The Worst - Round Eleven

Lorraine

38 members have voted

1. 1. What is(are) the worst song(s) on Hold Your Fire?

Thanks for the multi-select. I clicked on all of the above.

Worst Rush album by far.

My kind of guy!

You'd think people on The Rush Forum would have listened to Presto at least once...

At least Presto was an attempt to get back to a Rock format. Reintroduced us to Mr Lifeson.

But as someone cleverly said on TRF recently, they were so far down the synth rabbit hole, Geddy needed three albums and some swimmies to get back into the hard rock sound.

• Like 1

As I have readily admitted I never even heard this album until about a year ago and would have sh*t all over it back then but I really don't get all the dislike for it. In my view if you take the last two off ( an 8 song album is more than enough) and discard them its every bit as good as Power Windows... :)

And therein lies the difficulty. Power Windows stinks too. :LOL:

I am obviously an old school fan and much much prefer the 74' - 80'ish era but I can appreciate much of the 80's music even though it is way different stylistically for sure... :) Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 1

As I have readily admitted I never even heard this album until about a year ago and would have sh*t all over it back then but I really don't get all the dislike for it. In my view if you take the last two off ( an 8 song album is more than enough) and discard them its every bit as good as Power Windows... :)

I am obviously an old school fan and much much prefer the 74' - 80'ish era but I can appreciate much of the 80's music even though it is way different stylistically for sure... :)

Im with you Mr N, its not that I hate the 80s synth period, I "like" these albums- its that such an awsome power rock prog trio was tinning away. Its what we lost during that time, and arguably never got back.

• Like 2

I am obviously an old school fan and much much prefer the 74' - 80'ish era but I can appreciate much of the 80's music even though it is way different stylistically for sure... :)

Well, so can I. I just happen to not like every single song on an album sounding the same. You can hardly get more eighties than The Police, and you don't like them, right?

On the other hand, maybe I am not a TrueRushFan since I am not willing to sell a kidney or to drop everything in order to go see them this last tour. :huh:

For this exercise:

Tai Shan will be played by John David Ruiz

Force Ten will be played by David Tua

Well, so can I. I just happen to not like every single song on an album sounding the same. You can hardly get more eighties than The Police, and you don't like them, right?

I can enjoy some of The Police music because it was hard to avoid back in the day. I wouldn't call myself a fan though no. As far as not liking every single song we agree because I certainly don't either... :) Edited by Narpsberg

If Tai Shan is an error, Time Stand Still is a colossal mistake. My God that song is a WTF moment! Tai Shan, High Water, TSS, is left off would have made a great record. Clockwork Angels proved their balls are definately intact.

Bat Day at Yankee Stadium colossal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGPIKosXDmI

Edited by Tombstone Mountain

If Tai Shan is an error, Time Stand Still is a colossal mistake. My God that song is a WTF moment!

The good ole days when they gave you a "weapon" as you entered the stadium... :sigh:
  • Like 1

If Tai Shan is an error, Time Stand Still is a colossal mistake. My God that song is a WTF moment!

The good ole days when they gave you a "weapon" as you entered the stadium... :sigh:

And all the beer you can drink!

That was 8 days before the Marichal-Roseboro incident...

• Like 1

:laughing guy: Not sure why that made me laugh. The irony I suppose... :sigh: :huh:

:laughing guy: Not sure why that made me laugh. The irony I suppose... :sigh: :huh:

That's why I posted it. Giving the fans bats may have been a bad idea but giving them to some of the players was even worse.

• Like 1

That's why I posted it. Giving the fans bats may have been a bad idea but giving them to some of the players was even worse.

There is probably a video of it somewhere but I remember a particular seat cushion day at the old Memorial Stadium. One bad call against the O's and apparently the majority of the fans didn't care to take them home with them... :laughing guy: Edited by Narpsberg

:blah: If you haven't already done so folks, get your votes in quickly as polls will be closing in approximately 23 minutes... :)
  • Like 1

High Water. Just…yuck. I actually love Tai Shan, but I'm in the minority there.

You seem to enjoy being in the minority... :)

I watched that live. I am an old so and so I must admit... :codger: :sigh:

I was 11 and my father was stationed in Illinois at Glenview at the time, we had went to a Yankees/White Sox game a few weeks prior to that.

My Dad said, "We are never going back'....LOL