• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 MCM

MCM

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1601 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (RUSH-2112 @ Aug 31 2012, 10:19 AM)
QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Aug 30 2012, 06:02 PM)
Sorry for the lateness in responding - yes. These are the first set of tix I bought. I've since upgraded and now have no home for these.

Awesome.  Stop by the Distant Signals VIP tailgate before the show and have a beer and say hello.  Look for the Distant Signals banner and hopefully will be directly across the street from Consol Energy in the parking lot.   653.gif

1 of the 7 and I will be old friends by the time she gets to Pittsburgh!  (ha ha)  I'm going to offer her a tour of the city which I hope will include a tailgate before the show.. will you be in the Melody Tent lot?  

Sponsored Post

#42 1 of the 7

1 of the 7

Geddy, Geddy, Gumdrops!

• Members
  • 11919 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (RUSH-2112 @ Aug 31 2012, 11:19 AM)
Sorry for the lateness in responding - yes. These are the first set of tix I bought. I've since upgraded and now have no home for these.

Awesome.  Stop by the Distant Signals VIP tailgate before the show and have a beer and say hello.  Look for the Distant Signals banner and hopefully will be directly across the street from Consol Energy in the parking lot.   653.gif

Will do! I think you know me from the Facebook groups - I'm Carrie Ellen W. bekloppt.gif And just now, I found out I may have a potential buyer for my tix! Woohoo!

#43 Distant Signals

Distant Signals

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (MCM @ Aug 31 2012, 06:39 PM)
QUOTE (RUSH-2112 @ Aug 31 2012, 10:19 AM)

1 of the 7 and I will be old friends by the time she gets to Pittsburgh!  (ha ha)  I'm going to offer her a tour of the city which I hope will include a tailgate before the show.. will you be in the Melody Tent lot?

I am hosting this VIP tailgate party   trink38.gif  

#44 jesterhud

jesterhud

The Seeker

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Rush !, Marillion, anything to do with aviation, photography, gardening, model kits.

I am so boring.

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:39 PM

Visiting family in Pittsburgh and then coming downtown for this show, whats worthwhile doing downtown during the day before the show ?

#45 Chris Armstrong

Chris Armstrong

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Learning, music, computers and technology, economics, history, natural sciences

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:25 PM

Hey folks, can anyone help a fellow Pittsburgher out? I have 4 first-row non-floor seats I'd like to trade for 2 floor seats. I purposely didn't buy floor seats so that my friends could afford the show, but they all backed out and now I'm out of arms reach of Geddy, Alex, and Neil sad.gif

The seats are Section 104, Row A, seats 15-18. Please PM me or e-mail me at chris@chrisarmstrong.me if you're at all interested - we only have a few days left. Thanks so much!

#46 Amy Farrah Fowler

Amy Farrah Fowler

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Interests:Photography, RUSH, family, online chatting, Facebooking...

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:46 PM

I'll trade you those four row A for four row Q in 104.  Tee hee!!

#47 PennSt8r

PennSt8r

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:39 PM

Guess we will get set list A since were the third show.  Just guessing.

#48 MCM

MCM

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1601 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:53 AM

QUOTE (PennSt8r @ Sep 9 2012, 05:39 PM)
Guess we will get set list A since were the third show.  Just guessing.

I know, that will mean I get the same show I saw in Manchester.  No complaint, but I'd like to see some of the alternate songs.. hopefully one of my other shows will be the second setlist.  

ONE MORE DAY!!! It's Rushmass Eve today in Pittsburgh!!!

#49 Distant Signals

Distant Signals

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:06 AM

2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  Tonight   653.gif  

#50 Amy Farrah Fowler

Amy Farrah Fowler

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 703 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:55 AM

I had an amazing time...hope everyone else did, too!  The crowd was very controlled...it was a great experience.

#51 Distant Signals

Distant Signals

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:37 AM

Great show last night.  Loved both sets of music.  Thank you Rush for coming to Pittsburgh.  Hope to see you again real soon.   wub.gif  

#52 TeamLerxst

TeamLerxst

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:classic rock, Impressionist painting, writing, anime, nature

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:41 PM

Last night was my first Rush show--and even though I'm seeing the Who in November, I don't know how that, or any other concert for that matter, will measure up to what I experienced. Thank you, guys, for such an amazing show!

#53 softfilter

softfilter

The Professor

• Members
  • 3677 posts
  • Interests:Reading mostly military history & local Ohio history. Riding mountain bike on Ohio/Erie canal trail. Discovering new micro brews!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE (Amy Farrah Fowler @ Sep 12 2012, 07:55 AM)
I had an amazing time...hope everyone else did, too!  The crowd was very controlled...it was a great experience.

By "very controlled" do you mean subdued or less then enthusiastic? sad.gif
I have read complaints about the sound mix on other message boards besides TRF. Hope they get that ironed out by the time they get to Cleveland.

#54 PennSt8r

PennSt8r

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:25 PM

It did seem a bit muddy compared to the last few times they have been through.

#55 Amy Farrah Fowler

Amy Farrah Fowler

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 703 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:23 PM

Well, I had musician's earplugs, so all of the super high frequencies were removed...it sounded good to me.  I did take them out a few times, just to hear the difference and there's no way I could have listened without them...it was just a cacophony of frequencies.

After replaying the evening in my head today, sure, there could have been a wide variety of "disappointment" out in the crowd.

For me, it's RUSH.  We shared the same space on the planet for the better part of three hours and they were playing for me.  What's not to love and appreciate?  smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users