OMFG Segue....

fraroc

Stressed Out, Segue?

My name's Blurryface and I care what you think

Love that song.

Wish we could turn back time to the good old days...

great tune

Why did I hear Cher when I saw your post? :LOL:

• Like 2

Fraroc I want to know more what you think about DA. Then I will post some songs!

Stressed Out, Segue?

Love that song.

great tune

Not the same song.

But I love that Cher song as well!!

#mytasteinmusicisyourface

Stressed Out, Segue?

Love that song.

great tune

Not the same song.

But I love that Cher song as well!!

#mytasteinmusicisyourface

I like Cher. I wanted to BE her when I was a kid. Of course Sonny was a little pimple hanging on her backside.

• Like 1

Stressed Out, Segue?

Love that song.

great tune

Wish we could turn back time, to the good old days

When our momma sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out

YAAAASSSSSS

I'm glad I am not alone in liking some aspect of this band!

This song reeled me in.

I love them. Not sure if I am a permanent fan or of this is just a current obsession soon to pass, but they've been my rock in recent weeks.

Hey, I'm also not really sure what I really think of 21P, at the moment.

A patient at work introduced me to Stressed Out about 2 weeks ago and I really like that killer chorus. I dig that song and some of the moods of the album. Sounds like a resumption of DJ Rap and Kosheen, well, at first impression.

Stressed Out, Segue?

Love that song.

great tune

YAAAASSSSSS

I'm glad I am not alone in liking some aspect of this band!

This song reeled me in.

I love them. Not sure if I am a permanent fan or of this is just a current obsession soon to pass, but they've been my rock in recent weeks.

Hey, I'm also not really sure what I really think of 21P, at the moment.

A patient at work introduced me to Stressed Out about 2 weeks ago and I really like that killer chorus. I dig that song and some of the moods of the album. Sounds like a resumption of DJ Rap and Kosheen, well, at first impression.

I think for a popular band their is something really special about them. Some very witty lyrics and killer melodies abound and I found a lot of it very comforting!

When Dark Adrenaline came out it was like a soothing tonic after the slightly wobbly Shallow Life era.

Always adored it! Every song is killer!

I just listened to The House Of Shame and while I'm not a massive fan of the death growl, Cristina sounded JUST like Amy Lee on that song.

I just listened to The House Of Shame and while I'm not a massive fan of the death growl, Cristina sounded JUST like Amy Lee on that song.

I never got that from her vocals on that song. It just sounds like Cristina singing in a higher register to me. There are some similarities with both bands sounds. But once you dig in deeper to their catalog and really listen to them, you'll find that there are a lot more differences.

Cristina and Amy Lee honestly don't sound alike.

Seriously stop comparing...Cri has had her own voice and sound since the early nineties and her work is a lot more varied than Amy's.

Not arguing she has a better voice, but you have to stop comparing every female in metal to each other.

• Like 1

Seriously stop comparing...Cri has had her own voice and sound since the early nineties and her work is a lot more varied than Amy's.

Not arguing she has a better voice, but you have to stop comparing every female in metal to each other.

Nevertheless, one of the coolest parts of that song was during Cristinas verses when Andrea did a death growl and Cristina belted a high note simultaneously. That, to me was just...unbelievably cool how the two different voices juxtaposed each other.

Edited by fraroc

Nevertheless, one of the coolest parts of that song was during Cristinas verses when Andrea did a death growl and Cristina belted a high note simultaneously. That, to me was just...unbelievably cool how the two different voices juxtaposed each other.

Agreed!

Actually I am really partial to the growls on that album. I would say, though, that I think you should try Comalies (released a year before Fallen) and Broken Crown Halo.

I know Andrea Ferro is an acquired taste for many. But I love his voice.

Bon Jovi- New Jersey

Near flawless pop metal!

I think...I love Lacuna Coil now.

Today, this kickass song came on in a "Spotify radio" for heavy metal and I loved it SO much. It was heavy, melodic, and almost symphonic with a healthy mix of guitars and strings. It turned out to be the Lacuna Coil song "Kill The Light"....I started to listen to more of Dark Adrenaline and....I don't know what happened, but despite not liking them before, I suddenly do. Cristina Scabbia sounds a lot more similar to Amy Lee or Carly Smithson than I originally thought when I first discovered them. While Evanesence is amazing at putting pure emotion in their songs, a lot of Lacuna Coil's songs are pretty emotional too.

Anyway, thank you so much for pointing me in their direction to begin with :)

Dark Adrenaline is a great record!

I agree with Segue's next-up recommendations, Broken Crown Halo and Comalies.

I had never listened to any other metal acts fronted by a female vocalist before them, which I'm happy with, really- I had no other touchstones in mind, in terms of comparison. But I like LC a lot.

• Like 1

I think...I love Lacuna Coil now.

Today, this kickass song came on in a "Spotify radio" for heavy metal and I loved it SO much. It was heavy, melodic, and almost symphonic with a healthy mix of guitars and strings. It turned out to be the Lacuna Coil song "Kill The Light"....I started to listen to more of Dark Adrenaline and....I don't know what happened, but despite not liking them before, I suddenly do. Cristina Scabbia sounds a lot more similar to Amy Lee or Carly Smithson than I originally thought when I first discovered them. While Evanesence is amazing at putting pure emotion in their songs, a lot of Lacuna Coil's songs are pretty emotional too.

Anyway, thank you so much for pointing me in their direction to begin with :)

Dark Adrenaline is a great record!

I agree with Segue's next-up recommendations, Broken Crown Halo and Comalies.

I had never listened to any other metal acts fronted by a female vocalist before them, which I'm happy with, really- I had no other touchstones in mind, in terms of comparison. But I like LC a lot.

Lacuna Coil are special beca use the female vocals are used as part of the texture and combined with Andi...magic!

My all time favourite male/female duo!

I CANT STOP LISTENING TO THE HOUSE OF SHAME

WHERE WAS THIS BAND MY ENTIRE LIFE?!

Try Delirium as a whole.

And then Broken Crown Halo. I think maybe you might dig these last three albums the most to start off with!

• Like 1

That's a really good song but there is also a very good album that comes after that song. You should try it sometime :cool:

• Like 2

That's a really good song but there is also a very good album that comes after that song. You should try it sometime :cool:

One step at a time haha!

After all we had to wait ages after weeks of having HoS haha

I haven't listened to all of Delirium yet, but there are some great songs on it. Case in point being the title track, Delirium, I really don't want to go super-overboard with the Evanescence comparisons or Amy vs. Cristina comparisons, but the title track does sound like it would fit perfectly on The Open Door album if it was an Evanescence song.

However, House Of Shame is just pure awesomeness. Especially this part....

Sometimes

You will find me there again

without mourning, without mourning

I haven't listened to all of Delirium yet, but there are some great songs on it. Case in point being the title track, Delirium, I really don't want to go super-overboard with the Evanescence comparisons or Amy vs. Cristina comparisons, but the title track does sound like it would fit perfectly on The Open Door album if it was an Evanescence song.

However, House Of Shame is just pure awesomeness. Especially this part....

Sometimes

You will find me there again

without mourning, without mourning

I can hear that actually. It has what I call a "broken glass" vibe. Shards of melody everywhere.