Speed Of Love: Why No Love (

Segue Myles

after the S&A vs. CA thread, I don't care what anyone here thinks of any one of us loving The Speed of Love. It boggles my mind that anyone could think S&A is superior to CA in any way. But, to each his own. That's how Rush sells albums and concert tickets and keeps in business.

I was just thinking much the same thing. I like to think that that attitude - we like what we like, and there's no need to judge - is a principle I try to live by. Yet it seems I am constantly questioning other people's choices! I happen to think Clockwork Angels is better than Snakes, too (I can appreciate a few songs on Snakes but mostly appreciate it for being the album they needed to make so that they could eventually make Clockwork), so I don't "get it" when people don't see the beauty of the thing. How come they don't hear what I hear??

I think many threads in this forum are based on the premise that one person can convince other people about the rightness of his or her opinion. I mean, these threads are often more about debate than appreciation, it seems to me. Maybe they'd be boring otherwise to some people: "Oh, you like Snakes and Arrows better than Clockwork Angels? That's wonderful! I, personally, prefer Clockwork Angels, but I respect you for your choice." Nothing wrong with a little healthy debate, I guess, but somethings don't seem very healthy: someone says "that song is shit," which for some people may translate to "there must be something wrong with you if you like it." I've been guilty of that myself, and I'm going to try to be more respectful in the future.

My best experiences on this forum have been when someone has described something they like in a song and someone else appreciates that. When you can, tell me about that part of Speed of Love that you like the best.

• Like 3

Me

Segue

Treeduck

Canadianice

Geddy'sSoul

Cyclonus X-1

Greyfriar

Circumstantial Tree

The Analog Grownup

Zumbi

BlueBarchetta

Pars123

Virtualbob64

:)

:wtf:

Is some one missing? :P

:unsure: Sorry, Troutman! I get easily confused these days too. :LOL: I must have copied the wrong list when I did this. I'll fix it.

Me

Segue

Treeduck

Canadianice

Geddy'sSoul

Cyclonus X-1

Greyfriar

Circumstantial Tree

The Analog Grownup

Zumbi

Troutman

BlueBarchetta

Pars123

Virtualbob64

I think you were after Zumbi, so that is where I put your name.

Many thinks for pointing out my egregious oversight. :LOL: ;) ;)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Me

Segue

Treeduck

Canadianice

Geddy'sSoul

Cyclonus X-1

Greyfriar

Circumstantial Tree

The Analog Grownup

Zumbi

BlueBarchetta

Pars123

Virtualbob64

:)

:wtf:

Is some one missing? :P

:unsure: Sorry, Troutman! I get easily confused these days too. :LOL: I must have copied the wrong list when I did this. I'll fix it.

Me

Segue

Treeduck

Canadianice

Geddy'sSoul

Cyclonus X-1

Greyfriar

Circumstantial Tree

The Analog Grownup

Zumbi

Troutman

BlueBarchetta

Pars123

Virtualbob64

I think you were after Zumbi, so that is where I put your name.

Many thinks for pointing out my egregious oversight. :LOL: ;) ;)

Ok,

But next time. :madra: :P

• Like 1

after the S&A vs. CA thread, I don't care what anyone here thinks of any one of us loving The Speed of Love. It boggles my mind that anyone could think S&A is superior to CA in any way. But, to each his own. That's how Rush sells albums and concert tickets and keeps in business.

I was just thinking much the same thing. I like to think that that attitude - we like what we like, and there's no need to judge - is a principle I try to live by. Yet it seems I am constantly questioning other people's choices! I happen to think Clockwork Angels is better than Snakes, too (I can appreciate a few songs on Snakes but mostly appreciate it for being the album they needed to make so that they could eventually make Clockwork), so I don't "get it" when people don't see the beauty of the thing. How come they don't hear what I hear??

I think many threads in this forum are based on the premise that one person can convince other people about the rightness of his or her opinion. I mean, these threads are often more about debate than appreciation, it seems to me. Maybe they'd be boring otherwise to some people: "Oh, you like Snakes and Arrows better than Clockwork Angels? That's wonderful! I, personally, prefer Clockwork Angels, but I respect you for your choice." Nothing wrong with a little healthy debate, I guess, but somethings don't seem very healthy: someone says "that song is shit," which for some people may translate to "there must be something wrong with you if you like it." I've been guilty of that myself, and I'm going to try to be more respectful in the future.

My best experiences on this forum have been when someone has described something they like in a song and someone else appreciates that. When you can, tell me about that part of Speed of Love that you like the best.

:goodone:

The Speed of Love isn't great—certainly Counterparts' weak spot—but it's at least listenable and doesn't have to do with black holes and Greek mythology. ;) So I'll give it that!
  • Like 1

Your opinion about all of this is completely wrong. You should be embarrassed and ashamed of yourself.

• Like 2

Your opinion about all of this is completely wrong. You should be embarrassed and ashamed of yourself.

:blush:

Just curious what you think is the problem with this?....

:blush:

What about the ashamed part?

Here...allow me to assist... :oops: .

What about the ashamed part?

Here...allow me to assist... :oops: .

I just try to keep my shame hidden . . . years and years of training, you know.

• Like 1

Twenty pages just on this song!

Isn't it wonderful??? :)

and to think you were hesitant to start this thread...haha!

Twenty pages telling us why there is no love for The Speed of Love. That's a lot of hate. :)

Well the haters can eat me.

no seriously...I am delicious!

Twenty pages telling us why there is no love for The Speed of Love. That's a lot of hate. :)

Not necessarily hate . . . just not a whole lotta love. A fair bit of tolerance. Just not a lot of "going out of one's way" for it. Some "arm's length" appreciation, just not an excessive amount of actual embracing. Copious amounts of "it is what it is," if not much overt acknowledgement of its merits. Sort of an "I like it well enough" attitude.

Okay, I'll stop before I get in trouble (too late) :smash:

• Like 1

Well, dog poop DOES draw flies...

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff230/batboystiiiwater/imageedit_9_7388089485_zpsc4918b91.gif

Can you not just be nice just ONCE IN A WHILE?

Edited by Segue Myles

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff230/batboystiiiwater/imageedit_9_7388089485_zpsc4918b91.gif

You're right. Those flies don't deserve that.

• Like 1

You should get one of these...

You should get one of these...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSy5mEcmgwU

I have one of these...... :sarcastic: :)

He may not be nice, but he's actually usually right.

Just not about Open Secrets or Available Light :smash:.

But he's still an offensive prick.

Edited by len(songs)

He may not be nice, but he's actually usually right.

Just not about Open Secrets or Available Light :smash:.

But he's still an offensive prick.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/27/2f/cb/272fcb5c04bd3ab344c444125dc9ef6b.jpg