The Official 2015 Red Sox thread...

laughedatbytime

Where Red Sox fans can talk about the past, and everyone else can talk about the franchise's present.

Look, a 2 game winning streak. Only 50 more in a row and it's another 100 win season.

• Like 3

Well, they're in last place and can't seem to pitch or hit worth a damn and trying to get out of the basement. I had a great time at a spring Training game in Jupiter FL. Met some nice fans who came over from Fort Meyers....loved the thick Beantown accents.

At least they don't have the worst record in baseball that belongs to the Marlins. Going to see the Sox on Wednesday play those sorry Marlins. The Sox better win.

Other than a Springsteen or a Presto thread, I never thought such a thread topic existed where it was appropriate to post that kind of trash.

But oh yeah, it's a Red Sox thread.

I couldn't very well post something to do with Presto in a Red Sox thread...Presto, after all, is an album that redefines thinness...something that could never be said about the 2015 Red Sox.

• Like 1

Other than a Springsteen or a Presto thread, I never thought such a thread topic existed where it was appropriate to post that kind of trash.

But oh yeah, it's a Red Sox thread.

I couldn't very well post something to do with Presto in a Red Sox thread...Presto, after all, is an album that redefines thinness...something that could never be said about the 2015 Red Sox.

More thin than the trophy case at Wrigley Field?

Yes. The "glory days" of 22 months ago.

The irony of a Cubs fan suggesting that the events of 2, 8, and 11 years ago are ancient history is astonishing.

Nothing about this year?

Nothing?

If MusicHead was a Sawx fan he would have already picked another team. That's how bad this team is. Maybe Ben Cherington thought this year's WS championship would be determined by summing up age * 10 + weight instead of on the field It's important to have a GM that knows the rules.

The Cubs have not won Anything YET this season.

A long time until October, calm down Cub fans.

Come see me on September 25 and we'll hear...well we came close

• Like 1

Well, this was supposed to be a building year, so anything we do this year is gravy. Next year and the next 5-6, playoff appearances, division titles, league championships, and World Series' need to follow.

It's fascinating in a thread devoted to the Sam Adams Brewery softball teamx 2015 Red Sox, we haven't had a single one of their fans comment on the team.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

Well, this was supposed to be a building year, so anything we do this year is gravy. Next year and the next 5-6, playoff appearances, division titles, league championships, and World Series' need to follow.

Agreed, the Cubs are loaded with Young talent.

But so have the Dodgers for the last 5 years, and they have nothing to show for it.

Talent, Luck and Timing need to be perfect. And even then, you still don't get close.

Cubs looked poised to be a factor for the next 5 to 7 years for sure

Agreed, the Cubs are loaded with Young talent.

But so have the Dodgers for the last 5 years, and they have nothing to show for it.

Talent, Luck and Timing need to be perfect. And even then, you still don't get close.

Cubs looked poised to be a factor for the next 5 to 7 years for sure

No doubt that's the case but if they don't win it all at least once it will be a missed opportunity.

Hey, isn't this a thread devoted to the Sam Adams Brewery softball team 2015 Red Sox.

• Like 1

It's fascinating in a thread devoted to the Sam Adams Brewery softball teamx 2015 Red Sox, we haven't had a single one of their fans comment on the team.

They'll appear in the same number of playoff games as the Cubs this year. They have won the last playoff game of the year more recently than the sad sacks from Wrigley.

Like virtually every other team.

With the Sox it is hard to imagine 2 Years ago at this time they were on the cusp of that World Series win in 2013.

A fast 2 year fall for sure.

But that team was Veteran heavy. And that is always a short term solution. Sox appear to be finally letting youngsters play everyday.

A mostly injured Pedroia has not helped in 2015. I thought Panda would do more, than gain weight in Boston.

I commented and what else do you want to bitch about hmmmm?

They'll appear in the same number of playoff games as the Cubs this year. They have won the last playoff game of the year more recently than the sad sacks from Wrigley.

Sorry that 52 game winning streak didn't work out for you. The Marlins ARE a dominant team, even I have to admit that. That Giancarlo Stanton is a hell of a hitter. Maybe in 10 years he'll be bashing them out in the Hub. (Oh, he wasn't in the lineup. Well, Realmuto was so that's almost the same.)

Oh, well, you can still win 99.

I guess your above post counts as mentioning the 2015 Red Sox, so congrats on that. So, what does Ben Cherington and the rest of the Red Sox brain trust have to do to turn this thing around and get to be, say, the 14th best team in the American League?

Sorry that 52 game winning streak didn't work out for you. The Marlins ARE a dominant team, even I have to admit that. That Giancarlo Stanton is a hell of a hitter. Maybe in 10 years he'll be bashing them out in the Hub. (Oh, he wasn't in the lineup. Well, Realmuto was so that's almost the same.)

I guess your above post counts as mentioning the 2015 Red Sox, so congrats on that. So, what does Ben Cherington and the rest of the Red Sox brain trust have to do to turn this thing around and get to be, say, the 14th best team in the American League?

I don't know. What did they do after the really bad 2011 and 2012 seasons?

Oh yeah. They built a team that won the World Series.

Hell if I know, pitching would certainly help but EVERY team wants and needs more pitching. Just look at today's scorecard of the Marlins game....nice pummeling he Sox received 14-6.

• Like 1

Hell if I know, pitching would certainly help but EVERY team wants and needs more pitching. Just look at today's scorecard of the Marlins game....nice pummeling he Sox received 14-6.

Care to bet that they'll win the 2016 Series? I'll even give you 5 to 4 odds, being the magnanimous guy that I am.

50-64.

But it's no shame losing to the Marlins. Stanton and Jose Fernandez are great players. And 98 wins are still within reach.

Edited by laughedatbytime

Care to bet that they'll win the 2016 Series? I'll even give you 5 to 4 odds, being the magnanimous guy that I am.

50-64.

But it's no shame losing to the Marlins. Stanton and Jose Fernandez are great players. And 98 wins are still within reach.

Who will win the 2016 World Series?

50-64.

Who will win the 2016 World Series?

Cubs will probably still be a year away. Probably the Cardinals, or since it's an even numbered year, the Giants. But some teams will have no real chance (unless the Dodgers take Sandoval and Ramirez off your hands for Greinke and Kershaw or something).