Any Horror Fans On TRF?

Virtualbob64

I'm a fan, but I like the cheesy ones too.

YOu're insANE! :blaze:

You know it!

http://i.imgur.com/BNTOieW.gif

Freddy can ROCK! :haz:

I don't remember that particular scene - where was that?

It's from the TV show. It was an anthology series and Freddy was like the host. :LOL:

Darn it - you're right! There was a TV show! :D

I saw Martyrs recently, and must admit it's one of the most impressive horror movies I've ever seen. Very graphic, original storyline, full of twists, and a jaw-dropping ending.

It's almost "intellectual" horror.

It's part of the new "French extremity" genre. I can also recommend "Inside", which is nerve-wrecking as well. I watched it two weeks ago and still have vivid memories of it. Had to fast forward a bunch of times.

I do like horror movies, although I don't watch them very often since the hubby doesn't like them. I don't really care for the slasher films though; I find they use blood as a substitute for a good plot. What I love are the head f*ck scary movies. Some of my faves are Hellraiser, Phantasm (a bit cheesy, but fun!), Silence of the Lambs, Se7en, uh, and probably more that I just can't think of right now.

The grossest movie I've ever seen is Peter Jackson's Dead Alive. Mind you, I am someone who can eat while watching surgery on TV, and one of my previous jobs included disassembling dead animals (for a museum) so I am not squeamish. But Dead Alive had the honour of being the only movie that has made me feel a bit queasy. Imagine my surprise when I heard Jackson was going to direct the Lord of the Rings movies—I didn't know what to expect!

I haven't seen Dead Alive for over 20 years. Maybe I should watch it again.

• Like 3

I like my share of horrors from time to time, such as The Shining and The Birds but I wouldn't say that I'm hugely into the genre. Never thought of Eraserhead as a horror film but I can definitely see some aspects of the genre in it (surrealist horror maybe?)

I saw Martyrs recently, and must admit it's one of the most impressive horror movies I've ever seen. Very graphic, original storyline, full of twists, and a jaw-dropping ending.

It's almost "intellectual" horror.

It's part of the new "French extremity" genre. I can also recommend "Inside", which is nerve-wrecking as well. I watched it two weeks ago and still have vivid memories of it. Had to fast forward a bunch of times.

I'm interested in seeing High Tension.

And this...

• Like 1

I watched Dead Alive at a movie theater which has now turned into a department store, way back in 1993. I knew it as "Braindead".

I leave you with the trailer of Inside:

That looks pretty intense.

I like my share of horrors from time to time, such as The Shining and The Birds but I wouldn't say that I'm hugely into the genre. Never thought of Eraserhead as a horror film but I can definitely see some aspects of the genre in it (surrealist horror maybe?)

Oh yeah, how could I forget The Shining?! A classic.

I only saw The Birds once, as a child. (What were my parents thinking, letting me watch that as a 7 or 8 year old?) I was so scared for weeks or months afterward. They also had let me watch The H Man about the same time. In retrospect it was a bad B-movie, but to a child it was scary!

I watched Dead Alive at a movie theater which has now turned into a department store, way back in 1993. I knew it as "Braindead".

That's a funny movie :LOL:

"This calls for Divine Intervention!......I Kick Ass for the Lord!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFhs5LCNTFY

Edited by Your_Lion
  • Like 1

Here's a sample of some that I like, some of these were made-for-TV films (Yeah, some of them were really good). My lists consists of originals, not remakes.

Halloween 1 (1978)

The Fog (1980)

Friday the 13th 1 and 2 (1980, 1981)

My Bloody Valentine (1981)

Happy Birthday to Me (1981)

Poltergeist (1982)

Carrie (1976)

the Exorcist (1973)

Dark Night of the Scarecrow (1981)

Don't Go to Sleep (1982)

Rosemary's Baby (1968)

Stepford Wives (1975)

Dolls (1985)

Edited by circumstantial tree

Ending to the original Friday the 13th. It shows that a boy scout camp in New Jersey can be a frightful place to be.

• Like 2

No, unless they did something else in the remake. The creators said they "stole" from Carrie for the ending. When Brian DePalma did Carrie, he "stole" his ending from "Deliverance".
  • Like 1

No, unless they did something else in the remake. The creators said they "stole" from Carrie for the ending. When Brian DePalma did Carrie, he "stole" his ending from "Deliverance".

How could he steal the ending when it was already in King's novel?

The ending in the movie Carrie is different than King's novel.

The ending in the movie Carrie is different than King's novel.

Is it? What's the difference then?

In the film, the surviving character, Sue Snell, dreams that she visits Carrie's grave and when she kneels down with flowers, Carrie's hand comes up and grabs her in a surprise twist. This doesn't happen in the novel. Can't remember how she dies in the novel.