The 2015 Chicago Cubs thread...

I'd be more than happy to trade any of our current players for one of your World Series trophies that was less than 100 years old.

Oh, you don't have any? Then GFY!

2 > 0

How about your Stanley Cups? Certainly with the great Alexander Ovechkin on your roster you have to have at least a couple of those.

It's a good thing you don't eat straw like this in SOCN.

:LOL:

Likewise.

What happened to your Wizards icon by the way?

Same thing that happened to all of your sports related AV's, I suppose.

Lol the Dolphins. At least Chicago made it to a Super Bowl in the last 10 years :P

A) How'd they do when they got there?

B ) When they met that year in the regular season, in Chicago, who kicked who's ass?

A. I blame Rex Grossman.

B. I blame Rex Grossman.

I'd be more than happy to trade any of our current players for one of your World Series trophies that was less than 100 years old.

Oh, you don't have any? Then GFY!

2 > 0

How about your Stanley Cups? Certainly with the great Alexander Ovechkin on your roster you have to have at least a couple of those.

It's a good thing you don't eat straw like this in SOCN.

Likewise.

What happened to your Wizards icon by the way?

Same thing that happened to all of your sports related AV's, I suppose.

Lol the Dolphins. At least Chicago made it to a Super Bowl in the last 10 years :P

A) How'd they do when they got there?

B ) When they met that year in the regular season, in Chicago, who kicked who's ass?

A. I blame Rex Grossman.

B. I blame Rex Grossman.

Who put Rexy in the game? Who starts at QB is usually an organizational decision.

Well, that was odd.

I don't think Soler was coming back from 0-2.

Well, you couldn't have asked for a better chance. Storen has been great this year.

I guess this is another reminder that the Cubbies might still be a year away.

Baez is tearing up the minors. Think we'll see him up any time soon? He's too good to be kept down on the farm forever.

Who would he replace in the lineup? Castro maybe? Rumors are that Castro's gonna be traded anyway.

I wouldn't mind seeing him in LF maybe?

But I wouldn't mind seeing Castro traded for something of value. A good eighth inning guy who should close (or a decent closer for a team that doesn't really need one--how about Aroldis Chapman? OK, I need to get serious). Castro's rep is better than he is as a player, not sure what you could get for him though. Then they could move Russell to short and Baez to 2B.

If Castro and maybe Coghlan were traded in a package of sorts, I'm not sure what we'd get out of that, but then you could have Baez 2B and Russell SS, and the question would be over LF.

In a couple of years it could be Schwarber...that guy can rake. It's all a matter of who you can get. I woa uldn't go against Theo with his track record in Chicago, though.

It would be nice to get a decent starter for Castro (and Coghlan if need be). One who can get Nick Ahmed and Tuffy Gosewitz out, for example. Just turned on the Cardinal game and he got those guys on strikes back to back. :rage:

I don't want to watch Cardinals games. All I do is watch their pitching staff and I start feeling sad.

As does most of the National League. :coy:

Well, you couldn't have asked for a better chance. Storen has been great this year.

I guess this is another reminder that the Cubbies might still be a year away.

Baez is tearing up the minors. Think we'll see him up any time soon? He's too good to be kept down on the farm forever.

Who would he replace in the lineup? Castro maybe? Rumors are that Castro's gonna be traded anyway.

I wouldn't mind seeing him in LF maybe?

But I wouldn't mind seeing Castro traded for something of value. A good eighth inning guy who should close (or a decent closer for a team that doesn't really need one--how about Aroldis Chapman? OK, I need to get serious). Castro's rep is better than he is as a player, not sure what you could get for him though. Then they could move Russell to short and Baez to 2B.

If Castro and maybe Coghlan were traded in a package of sorts, I'm not sure what we'd get out of that, but then you could have Baez 2B and Russell SS, and the question would be over LF.

In a couple of years it could be Schwarber...that guy can rake. It's all a matter of who you can get. I woa uldn't go against Theo with his track record in Chicago, though.

It would be nice to get a decent starter for Castro (and Coghlan if need be). One who can get Nick Ahmed and Tuffy Gosewitz out, for example. Just turned on the Cardinal game and he got those guys on strikes back to back. :rage:

I don't want to watch Cardinals games. All I do is watch their pitching staff and I start feeling sad.

As does most of the National League. :coy:

Wacha is making the NL his bitch.

Watching the ESPN cast and they are ripping into Rondon for every pitch he's thrown this inning. Rightly so, I suppose, we got f***ing lucky and Escobar got stupid enough to try that steal.

Cubs win! 3-2, bottom of the 9th with 2 outs, Addison Russell, the prodigal son saves the day. That game was a nailbiter. Edited by BowlCity
  • Like 1

Cubs win! 3-2, bottom of the 9th with 2 outs, Addison Russell, the prodigal son saves the day. That game was a nailbiter.

Guess we won't see Sheldon around here for at least a day. What do you think his avatar is now?

• Like 1

Cubs win! 3-2, bottom of the 9th with 2 outs, Addison Russell, the prodigal son saves the day. That game was a nailbiter.

How could you have anything but full confidence in Rondon shutting down the Natties in the 9th?

How could you have anything but full confidence in Rondon shutting down the Natties in the 9th?

Easily.

Guess we won't see Sheldon around here for at least a day. What do you think his avatar is now?

He's run out of sports teams at this point hasn't he?

• Like 1

Easily.

He was unhittable. Harper looked like a clown out there It got so bad Espinosa (?) had to try to steal third and home to score.

There's always the Skins...

:)

:rfl:

I thought about that too but he's not that desperate to put the Skins on this early.

Even with the greatest QB of them all starting for them. Cutler would kill to be RG3, I'd bet.

I thought about that too but he's not that desperate to put the Skins on this early.

Even with the greatest QB of them all starting for them. Cutler would kill to be RG3, I'd bet.

He could always go soccer.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c1/D.C._United_logo.svg/200px-D.C._United_logo.svg.png

• Like 1

At least we haven't set out a petition to have him shipped to the minors like Kevin Gregg in Cincy two weeks ago

At least we haven't set out a petition to have him shipped to the minors like Kevin Gregg in Cincy two weeks ago

We should have thought of that when Gregg was in Chicago.

We should have thought of that when Gregg was in Chicago.

It should be a clue when the Blue Jays get rid of a pitcher that they suck balls