Rush new documentary

rugen

I've watched it three times by now. In my heart I knew it was over last year after I'd seen them in New Orleans. When I got home after that show I cried really hard... I knew it was over and I was glad I had one more show to go to at the time.

The documentary has some very sad moments indeed. Esp. the part where Alex wraps his arm around Geddy after the LA show :(

But on the other hand Alex cracked me up big time with his grungy version of Subdivisions :LMAO: That brought tears to my eyes as well, but those were happy ones. There really should have been a bonus feature of him doing hilarious stuff on/off stage over the years on this DVD :LOL:

I forgot about Alex's rant during the soundcheck. That was great and gave me a big laugh too! As well as the part where he says "the bag kinda talked like this" while doing the funny voice. I so wanted him to keep going and do the whole routine.

And although the occasion was certainly sad, I found the scene of Alex and Geddy arm-in-arm kind of uplifting. Like even though they had to say goodbye to Rush, they still had each other.

That voice they both do for Ace cracks me up too. I never heard Ace talk so I don't know what he really sounds like.

• Like 1

I've watched it three times by now. In my heart I knew it was over last year after I'd seen them in New Orleans. When I got home after that show I cried really hard... I knew it was over and I was glad I had one more show to go to at the time.

The documentary has some very sad moments indeed. Esp. the part where Alex wraps his arm around Geddy after the LA show :(

But on the other hand Alex cracked me up big time with his grungy version of Subdivisions :LMAO: That brought tears to my eyes as well, but those were happy ones. There really should have been a bonus feature of him doing hilarious stuff on/off stage over the years on this DVD :LOL:

I forgot about Alex's rant during the soundcheck. That was great and gave me a big laugh too! As well as the part where he says "the bag kinda talked like this" while doing the funny voice. I so wanted him to keep going and do the whole routine.

And although the occasion was certainly sad, I found the scene of Alex and Geddy arm-in-arm kind of uplifting. Like even though they had to say goodbye to Rush, they still had each other.

It was very touching and comforting. I deeply appreciated that shot.

It ´s been always said that Neil was the new guy....confirmed. I´d have loved to see them together talking about the tour, the last show.....for some reason did not happen....something just does not feel right ....dunno. :codger:

It ´s been always said that Neil was the new guy....confirmed. I´d have loved to see them together talking about the tour, the last show.....for some reason did not happen....something just does not feel right ....dunno. :codger:

Yeah it would've been nice to have more footage of the three of them together but it sounds like emotions were high and some feelings were hurt so we have to be happy to get what we got.

• Like 1

They are never together. It's always Alex and Geddy. Then Neil someplace else being interviewed alone.

I'll tell you what I think - the problem is Geddy. I think what Tombstone said a few times isn't far off the mark. I think there's a rivalry for Alex.

In this documentary, I saw a side of Geddy I never saw before.

• Like 1

That voice they both do for Ace cracks me up too. I never heard Ace talk so I don't know what he really sounds like.

Ace was famous for having a sort of high voice when he got excited (re:drunk) and his laugh was legendary. Sort of a Curly "nyuck nyuck nyuck".

• Like 2

They are never together. It's always Alex and Geddy. Then Neil someplace else being interviewed alone.

I'll tell you what I think - the problem is Geddy. I think what Tombstone said a few times isn't far off the mark. I think there's a rivalry for Alex.

His left side?

You mean the human side or something specific?

Ace was famous for having a sort of high voice when he got excited (re:drunk) and his laugh was legendary. Sort of a Curly "nyuck nyuck nyuck".

I remember seeing a video on YouTube that was just different takes from interviews of him laughing.

• Like 1

I remember seeing a video on YouTube that was just different takes from interviews of him laughing.

https://youtu.be/NHDrEJoAFZw

Thanks. I was too lazy to go look it up myself. :P

• Like 1

Thanks. I was too lazy to go look it up myself. :P

Ha!

• Like 1

During KISS's 1979 appearance on Tom Snyder's show, Ace is clearly drunk and laughs up a storm, turning what would've been just a ho-hum interview into a classic. Gene, always taking everything so seriously, gets visibly pissed off.

And yes, Curly is a good comp to Ace's voice.

Edit: I see that most of the Tom Snyder highlights are included in the Ace compilation clip. Good find! :)

Edited by TexMike
  • Like 1

His left side?

Please, Eagle.

I'm not some silly star struck Rush fan. I'm well aware that these men are human.

Edited by Lorraine

His left side?

Please, Eagle.

I'm not some silly star struck Rush fan. I'm well aware that these men are human.

I think you're taking that in a different way than I meant it. I just meant that he can get angry like anyone else.