!

RUSHHEAD666

Genesis Vs. Yes! "I'm Feeling Shipwrecked" on "Tales From Topographic Oceans!"   

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which Progressive Rock Band Do You Love The Most?? No Ties! American Football And Futbol Suck! Ties?

• HELL YES!! GENESIS!!!
    • YES!!! NO TO GENESIS!

I like both bands a lot and got into them both before I got into Rush heavily. Yes over Genesis though. Genesis is a bit over rated. I mean there seems to be lots of folks who like Genesis who don't know Yes. That could partly be because of the huge success of later Genesis though. Kind of the same thing with Pink Floyd. I'm just glad to see Yes mentioned on this site.

I like both bands a lot and got into them both before I got into Rush heavily. Yes over Genesis though. Genesis is a bit over rated. I mean there seems to be lots of folks who like Genesis who don't know Yes. That could partly be because of the huge success of later Genesis though. Kind of the same thing with Pink Floyd. I'm just glad to see Yes mentioned on this site.

IMO this is the kind of site where Yes are probably even a little more well known than Genesis, at least in their prog eras anyway. I feel like most everyone here has a level of open reverence for at least CTTE which comes of sporadically in conversation, whereas I don't usually see something like Foxtrot or SEBTP get much of a mention or love unless Genesis or prog Rock in general is the subject of conversation. Like, I never see people comparing Genesis and Rush albums, but CTTE vs. Hems isn't an uncommon debate.