tas7

I had the original album when it came out. I left so much stuff with my sister when I came to Alaska. She lost all of it to the owner of the building she was renting a place from. Behind on rent. And the rest is history. :madra:

Where can I get the original ESL?

I think I have it. It's yours if I do. :D

:o

I have the original album....... :codger:
  • Like 2

Sorry,

I just went through my Rush music and it's the Remastered one. But it looks like there are some on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/... album&_sacat=0

But I Can send it if you still want it.

Edited by troutman

You don't have to open your mouth, LorLor...he already said it's yours; you don't have to do anything for it.

lol

She knows,

I have already sent her some other Cd's. :D

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

Sorry,

I just went through my Rush music and it's the Remastered one. But it looks like there are some on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/... album&_sacat=0

But I Can send it if you still want it.

Vinyls won't help me. All I could do it sit and look at them. As you well know. :scared: (<-------------This is me laughing with my mouth closed.)

Thanks anyway. I have the DVD and the audio remix on my USB stick.

• Like 1

Do you have a turntable?

Yes but I never play my albums anymore. All of my collection is in my sons room with the turntable and my original Onkyo late 70's receiver. My pride and joy's that I still have all of this almost 40 years later..... :codger:
  • Like 3

Do you have a turntable?

Yes but I never play my albums anymore. All of my collection is in my sons room with the turntable and my original Onkyo late 70's receiver. My pride and joy's that I still have all of this almost 40 years later..... :codger:

Good,

Send that stereo my way!! :codger: :LOL:

Do you have a turntable?

Would be mine too.

:codger:

Who here went to the Moving Pictures tour concert(s)? So I know who to envy. :cool:

:codger: :D

Show offs! :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

:codger: :dweez:

• Like 3

I'll probably get booted out of TRF for this, but the best thing Rush could have done is let go of the reins and let Peter Collins take them after "Power Windows." That was the best sounding Rush album. Can you guys imagine how their more hard rocking post-"Hold Your Fire" stuff would have sounded with him at the controls? My God, "Vapor Trails" would be legendary! And "Clockwork.." wouldn't be far behind. All the remix stuff...well, I'm lost on that!
  • Like 4

Can you guys imagine how their more hard rocking post-"Hold Your Fire" stuff would have sounded with him at the controls?

Um no need to imagine, just listen to Counterparts or Test for Echo...

• Like 1

Can you guys imagine how their more hard rocking post-"Hold Your Fire" stuff would have sounded with him at the controls?

Um no need to imagine, just listen to Counterparts or Test for Echo...

I was thinking more "Vapor Trails" forward, but you're right. Those both sounded good. "Test for Echo" was done-in by abysmal songwriting. Counterparts was a very good-- often underrated album.
  • Like 1

Can't seem to be able to quote people. Spaghetti Lee you have answered what I have always suspected. My major question was always, why do I keep having to mess around with my stereo settings every time I put a live Rush DVD on? I have the original ESL on VHS but no longer have a video player, is it worth transferring the video to disc? I was lucky to see the Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures and Signals tours.

I have downloaded a version of ESL remastered by some random guy but sound is muddy.

Edited by tas7

Can't seem to be able to quote people. Spaghetti Lee you have answered what I have always suspected. My major question was always, why do I keep having to mess around with my stereo settings every time I put a live Rush DVD on? I have the original ESL on VHS but no longer have a video player, is it worth transferring the video to disc? I was lucky to see the Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures and Signals tours.

I have downloaded a version of ESL remastered by some random guy but sound is muddy.

You are very fortunate to have seen those tours. No video in the world can recapture what you and others personally experienced.

You are very fortunate to have seen those tours. No video in the world can recapture what you and others personally experienced.

Hey, true story...I saw Rush open for Elvis at the old Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium! They played "Heart Full of Soul" three times and then left the stage!

Another question, I have noticed there is a huge difference between the stereo and 5.1 sound in terms of volume, the stereo versions are very quiet but loud in terms of dynamic range if you know what I mean. I have to play them at twice the volume of say, Led Zeppelin's - How the West was Won and yet as stated by Spaghetti Lee it's over saturated.

I'll probably get booted out of TRF for this, but the best thing Rush could have done is let go of the reins and let Peter Collins take them after "Power Windows." That was the best sounding Rush album.

I think Peter Collins was the second best producer behind Terry Brown. PoW was my favorite sounding album post-Signals/pre-90s Rush. I also applaud him for persuading the band to go heavier after RTB, even if those albums aren't as well liked as the others. (I love Counterparts though!)

• Like 1