134 replies to this topic

#121 hunter

hunter

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1587 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:46 PM

View PostLerxstLuthier, on 28 November 2013 - 08:02 PM, said:

A simple tool called "the key" gets the job done easily.

Posted Image
Just got one of these in the mail and intonated my Epiphone Pro fx in no time. Sooooooooo worth it. :dweez:

Sponsored Post

#122 racefaceec90

racefaceec90

The Seeker

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:playing guitar (badly),mountain biking,films,music,computer games

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:58 AM

have only just clicked this thread (afraid that i haven't been here for a while).AWESOME! is all i can say :dweez:  :drool:

am slightly (well very) short of funds (as i bought a new guitar/amp/effects pedal in december after i had a bit of good luck).if i did have the money though,i would be giving you a call pronto  :sundog:

#123 TFEman

TFEman

The Seeker

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • Interests:Rush, guitar, drums, tv, food

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:19 PM

Hey I had an idea as to what guitar replica of some sort you could do next. It would be so cool if you did a replica of Alex's Black and Orange PRS he used for Time Stand Still.

Posted Image

That one, with the Evans/Signature Pickup in the Bridge, and a Seymour duncan in the neck.
I might take this on...

Edited by TFEman, 03 February 2014 - 06:19 PM.

#124 TFEman

TFEman

The Seeker

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:21 PM

Oh and I will make a YouTube video of my Great White replica I am in the process of making, and the making of the guitar.

#125 Babycat

Babycat

Party Animal

• Members *
  • 79165 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:00 AM

I always thought this guitar didn't exist.

#126 LerxstLuthier

LerxstLuthier

The Seeker

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Guitars and recording

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:35 AM

Hey Hentor Fans....

I'm pleased to announce that you can all hear the Hentor once again! Alex Lifeson was invited to play on a song from Jon Wesley's forthcoming album "Disconnect".

I had to hold my tongue since I knew about this back in September when Alex e-mailed me telling me that he was recording at Wesley's studio and using his newly refurbished Hentor exclusivley.

Well, now it's been announced and I can talk about it! Al was thrilled with the Hentor telling me "It never sounded this good, buddy! Wonderful results today with the session."

I can't wait to hear this...apparently Alex laid down a fabulous solo.

#127 tskidmore

tskidmore

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:00 PM

View PostLerxstLuthier, on 28 February 2014 - 08:35 AM, said:

Hey Hentor Fans....

I'm pleased to announce that you can all hear the Hentor once again! Alex Lifeson was invited to play on a song from Jon Wesley's forthcoming album "Disconnect".

I had to hold my tongue since I knew about this back in September when Alex e-mailed me telling me that he was recording at Wesley's studio and using his newly refurbished Hentor exclusivley.

Well, now it's been announced and I can talk about it! Al was thrilled with the Hentor telling me "It never sounded this good, buddy! Wonderful results today with the session."

I can't wait to hear this...apparently Alex laid down a fabulous solo.

Hey Freddy, that is great news on so many fronts!  Cant wait to hear it!  Hentor replica #12 is still doing great here....

Edited by tskidmore, 01 March 2014 - 01:00 PM.

#128 LerxstLuthier

LerxstLuthier

The Seeker

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Guitars and recording

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:06 PM

View Posttskidmore, on 01 March 2014 - 01:00 PM, said:

Hey Freddy, that is great news on so many fronts!  Cant wait to hear it!  Hentor replica #12 is still doing great here....

Great!

#129 jdouglas

jdouglas

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 769 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:40 PM

Solo starts about the 4 min mark....sounds pretty good to me.  :)

#130 default236

default236

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2415 posts
  • Interests:49ers
    Comedy
    Jazz

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:14 PM

View PostTFEman, on 03 February 2014 - 06:19 PM, said:

Hey I had an idea as to what guitar replica of some sort you could do next. It would be so cool if you did a replica of Alex's Black and Orange PRS he used for Time Stand Still.

Posted Image

That one, with the Evans/Signature Pickup in the Bridge, and a Seymour duncan in the neck.
I might take this on...
Just curious, is the Evans pickup active? If it is, how would you connect it to a passive Seymour Duncan because I always thought the pots and stuff are different. Unless the Seymour Duncan is disconnected in his Paul Reed Smith.. Please post a thread if you decide to make this project a reality :)

Edited by default236, 20 May 2014 - 10:15 PM.

#131 TFEman

TFEman

The Seeker

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:31 AM

View Postdefault236, on 20 May 2014 - 10:14 PM, said:

View PostTFEman, on 03 February 2014 - 06:19 PM, said:

Posted Image

I might take this on...
Just curious, is the Evans pickup active? If it is, how would you connect it to a passive Seymour Duncan because I always thought the pots and stuff are different. Unless the Seymour Duncan is disconnected in his Paul Reed Smith.. Please post a thread if you decide to make this project a reality :)
Well, I did build a Great White Replica with Lace Sensors, but I started a thread and never really went back to it. The Bridge pickup in the pic is right from a Signature, so it is active, but I would use passive pickups.

#132 TFEman

TFEman

The Seeker

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 03:44 PM

On any of these (meaning original and replicas) is the Bill Lawrence wired to be split or just as a HB?

#133 cooheed2112

cooheed2112

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 04:53 AM

Hb no coil split. Though it would be worth splitting and it wouldn't detract from the originala appearance

#134 TFEman

TFEman

The Seeker

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 10:01 AM

View Postcooheed2112, on 12 July 2015 - 04:53 AM, said:

Hb no coil split. Though it would be worth splitting and it wouldn't detract from the originala appearance
Maybe he did that on one of the other strats, and it would be cool to try, but thanks

#135 johnnySee

johnnySee

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:58 AM

Hey Freddy, hope you are still around. Did you publish the extensive documentation you did on the Hentor? I'm trying to build my own and want to get as close as possible to the original specs, namely the weight of the body and the neck details (contour and fingerboard radius). The rest of the details, electronics and hardware, are obviously much easier to pin down. Do you happen to recall the string gauges and setup details? Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users