What are you eating Right Now?

Maverick

I just finished eating the (vegetarian) Tea Leaf Salad from a local Burmese restaurant. From their webpage:

Tea Leaf Salad- La Phet​

Voted by Sunset Magazine as “the best salad in the West”. Mixed tableside, this salad/appetizer is enjoyed by Burmese people throughout the country. It is a fermented tea leaf dish tossed with a crispy mixture of nuts, beans, and garlic with shredded lettuce. It is truly “a party in your mouth”, it will change your mind about what salad can be.

OMFG, I love this salad! Since discovering it at the beginning of the year I've been eating it about once per week. Sofa king good.

• Like 2

I just finished eating the (vegetarian) Tea Leaf Salad from a local Burmese restaurant. From their webpage:

Tea Leaf Salad- La Phet​

Voted by Sunset Magazine as “the best salad in the West”. Mixed tableside, this salad/appetizer is enjoyed by Burmese people throughout the country. It is a fermented tea leaf dish tossed with a crispy mixture of nuts, beans, and garlic with shredded lettuce. It is truly “a party in your mouth”, it will change your mind about what salad can be.

OMFG, I love this salad! Since discovering it at the beginning of the year I've been eating it about once per week. Sofa king good.

High speed rabbit food is awesome. Tossed at tableside...nice!

• Like 1

Tea Leaf Salad- La Phet​

I'm confused. Is it made out of tea leaves or just regular lettuce?

Tea Leaf Salad- La Phet​

The salad is romaine lettuce, dried lentils, peanuts, sesame seeds, fried garlic, tomatoes, jalapenos, probably some other stuff, and the "dressing" is the fermented tea leaves. They taste slightly sour/tangy but mild. And the whole thing together is more than the sum of its parts.

• Like 1

Tea Leaf Salad- La Phet​

The salad is romaine lettuce, dried lentils, peanuts, sesame seeds, fried garlic, tomatoes, jalapenos, probably some other stuff, and the "dressing" is the fermented tea leaves. They taste slightly sour/tangy but mild. And the whole thing together is more than the sum of its parts.

Ah okay. Thanks for the explanation. :)

Just finished a delicious sandwich: Sourdough baguette, red pepper mayo, veggie lunch "meat", spiced sauteed onions, lettuce, and a few homemade spicy dill pickles to top it off. Although I realized too late I should have toasted the bread.

I love being able to cook. It makes life more ... delicious.

Just finished a delicious sandwich: Sourdough baguette, red pepper mayo, veggie lunch "meat", spiced sauteed onions, lettuce, and a few homemade spicy dill pickles to top it off. Although I realized too late I should have toasted the bread.

I never like to eat anything that I cook. Other people seem to like what I make, but I never want to eat it after I get done cooking it. Is that weird or what?

• Like 1

I never like to eat anything that I cook. Other people seem to like what I make, but I never want to eat it after I get done cooking it. Is that weird or what?

Actually its not,

I know that feeling. I think it has some thing to do with taking the time to cook it. Some times you just don't want to eat it when its done. For me it depends on what I am cooking and how hungry I am at the time.

Actually its not,

I know that feeling. I think it has some thing to do with taking the time to cook it. Some times you just don't want to eat it when its done. For me it depends on what I am cooking and how hungry I am at the time.

That could be. I kind of figured it was smelling it as it was cooking. I couldn't tell you how many times I've made stuff and then not wanted it after I cooked it. Or if I make a big huge pot of something like a soup or stew or whatever I'll eat it once and then I don't want it again.

Edited by EagleMoon

Hungarian Goulash

Haven't had that it ages.

I make it from scratch occasionally. It's a lot of work, buy damn yummy!

Do you mind giving out your recipe?

Yes, please do. We loves recipes! Well, at least I do. :)

Actually its not,

That could be. I kind of figured it was smelling it as it was cooking. I couldn't tell you how many times I've made stuff and then not wanted it after I cooked it. Or if I make a big huge pot of something like a soup or stew or whatever I'll eat it once and then I don't want it again.

Nothing ever tastes as good as I expected it to for me.

• Like 1

Actually its not,

Nothing ever tastes as good as I expected it to for me.

I find that happens too. I can get a recipe that I just love that someone makes, and yet when I make it tastes different.

Popcorn Factories Cocoa S'mores Popcorn. Yeah, it's the shiznit

http://catoctinpopcorn.com/resize/Shared/images/Products/Popcorn/smores.jpg?lr=t&bw=550&bh=550

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 1

I feel so bad for vegans

http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/Sandwiches/PhiladelphiaCheeseSteak.JPG

Here in SF you have your choice of vegetarian cheese "steaks" or vegan "cheese" "steaks". (I've only had the former and it was delicious.)

• Like 1